Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

That's totally fair, I don't remember the discussions, but I thought I'd try it out with the expectation that it'd be a no-go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
We'd have to come up with rules for buying keepers. If i pay 50 dollars for a 1 dollar contract is it 50 dollars now or still 1 dollar?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Veskit posted:

We'd have to come up with rules for buying keepers. If i pay 50 dollars for a 1 dollar contract is it 50 dollars now or still 1 dollar?

I'm looking at this from the context of an outsider but isn't it just trading future cash instead of future draft picks? Seems pretty straightforward.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Player should still cost $1. You're essentially paying for the player on the bargain contract and banking on it being worth more to your team than an extra $50 at the draft.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm looking at this from the context of an outsider but isn't it just trading future cash instead of future draft picks? Seems pretty straightforward.

No Because

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Player should still cost $1. You're essentially paying for the player on the bargain contract and banking on it being worth more to your team than an extra $50 at the draft.

Then what about the other way where someone buys a 150 dollar crosby then his value skyrockets during the trading part cause you can buy a 1 dollar crosby or hell even a 50 dollar crosby

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

You'd be keepering off of the draft/FA pickup cost anyways, presumably.

I'd imagine you'd treat the money sent more or less like a traded player worth that same amount, in that it doesn't really affect the keeper cost of the player you're trading for. So a $150 draft crosby bought for $50 would still be $150 * 120% next season.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 3, 2016

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Yeah I guess it could work. It certainly adds a new layer to the HHL.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't see how you're getting Crosby to suddenly be worth $1 in that scenario. If Crosby went for $150 at the draft, and is traded, his base value is still $150 for keeper purposes.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I inversed my numbers like a dumb dumb.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I know someone said that we'd all be in a range of 450-550, but couldn't I theoretically continue hoarding cash by trading off players and ending up with, like, $700?

e: I should add that I am in favour of being able to trade money. It makes for an interesting twist.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 4, 2016

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Maybe a minimum cap and a maximum cap (for start of season purposes)?

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Not a single trade this year in LSL :(

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

So, uh, I was expecting everybody else to veto the Carter for Stastny trade with what we were discussing here. What happens now?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fancy stats posted:

So, uh, I was expecting everybody else to veto the Carter for Stastny trade with what we were discussing here. What happens now?

I guess I could force add and force drop the players and make a note that only you guys can pick them back up.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

toe knee hand posted:

Not a single trade this year in LSL :(

Yeah, nobody even offered me anything this year. There were a couple of players I was thinking of moving but injuries and slumps and such stopped things before they started.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah so the problem with manually adding/dropping Stastny/Carter as that it's going to gently caress Anton Strawman out of a roster spot for a few days while he waits to add him back. What do you guys want to do?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

T-Bone posted:

Yeah so the problem with manually adding/dropping Stastny/Carter as that it's going to gently caress Anton Strawman out of a roster spot for a few days while he waits to add him back. What do you guys want to do?

Just my two cents since I don't own Anton Strawman, but it's worth noting that they've already clinched a playoff spot and there's not a big chance they're going to face anyone other than Eichel and Dimed in the first round; if he's OK with it I doubt not having that roster spot for a couple days will really affect anything.

e: On the other hand it could help Strawman's opponent this week, Veskit's team, clinch the number one seed, since they're only one point ahead of As Gudas It Gets.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I was going to murder him anyway

Also I'm really only 1 point out of being second place? I loving don't understand how any of this happened with my team none of this feels real.

Plus does number 1 or 2 seed really matter except for bragging rights? Either way whatever works works and I understand the complexities of the issue.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Alright, I think I'm going to manually add/drop them tonight. I'll put up a note telling people not to add them.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

The wording is dumb I should probably rewrite that. Essentially you can have a player for 3 seasons. The season in which you pick them up + 2.

e: I don't even remember how we've been doing trades. I think the years on the previous team count but if that's wrong feel free to correct me.
Previous years count! I'd like to note that I got an exception with Karlsson because 1. I picked him up before we started the 3 year thing and 2. I picked him up from waivers when he was injured, so he didn't play a lot in that season (though he did play some, iirc).

Anyhow, just a note that I'd be open to trading cap dollars in HHL also!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

Alright, I think I'm going to manually add/drop them tonight. I'll put up a note telling people not to add them.

I'm not in HHL and am not really familiar with the situation/particulars so maybe you already know this and it's not helpful at all, but I'm pretty sure that as commissioner you can instantly drop players and then instantly add them to the other person's roster. There doesn't need to be any lag time.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm not in HHL and am not really familiar with the situation/particulars so maybe you already know this and it's not helpful at all, but I'm pretty sure that as commissioner you can instantly drop players and then instantly add them to the other person's roster. There doesn't need to be any lag time.

Oh really? The commissioner add/drop doesn't put them through waivers?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you're in Yahoo it's immediate. That's how my league does trades. We send to him and he actions them to make sure the salary cap and team spots are all legal.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

Oh really? The commissioner add/drop doesn't put them through waivers?

Pretty sure it's immediate; haven't had to do it for a few years now.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Cool, should be all set -- thanks guys.

e: oh wait Faulk was part of that too eh, -- gotta fix that.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

The Faulk/Reilly trade was separate and didn't involve any future cash.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Oh OK, changing it back.

Also, lol I didn't see Keith Kinkaid in the recent waiver pickups in the LSL and got all excited to pick him up but then slowly realized in horror that someone had been carrying him since February 15th.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

If you can automatically add the players, that'd be perfect. If not, the empty spot doesn't bother me, I was trying to gently caress around and, really, as someone already mentioned, this week probably isn't going to affect all that much in the long run.

e: Already done? Cool beans.

e2:

Veskit posted:

I was going to murder him anyway

Also I'm really only 1 point out of being second place? I loving don't understand how any of this happened with my team none of this feels real.

:mad:

Also, if you look at the head-to-head stats, you're top 3 in most categories. I'm somehow coasting while just middling in everything. Your ridiculous early season lead definitely evaporated, though. You were sitting at > 70% win rate at some point, no?

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 7, 2016

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

T-Bone posted:

Also, lol I didn't see Keith Kinkaid in the recent waiver pickups in the LSL and got all excited to pick him up but then slowly realized in horror that someone had been carrying him since February 15th.

I can't believe I drafted Kinkaid in the 15th round, then dropped him before Schneider exploded. I guess it's not that important since I'm not hurting for goaltending anymore.

I'm in this weird position where I'm basically getting a bye week this week; I've already clinched the Canada division championship and the #2 seed, but I'm so far behind the #1 team that I can't possibly catch up in one week.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

I can't believe I drafted Kinkaid in the 15th round, then dropped him before Schneider exploded. I guess it's not that important since I'm not hurting for goaltending anymore.

I'm in this weird position where I'm basically getting a bye week this week; I've already clinched the Canada division championship and the #2 seed, but I'm so far behind the #1 team that I can't possibly catch up in one week.

I was in 2nd for a decent chunk of the year in the Longstick then had a lot of injuries and poo poo and now I'm all the way in 9th. I gotta have a pretty good week probably just to limp in.

Ah well. poo poo happens.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Veskit posted:

poo poo, I didn't know I was so close. I think seeds matter but also our head v head matters so I wish I hadn't been too lazy to set my lineup and miss an Andersen shutout. OH WELL. we have similar team builds in some ways though your guys score more and my goalies are better.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I'm still mad how poo poo Rinne has been. I mean I understand Miller and all but RInne? Come on.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Veskit posted:

I'm still mad how poo poo Rinne has been. I mean I understand Miller and all but RInne? Come on.

I'm mad Mike Smith didn't even get the chance to Mike Smith me, and instead has just been dead :(

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
And on this last week of the fantasy regular season, I have not gotten a goalie to play a single game, lmao

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Vicas posted:

And on this last week of the fantasy regular season, I have not gotten a goalie to play a single game, lmao

I'm in the 9th in the Longstick but Schneider is injured and of loving course someone already had Keith Kinkaid. That shouldn't have been a problem since I have both of the Dallas goalies but somehow it's Saturday and I've only gotten one start out of them, and Dallas only plays one more time this week.

So in desperation I've added Grubauer and am hoping he starts tonight. If he doesn't, I'll lose goalie starts by default which will probably be it for my team. I might lose even if I get the starts, but dammit it would be nice to have a chance.

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001

Vicas posted:

Probably should have ditched Zatkoff (is he even being dressed anymore?). Don't think it would have mattered much this week, Varlamov and Halak were ridiculous.

deadEd fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 12, 2016

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

deadEd posted:

Probably should have ditched Zatkoff (is he even being dressed anymore?). Don't think it would have mattered much this week, Varlamov and Halak were ridiculous.

I mean, at this point it's a question of where I would have found an untaken goalie in LSL who would actually play 3 games in a week, because I don't think one exists. Losing Smith and Dubnyk was really a sign from god

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Motherfucker, I didn't realize the playoffs were starting already.

I was hoping I'd get a few more weeks for Faulk to heal up, but now I might have traded Rielly for a broken/dead player. Whoops.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I mean, there's less than a month left in the real NHL season, when did you think the fantasy playoffs were?

also I made the HHL playoffs by one point even after selling off some of my best players, looking forward to losing in round 1 to veskit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I mean, there's less than a month left in the real NHL season, when did you think the fantasy playoffs were?

Good point. I think I've just been checked out on hockey for the last few months, what with Montreal being a goddamn tire fire.

• Locked thread