Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fatherdog posted:

For those who didn't watch, what this actually turned out to be was Conor telling the dude between rounds "You're winning on the feet, stay on the feet!" after which the guy would go out, instantly shoot a double, and pull guard the second there was even a trace of a sprawl on the part of his opponent. It was actually kind of funny watching him relentlessly do the opposite of what he was told at every conceivable turn.

otoh, Conor was pretty ineffective at giving the guy anything to work with. Yes, he kept yelling "stand, stand, loving stand up, loving hell stand up" which is what the guy should have been doing, but he never really gave him any guidance on how to achieve that and the guy clearly had no clue how to do it himself. It's probably why Conor said "I'm not going to coach you", but then he went and yelled over the actual cornermen the whole time anyway. The guy wasn't even looking for underhooks or really doing much with his hips and Conor certainly wasn't telling him to do those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Grem posted:

Conor was telling him a lot of things. He got frustrated after the dude shot in the second round, then again after his big gently caress you in the third, but Conor was giving technical advice even after that, although very sparsely. I don't blame him. His fighter was on his back because he didn't listen. The dude pulled guard twice.

If he was shouting technical advice, I certainly couldn't hear it over any of the other sound in the gym. He doesn't seem to be great at the cornerman thing, but he's kinda making it hard for the people he designated to be cornermen when he draws the fighter's attention by pacing around and shouting at him.

Also, his impeccable posture when strutting angrily is hilarious.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Le Saboteur posted:

Thats one thing I've really noticed in the show is Conor McGregor's commitment to always sitting and standing with the best possible posture. Dude never slumps or slouches.

Yeah, his picture in the gym makes me giggle for the same reason. It's like he wants to be extra sure that booty be poppin for his poster.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

jediguy posted:

I particularly enjoyed Conor's reluctantly accepting "yeah" after Faber suggested he start turning up to morning training

Yeah, this kinda wipes away any other bad shittalking Faber did. He completely owned Conor with that line.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
My impression of Conor as a coach went way up this episode. Helps that they spent a lot of the time focusing on how he was training his guys.

That dude's back hair was nasty. He looked like a sweaty swamp rear end.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

tesilential posted:

So no show cause baseball, right?

Yes, but baseball is cool and good and you should watch it instead. The two games FS1 aired yesterday were loving crazy.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Yet another thing for shit_atom's_wrong_about.xls

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Eat This Glob posted:

I watched 60% of the first round because TUF as i glanced up from very important internet browsing on my laptop tonight, but I thought bagdhad won the first round. nsac, gimme a call. i can phone it in from cage-side too.

Same for me, but I might have been biased by a dude named Baghdad beating up Conor's warboy to get into the house.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Artem is going to get ktfo the moment he fights someone who isn't too gunshy to take advantage of his Swiss cheese style. Gruetz left so many openings unused because he respected Artems power too much.

Hall, I don't even know Wtf. I gave him round 1, but he got sloppy hunting for the takedown in round 2, and once he got dropped that was it. I think he could have won in a third round if he'd continued to out point Saul on the feet.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ICHIBAHN posted:

The Artem walks, like a toddler, makes me laugh. He's hilarious. And aye, rotten.

My wife said the same thing: "He looks like he pooped his diaper just before the fight started."

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Hall is a really bad matchup for Arterm. Artem is so flatfooted and plodding, his leg is there for the taking all day.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Decision to Saul.

And depending on when Saul's issues occurred, they may have had no choice but to pick an American so they weren't reliant upon visa approval.

It would have been pretty poo poo not to bring in the guy Saul fought for his spot with Saul out.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea, Hall lost in the quarters, but I'm guessing they wanted Hall because a) he's on the opposite team and b) no concern regarding obtaining a visa.

e: Marcin's on the card anyway so who knows

lol, shows how much attention I pay to TUF these days. I put it on the DVR and within seconds find my phone way more captivating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Sprecherscrow posted:

Ryan Hall's fanbase is minuscule and mostly consists of people who are huge MMA dorks anyway.

Yeah, after I told my wife who Hall was, she was really confused as to why someone as accomplished in BJJ as him would go into facepunching. My answer was basically "there's no such thing as a BJJ PPV".

• Locked thread