Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I've got 2 spots in the LSL and 3 spots in the HHL. Hit me up if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i'll take one of those LSL spots

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Pm me your yahoo email please.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I'll take a LSL spot as well, pm sent

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Thanks guys I'll send those invites out soon.

Ok the LSL is full. Who wants Supreme Nerd status in the HHL?

(also post your keepers please guys if you haven't)

(also where the gently caress are you zeroodie you're the defending champ and you literally posted in this thread renew dude)

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Hi - wife had a baby yesterday, been a little swamped sorry! Renewing - will post keepers soonish! Need to find my yahoo password to login, should be able to do that soon.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Keepers

My buddy: Bishop, Galchenyuk, Strome, and Hedman
Me: Barrie, Simmonds, Wheeler, and Wideman (why, man? I got rid of all my good keepers).

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Heatley's Hot Wheels Keepers:

Nikita Kucherov $1 -> $2
Michael Hutchinson $1 -> $2
Roman Josi $6 -> $8
Alex Killorn $1 -> $2

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 1, 2015

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
:siren: LOLHL Draft is next Monday Oct. 5! :siren:

One spot still available: https://yho.com/nhl?l=41512&k=5b71b4cb76d8002b&ikey=90bf568ae73f72fc league full!

waxluthor fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 29, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

rexelation posted:

:siren: LOLHL Draft is next Monday Oct. 5! :siren:

One spot still available: https://yho.com/nhl?l=41512&k=5b71b4cb76d8002b&ikey=90bf568ae73f72fc league full!

guess which team i am

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Diet Crack posted:

Heatley's Hot Wheels Keepers:

Nikita Kucherov $1 -> $2
Michael Hutchinson $1 -> $2
Roman Josi $6 -> $12
Alex Killorn $1 -> $2

Why did Josi double in price?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I need one more motherfucker for the HHL unless people dont post keepers soon then I may need multiple motherfuckers

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

This motherfucker keeps:

Oliver Ekman-Larson - 46 to 56
Cam Atkinson - 15 to 18
Ryan Murray - 7 to 9
Sean Monahan - 19 to 23

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Veskit posted:

Why did Josi double in price?

Wait, I'm a dumbass and thought it was double, not 20%...

Updated my original post.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Just waiting on keepers from zeroodie who apparently values his newborn child over our long running serious business hockey league.

I also need 1 more dude or we'll be forced to contract (!) down to 14 teams.

So someone please join :)

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Is the HHL draft really starting at 10PM?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
sorry in advance if the hurricane knocks out my power this weekend and I can't draft

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

mentholmoose posted:

Is the HHL draft really starting at 10PM?

Yeah, if it starts at 10PM, I'm gonna have to leave my fate in the hands of the computer.

Same goes for the LOLHL.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Just waiting on keepers from zeroodie who apparently values his newborn child over our long running serious business hockey league.

I also need 1 more dude or we'll be forced to contract (!) down to 14 teams.

So someone please join :)

Which league is this for? And is the draft tonight?

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Koopa Kid posted:

Which league is this for? And is the draft tonight?

HHL, draft is Sunday.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

10pm is fine for me. 4am is fine for me. I am always awake now!

(Sorrrrrry this is so late.)

Keepers:
Jaden Schwartz $31 -> $37
Andrew Ladd $33 -> $40
Devan Dubynk $6 -> $7
Carey Price $78 -> $94

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

toe knee hand posted:

HHL, draft is Sunday.

Ahh I'm busy Sunday night, otherwise I'd be in

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Prerank your poo poo there can be no excuses for not surrendering your body to ultranerdom

e: I can't really do earlier than 10 on Sunday...when do games start again, Wednesday? I could do earlier on Tuesday or something I guess although I'm a bit loathe to change it this late

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Games start Wednesday. I would prefer a 7/8P start time. Since the HHL drafts tend to go for three or so hours, and I have an early wake time, I just can't do anything later. If everyone else is fine with it, then keep the time (obviously), but I won't be able to make it.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
HHL isn't that long, is it? It's LSL that has the Never Ending Draft.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

iirc HHL takes forever because the auction draft timer starts at 30 seconds and counts down. When someone makes a new bid once it gets below 10 seconds, the timer goes back to 10 seconds. So, essentially, the first few rounds take a long time, because people let the counter run down to 1, then make a bid, which resets the clock, then someone else lets the counter run down to 1, then makes a bid, which resets the clock again (and repeat to infinity).

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I only remember that happening like, 4 or 5 times last year

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Well, I may have exaggerated with people continually letting it get down to 1 (usually it'll go down to 3-5 seconds as people consider placing another bid), but it definitely happens a lot in the first few rounds. Once the big boys are gone, there doesn't seem to be as much of a frenzy.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
LSL is Tuesday at 8EDT, right?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

Well, I may have exaggerated with people continually letting it get down to 1 (usually it'll go down to 3-5 seconds as people consider placing another bid), but it definitely happens a lot in the first few rounds. Once the big boys are gone, there doesn't seem to be as much of a frenzy.

Just do what I did the first year when I won. Show up, spend 90% of your cap on Stamkos and Malkin, and then go afk until it's down to 1 dollar bids.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Ginette Reno posted:

Just do what I did the first year when I won. Show up, spend 90% of your cap on Stamkos and Malkin, and then go afk until it's down to 1 dollar bids.

That actually worked?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Veskit posted:

That actually worked?

I'm exaggerating a little I didn't spend every last dime on those guys but yes. It was the first season so people were a little leery of spending a lot of money I guess since nobody was used to the format so I left the draft with (iirc), Malkin, Stamkos, and Lundqvist on my team. It didn't take too much doing to craft a reasonable team apart from those guys and do really well.

e: Just checked and I had Giroux too. Can't remember what I paid for him. I think I lucked out and got him relatively cheap and then he had his 90 point season. This was back in 2011.

ee: first seven picks that draft:

1. (7) Steven Stamkos
(TB - C)
$109
2. (8) Henrik Lundqvist
(NYR - G)
$100
3. (19) Evgeni Malkin
(Pit - C,RW)
$126
4. (35) Ryan Miller
(Van - G)
$74
5. (47) Jordan Staal
(Car - C,LW)
$29
6. (75) Claude Giroux
(Phi - C,RW)
$46
7. (199) Michael Grabner
(Tor - RW)
$5

after that I paid 1$ for everybody else :v:

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 2, 2015

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
HHL dudes if I can't find 1 more I'll probably go back down to a 6 team playoff (so 6/14 will make it).

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
do you care if it's not a goon? I can ask one of my buddies who has been looking for a (relatively) serious fantasy hockey league

also, has someone not joined yet? I count 14 people in the league

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
A non goon would be fine. Twin Cinema's buddy has been a good member of the league for like 3 seasons now I think.

And yeah it's at 14, but we were at 16 last year (I have one other person willing to join but I'm holding off on his invite until we have a 16th).

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I guess I'll do it. I didn't think I wanted to do more than one league but the auction sounds interesting.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
alright, I'll ask and get back to you asap

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ok, he'll play. I'll send you a PM with his email for the invite.

Do we have keepers finalized yet? I'll can send him a list of available keepers and ineligible keepers.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Well there's only spot...

so really wants it, who wants to bring the pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I vote for my friend

• Locked thread