Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

fatherdog posted:

Whatever lighting rig they have that puts little gleaming circles in people's eyes for all the interview segments is weirdly distracting to me

It's a ring light and yeah it's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

fatherdog posted:

I'm not sure how showing up for the morning light practice is going to make the guy not do the opposite of what you tell him to.

It wouldn't have but its funny to see a rare moment when Conor acknowledged, internally at least, that he may have done something wrong.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Some people respond differently to different types of motivation, there is no one size fits all approach to management. See how Greg Jackson calms GSP down in the corner and then downplays any injuries and goes through very specific goals for the next round, meanwhile he's all GO GIT SOME MISTER DONALD SER RO NAY

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I made this in honor of McConor, best TUF coach: https://instagram.com/p/8N9y3TrJ1V/

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Those guard pulls to sweeps that Hall was hitting in practice were nuts - one of my buddies does poo poo like that and I still get swept all the loving time.

I'm bad at the grapple.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Marcin moves like he's swimming in molasses, christ what does Conor see in him

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

And of course the guy who didn't train is gassed. Lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Kinda weird I was expecting a sudden victory round

Yeah same but honestly he looked like death before round 1 ended. I'm surprised he didn't get stopped because he looked too gassed to stand at times.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Conor McGregor spent 20 minutes building up TJ vs Faber for free, Faber looks sheepish throughout.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

fatherdog posted:

I feel like round 1 is probably Mehdi, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the judges have it the other way.

Yeah same, not sure why Conor thought round 1 was such a blowout.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

-Atom- posted:

should have gone to a third

Yeah but I think you'd still have a weird split scorecard with the way they matched up.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Maybe they know that Hall has a fanbase outside the UFC already and are hoping he'll bring in some more PPV money.

When Hollywood Hyan Hall fights in the UFC brother, all the little Hallamaniacs go wild and say their prayers and eat their vitamins, whatchu gonna do when Hallamania leg locks you!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

You could not pay me to do a Paul Harris leglock seminar

• Locked thread