Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Team Faber guys should have had state flags if Conor's dudes had their individual country flags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
AWKWARD BANTER TIME

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Long, awkward pauses ahoy

They better start making out by episode 3

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I'm interested to see if somebody can make Hall strike with them for a while. A guy with his submission skills can go pretty far in the B-leagues just putting his hands up and bulling forward, I'm curious if he's managed to acquire any level of comfort exchanging.

He might have better chance of exchanging pleasantries with another person than hands

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

They've brought somebody back the last like three seasons, this isn't new.

Due to injury, yeah.

But I don't recall them just having a dude show up randomly on the first day :-/

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Conor saying there's a difference between losing and getting caught makes me wonder if he has the same view on his losses.

I think I read something a few years ago that said fighters that accept their losses make better improvements than fighters that treat them as flukes.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

For those who didn't watch, what this actually turned out to be was Conor telling the dude between rounds "You're winning on the feet, stay on the feet!" after which the guy would go out, instantly shoot a double, and pull guard the second there was even a trace of a sprawl on the part of his opponent. It was actually kind of funny watching him relentlessly do the opposite of what he was told at every conceivable turn.

The reverse Stand n Wang

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Conor has the posture of a tiny, proud bantam rooster and it's adorable.

Conor McGregor - fights like a kicking chicken, kicks like a fighting chicken

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

My favorite is still the guy that got mackinzietined after the coaches and he game planned specifically to avoid it.

....and ONE!!!!

wow

*puts on lip balm in preparation to motorboat some asses*

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I got an email from the UFC shop site that spoiled the outcome.

team faber "dominates", erosa wins, I assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Train army combatives with Tim Kennedy

• Locked thread