Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

rexelation posted:

I can change it to Monday night if it works for most people.

As long as it's still the same time Monday would probably work for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001

rexelation posted:

Monday night works for me too.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll keeper:

Jakub Voracek : 49---->59
Brendan Gallagher: 19-->23
Matt Martin: 1--->2
TJ Brodie: 1---->2

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

rexelation posted:

I will probably have that day off so that works, worse comes to worse I can try and switch days.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
federal league memorial thread

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Twin Cinema posted:

I went all-in in for the HHL last year, and I lost. My team's keepers are going to be pitiful this year.

Same. Those three glorious years of cheap Subban and Pacioretty spoiled me.

I'm in again as Bourque (I'll think of a new name at some point), because I don't spend enough time at work fiddling on Excel. Pretty slim pickings from last year, but I'm going to be keeping:

[Gone and editted away]

Waffled between Morgan Rielly and Eddie Lack. If history is any indication, goalie auctions could get hilarious, but who knows how many games he could sit behind Ward.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 19, 2015

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I think my three keepers will be Barrie ($20->$24), Wheeler ($32->$38), and Simmonds ($28->$34). I just have no idea who the fourth player will be. I may just take Wideman because he costs nothing.

Also, costs go up 20%, correct?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am joining a league where you select one player from a group of five, so that you end up with 18 forwards, 9 defenseman, and 4 goalies. The catch? The scoring is wonky, and I managed to exploit it to end up in 3rd place last year: 2 points for a goal (opposed to 1 for an assist), and you get 2 extra points if its a SHG, and an extra point if its either a PP goal or shootout winning goal. You also get three extra points if your player scores a hat trick. Last year, I was able to pick most of the players with relative ease, but this year, the groupings are slightly more difficult. I NEED YOUR HELP!

I am having difficulty with the following groups:
Backes, Iginla, Jagr, Hossa, and Lucic
Stepan, Backstrom, Forsberg, Nugent-Hopkins, and MacKinnon
Getzlaf, Giroux, Pacioretty, Vrbata, and Nash

I am thinking of going Backes, Forsberg, and Getzlaf, but I am also considering a few other options. Should I explain (yes!)? While Backes seems like the easy choice, I am also considering Hossa and Iginla, two old dudes who can still light it up. My buddy suggests that I pick Hossa because I already took Tarasenko, and I should diversify my picks. While I am thinking of Forsberg, MacKinnon intrigues me, and even though he had a down year, I am heavily considering going for him (again, I took Duchene earlier, so my buddy thinks I should go with Forsberg). Finally, I tossed a coin between Getzlaf and Giroux, but Pacioretty's goal totals seem to good to pass up.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
For HHL, I will keep

Johnny Boychuk - $2 (his price is showing as higher but he was dropped and I got him as an FA)
Nick Bjugstad - $2
Frederik Andersen - $36

remaining keeper TBD

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

I am joining a league where you select one player from a group of five, so that you end up with 18 forwards, 9 defenseman, and 4 goalies. The catch? The scoring is wonky, and I managed to exploit it to end up in 3rd place last year: 2 points for a goal (opposed to 1 for an assist), and you get 2 extra points if its a SHG, and an extra point if its either a PP goal or shootout winning goal. You also get three extra points if your player scores a hat trick. Last year, I was able to pick most of the players with relative ease, but this year, the groupings are slightly more difficult. I NEED YOUR HELP!

I am thinking of going Backes, Forsberg, and Getzlaf, but I am also considering a few other options. Should I explain (yes!)? While Backes seems like the easy choice, I am also considering Hossa and Iginla, two old dudes who can still light it up. My buddy suggests that I pick Hossa because I already took Tarasenko, and I should diversify my picks. While I am thinking of Forsberg, MacKinnon intrigues me, and even though he had a down year, I am heavily considering going for him (again, I took Duchene earlier, so my buddy thinks I should go with Forsberg). Finally, I tossed a coin between Getzlaf and Giroux, but Pacioretty's goal totals seem to good to pass up.

I'd go Backes, MacKinnon, and Pacioretty.

Backes scores about as much as Iginla and Iggy might fall off at any moment. Hossa hit 30 goals two years ago but prior to that he was mostly a mid 20's goal scorer apart from a year here or there. Lucic can't score and he's going to the Kings, and Jagr is more of a playmaker now.

Stepan, Backstrom, and Nuge aren't big goal scorers typically. Filip Forsberg is real good, but MacKinnon has I think a higher ceiling offensively.

Getzlaf and Giroux put up a ton of points but they're both likely to be mid 20s goal scorers, maybe low 30's at best. Patches is a lock for 30+ goals, as is Rick Nash, but Patches is younger which is why I'd lean him. Vrbata is old and on a poo poo team. I think given the focus on goals in this league you have to go with Pacioretty over Giroux or Getzlaf, unless you think the latter two are going to have huge seasons.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

My thinking was that while Patches can easily score around 35, his point totals are usually in the mid-60s. Getzlaf and Giroux both have the capability of putting up huge seasons, and I am wondering if the difference in points between Patches and Getzlaf/Giroux make up the difference in goals. Plus, Patches may not even be ready for the beginning of the season.

I am just glad I am not crazy for thinking of taking MacKinnon over Forsberg. I am not really reading much into his slump (even if I did take him in a few pools!).

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

toe knee hand posted:

For HHL, I will keep

Johnny Boychuk - $2 (his price is showing as higher but he was dropped and I got him as an FA)
Nick Bjugstad - $2
Frederik Andersen - $36

remaining keeper TBD

Gonna go ahead and scribble in

Anders Lee - $2

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I have also run into an issue of who to pick between Josi and Burns. I am unsure if Burns will be used as a forward again this year, which is why I am leaning towards Josi.

BarryMantlesnorks
Nov 14, 2005
Back in for LSL. I've been CruisinforABertuzzin since it started and I'm thinking of changing the name up. But it's still so so good.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

fancy stats posted:

Same. Those three glorious years of cheap Subban and Pacioretty spoiled me.

I'm in again as Bourque (I'll think of a new name at some point), because I don't spend enough time at work fiddling on Excel. Pretty slim pickings from last year, but I'm going to be keeping:

Boone Jenner: $5 - $6
Craig Smith: $1 - $2
Morgan Rielly: $7 - $9
Mika Zibanejad: $2 - $3

Waffled between Morgan Rielly and Eddie Lack. If history is any indication, goalie auctions could get hilarious, but who knows how many games he could sit behind Ward.

Wait, scratch that:

Boone Jenner: $5 - $6
Morgan Rielly: $7 - $9
Mika Zibanejad: $2 - $3
Brent Burns: $31 -> $38

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Do you guys (LSL) prefer team names staying the same for easy identification purposes or does it matter? I was Scooby Dubi Doo last year and Live Long and Prospal before that.

Kaiser Cortez
Sep 3, 2007

"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."

CBJSprague24 posted:

Do you guys (LSL) prefer team names staying the same for easy identification purposes or does it matter? I was Scooby Dubi Doo last year and Live Long and Prospal before that.

I doubt anybody cares. I certainly don't.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I actually prefer that people come up with newer, better puns.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Given that ownership turns over and that usually causes rebranding anyway, i certainly don't see a problem with it

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I do a new Devils pun in every league every year cause I roll deep

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

T-Bone posted:

I do a new Devils pun in every league every year cause I roll deep

Too bad you never got to use "Ryder Die"

This isn't very good, but I congratulated myself on coming up with that in a few seconds. Should have spent a few more minutes on the burner.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
my best is probably A Kinkaid Skeleton because a Devils Everquest pun is about as awesome/depressing as you can get

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
if you want to go depressing you draft a bunch of enforcers and call the team 'suicide squad'

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Anyone else play salary/cap leagues?

I've been messing with my picks, but I think it's a little too easy to assemble a monster team this year, assuming you believe in a few guys on entry level contracts

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
Two open spots still at LOLHL!

https://yho.com/nhl?l=41512&k=5b71b4cb76d8002b&ikey=90bf568ae73f72fc

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I've got two (possibly 3 if zeroodie isn't renewing) spots in the HHL. Please post your keepers if you haven't.

I've got two spots in the LSL.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
poo poo T-bones how much time do I have to post my HHL keepers?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Plenty of time. Draft isn't until October 4th.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

n/m

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 24, 2015

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Plenty of time. Draft isn't until October 4th.
Any decision on Karlsson yet? :v:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's fine with me if no one else objects.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I'm playing fantasy hockey for the first time in a 10-team league that uses H2H scoring for G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHG, GWG, SOG.

I bought and configured the draft kits for both Left Wing Lock and FantasyHockeyGeek for my league's settings but the rankings are coming out very differently, for example:
  • Dion Phanuef is #56 overall on FHG, #124 overall on LWL
  • Patrick Kane is #10 overall on LWL, #40 overall on FHG
Stat projections for 2015-16 seem to be in the same ballpark so I can't figure out which rankings to trust. It looks like FHG's rankings are more 'tailored' to my league's scoring than LWL are (LWL looks closer to generic player ranking lists on other sites), is my league's scoring different enough from standard to justify that?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Where do I find the previous prices for my buttheads?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
There's a dropdown that will go to last year. You can click on your team to see your final roster, and draft results to see what they went for.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

If I picked a player up from waivers, they only go up to $2 this year, correct?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

If I picked a player up from waivers, they only go up to $2 this year, correct?

Yeah unless there was a FAAB cost.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Daniel Sedin - 39 -> 47
Kyle Okposo - 2 -> 3
Antoine Roussel - 17 -> 20
Dustin Byfuglien - 58 -> 70

gently caress I can't figure out the 4th one because I really want buff, but I can't tell if he's 70 dollars good so I'm going to say big buff is pending.

Does anyone have an opinion on a 70 dollar Byfuglien?? I know we're against each other but help me please!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I think you could probably get Buff back in the auction for less than 70. Most people aren't going to go that high for a defenseman.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

On the other hand, Byfuglien is one of the best defensemen with our scoring. It might be a bit of an overpay, but you're probably not going to find another player with that much value relative to their position at that price point.

e: On the other, other hand, $70 is a huge section of your budget.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Ginette Reno posted:

I think you could probably get Buff back in the auction for less than 70. Most people aren't going to go that high for a defenseman.

They are now that I announced it!!!

fancy stats posted:

On the other hand, Byfuglien is one of the best defensemen with our scoring. It might be a bit of an overpay, but you're probably not going to find another player with that much value relative to their position at that price point.

D/RW is there any chance he plays wing this year?

• Locked thread