Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Dana has been trying for years to find a way around the "Roy Nelson effect" where the smartest fighters give just enough to win their fights and save their energy and health for the final fight. The fact it took him this long to just say, "gently caress it! I'll just cut the biggest Roy Nelson!" is kind of surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
For anyone curious, the TUF production team is obviously muting the mics of the cornermen for Team Europe, while playing the audio from Conor's mic over the action. So in reality he may not be as loud as we are hearing on the show.

Hilariously, the reason I can tell this is happening is because I utilize the corner mic feature on UFC.tv during fights where Matt Serra is cornering, so I've actually learned to discern between hearing a cornerman's mic and hearing their screaming being picked up by the mics floating above the octagon.

EDIT: If you listen, you can still hear the Team Europe corner being picked up by the octagon mics.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
That Ryan Hall fight was definitely pretty funny. I'm actually really impressed with how Conor and his coaches basically saw exactly what was needed to disarm his grappling and then showed Saul how to do it. It really reminds me of when GSP coached and he would gameplan with his fighters how to trick the opponents into fighting the way he wanted them to fight.

EDIT: You can actually see the moment in the middle of Rd1 where Saul realized Hall had nothing for him and got really pumped.

• Locked thread