Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Veskit posted:

When's the trade deadline in HHL? I may have to make some serious deals if they're at all possible.

March 3 (Thursday)

I put Ovechkin, Kessel, Krejci, Crawford, and Luongo on my trade block, but I'm actually open to trade just about anyone. I think Gaudreau is my only untouchable because I picked him off waivers last year and so his keeper cost is, like, $3.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I swear if someone had the patience they should just buy crosby/malkin/karrlson/stamkos for whatever cost, sit on them then trade them for the best keepers

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

fancy stats posted:

Haha, figured he'd be a good keeper option once his call up was announced. Luckily, my office is super lax when it comes to me loving around.

I am nervous about Barkov, though, I really liked him as a keeper.

But there are no keepers were I'm heading. :cool:

It's a first round exit. I am headed to a first round exit.

Keeping Nylander this year will depend on how well he finishes the season. I have been lugging around Bennett and Reinhart all season (well, I dropped Bennett for a month), and I really have no idea who I'd keep between those two. If Nylander can somehow make more of an impression, then I may lean towards him.

Barkov is my man, though. He's the guy I really wanted. I tried to draft him this year before bidding got too high for me.

As of right now, my keeper options (ranked by my desire to keep them): Barkov, Lehner, Allen (Lehner is $2 compared to Allen's $26), Barrie, Reinhart, Bennet, Nylander. I didn't include Simmonds because I think this is my last year I can keep him.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think I'm probably going to sit on Forsberg/Panarin, the upgrade to a true star is so minimal that they're really not worth moving.

Tyler Johnson is available though if anyone values him as a keeper.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I've still got Seguin and Crosby both available if somebody blows me away with an offer. I'm not sure there's a deal to be done though since trading them would definitely ruin any small chance I've got at the playoffs.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

Tyler Johnson is available though if anyone values him as a keeper.

how much is the cost to keeper him next year?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

I traded Hall and Toews for Barkov and Nylander. I was too slow in nabbing Nylander yesterday morning (stupid work!), but I figure I'd take a chance on him for two guys that I wasn't going to keep at the end of the year. Also, I am super high on Barkov.

Sorry to the dude who I offered Kane for Eichel. I didn't realize how expensive Eichel was when I first offered the deal, and I don't even know if I'd keep him next year for that price.

It's all good. I assumed you didn't notice how much I paid for him when you first offered that deal lol.

Honestly the only player I have that might be appealing to a tanking team and that I'm open to moving is Ehlers. I picked him up off waivers at the start so he's just a 1$. Might be a good keeper for a tank team. If any such team is interested in trading me a good scorer for him, I am open to offers.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 2, 2016

genki
Nov 12, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

I traded Hall and Toews for Barkov and Nylander. I was too slow in nabbing Nylander yesterday morning (stupid work!), but I figure I'd take a chance on him for two guys that I wasn't going to keep at the end of the year. Also, I am super high on Barkov.

Sorry to the dude who I offered Kane for Eichel. I didn't realize how expensive Eichel was when I first offered the deal, and I don't even know if I'd keep him next year for that price.
I made a post complaining about this trade, then remembered the keeper rules at the end of the post, then now that I look at the thread it was actually the keeper thing I thought it was. Haha.

We need to make a capgeek site for HHL so we know who picked up when in what season and then we can see who might be available for playoff runs... heh.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Yeah, at first glance it's kind of ridiculous, but there's no chance I'm keeping Toews or Hall at 91 and 71, so I'm just going full Sather.

Keeping track of all of this is kind of a pain in the rear end, and basically involves me switching between looking up historical drafts in the league and trying to find previous years' fantasy hockey threads.

e: If anyone else is looking forward to next season already, I've still got something of a future I'm looking to stamp out.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 2, 2016

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
My HHL team is eerily like my HHL team last year: high in the standings but I don't feel it deserves to be there.

So maybe, maybe, I would sell. Lundqvist, Patches, Sharp, Hornqvist available, I guess.

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 2, 2016

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Alright, I need HHL trade advice. I'm leaning towards accepting but I'd like a second opinion. I'm at the point where I'm definitely selling for next season.

I would give up:
Sidney Crosby: $121 -> $146
Nathan Mackinnon: $62 -> $75

And get in return from Veskit:
Ryan O'Reilly: $42 -> $51
Brad Marchand: $21 -> $26

Both O'Reilly and Marchand were drafted this year, and I very much doubt I would keep Crosby or Mackinnon. My other two keepers would likely be Tarasenko ($36 -> $44) and Mark Stone ($2 -> $3).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

how much is the cost to keeper him next year?

$18-> $22 but he's only got 1 year left.

mentholmoose posted:

Alright, I need HHL trade advice. I'm leaning towards accepting but I'd like a second opinion. I'm at the point where I'm definitely selling for next season.

I would give up:
Sidney Crosby: $121 -> $146
Nathan Mackinnon: $62 -> $75

And get in return from Veskit:
Ryan O'Reilly: $42 -> $51
Brad Marchand: $21 -> $26

Both O'Reilly and Marchand were drafted this year, and I very much doubt I would keep Crosby or Mackinnon. My other two keepers would likely be Tarasenko ($36 -> $44) and Mark Stone ($2 -> $3).

Seems reasonable to me. Got any other offers?

So I lied and ended up moving Forsberg after all when Crawford was dangled. Forsberg/Johnson/Varlamov for Ovi/Ekblad/Crawford. I actually would have probably kept Johnson but he's the worst forward on my roster right now (although he appears to be heating up) because of his pure C eligibility and lack of other counting (and I was already running an empty D spot so Ekblad solves that).

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 2, 2016

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah I thought you might go for Crow. His stats are just too good and your goaltending needed some help. Plus Ovechkin, obviously. Ekblad is only $14 > $16 (17 if you round up) if you feel like keeping him, as well.

I think the trade makes my team a real contender next year. I'll have a ton of money at the draft and a solid group of keepers.
Gaudreau $6 > $7 (8 if we round up) - year 3 of 3
Forsberg $3 > $4 - year 2 of 3
Hellebuyck $1 > $2 - year 2 of 3

and then for my fourth spot I can either do:
Palat $3 > $4 - year 3 of 3
Johnson $18 >$22 - year 3 of 3

Palat/Johnson decision will depend on how they do down the stretch/in the playoffs, but at max I'm looking at spending $35 on keepers and potentially as low as $17.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah your team is going to be really good next year. I'm not sure who I end up keeping now, I've got Panarin but everyone else is pretty expensive. But gently caress I've already finished 2nd twice gotta go for it.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

T-Bone posted:

Seems reasonable to me. Got any other offers?

Not right now, so I figure I'll accept. The only other offer I even got was from you, and I just did not want Tyler Johnson.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

If someone could remind me of the keeper rules in HHL, that would be great. I believe you can keep a player for 4 years, which means I have Wayne Simmonds next year (I first drafted him before the 2012-13 season), correct?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

quote:

You may keep (4) players from last year's FINAL roster. If you have kept a player for (3) straight years you cannot keep him again (as in, they've been on your roster for 3 seasons). The keeper cost continues to be their cost from last year + 20%

The wording is dumb I should probably rewrite that. Essentially you can have a player for 3 seasons. The season in which you pick them up + 2.

e: I don't even remember how we've been doing trades. I think the years on the previous team count but if that's wrong feel free to correct me.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 2, 2016

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Thank you kindly, sir.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Everyone look over my lovely team (Hull & Oates) and pick the scraps. Everyone's for sale except Mrazek. There's not much there, but hell, I'll give up 2-3 pieces for a decent keeper!

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

T-Bone posted:

The wording is dumb I should probably rewrite that. Essentially you can have a player for 3 seasons. The season in which you pick them up + 2.

e: I don't even remember how we've been doing trades. I think the years on the previous team count but if that's wrong feel free to correct me.

Years previous did we had the seguin debacle over it. If the years didn't then you could perpetually trade 5 dollar players.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

Well the wording is "if they've been on your roster for 3 seasons" so if you acquire a keeper via trade that should be year 1 of them being on your roster. I'm obviously biased here because I want Forsberg for as long as possible though. I'm fine with the rule being that a player can only be kept (ie, not eligible for the draft) 3 years in a row regardless of how many teams own them over that time span if that's what the majority of the league wants.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Oh PS my friend who isn't a goon in HHL (Richards Medications) said he'd be open to flipping Malkin for keepers. As far as I can tell the only definite keepers he has on his roster are Gostisbehere and Kuznetsov at the moment.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm fine with the rule being that a player can only be kept (ie, not eligible for the draft) 3 years in a row regardless of how many teams own them over that time span if that's what the majority of the league wants.

I think that's what I'd prefer, because certain players would never re-enter the draft otherwise.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

The rule has been kept for three years regardless of trades, hence the Seguin drama an offseason or two ago.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Holy poo poo on the same day 5 of us decided to sell the farm how did this never happen in HHL until now?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Veskit posted:

Holy poo poo on the same day 5 of us decided to sell the farm how did this never happen in HHL until now?

We're all going full Glen Sather

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Veskit posted:

I wasn't planning on it but I'm not convinced Draisaitl is legit so it was a hard one to turn down.

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 3, 2016

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Really if you're a bad team you should be auctioning off your best players that you aren't going to keeper. So there should be a flurry of trades every year.

If you're a contending team you have to think about whether or not you want to sacrifice the future but if you're a bad team there should be no question you trade anything not bolted down for futures.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

toe knee hand posted:

I wasn't planning on it but I'm not convinced Draisaitl is legit so it was a hard one to turn down.

I thought that was a really nice trade for both of you. Malkin obviously helps you contend now, other guy is a basement team but has Draisaitl, Kuznetsov, and Gostisbehere for next season.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

I missed all the fun!!!!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
With the deadline tomorrow in my keeper league, I managed to trade:

Backes (5), Monahan (8), Palmieri (15), Burakovsky (15), Vatanen (10), Demers (15), Dumba (15), and Vasilevskiy (18)

from my already first place by 50+ points team, for:

MacKinnon (3), Karlsson (2), Ekman-Larsson (7), Dubinsky (11), Couturier (15), Niskanen (15), and Hellebuyck (15)
*parenthesis are current round values (25 rd. draft)

Simmonds-Bergeron-Giroux
Pavelski-Spezza-MacKinnon
Larkin-Johansen-Jagr
Hartnell-Dubinsky-Perron
Couturier / Miller / Rask

Karlsson-OEL
Suter-Niskanen
Russell-Green

Crawford
Gibson
Lehner
Neuvirth
Hellebuyck[NA]

get in

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Man, when I said, "I think I'm going for it," I didn't realize you'd all jump in too.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

You try relying on an injured Ryan O'Reilly to get you through the championship

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I'm pretty stoked for next year now that I have Barkov and Domi, and that I can pick two players from a group that includes Lehner, Vasilevskiy, Bennett, Reinhart, and Nylander.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Okay, opening a goddamn can of worms here, my trade with Hull and Oates (MagicCube?), if it goes through, has a clause to it:

He'll get to choose a player for me to draft next year (chosen before/during) costing up to $40 that I'll trade to him after the fact. I'm toxxing myself to this? Can I do that?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Do you know how hard I would have bought the ultimate team for using next years money and just ran bone dry cause gently caress it won so hard?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fancy stats posted:

Okay, opening a goddamn can of worms here, my trade with Hull and Oates (MagicCube?), if it goes through, has a clause to it:

He'll get to choose a player for me to draft next year (chosen before/during) costing up to $40 that I'll trade to him after the fact. I'm toxxing myself to this? Can I do that?

Uhhh -- I dont know. Up to you guys, I guess. I can technically just edit the cap I believe preseason to literally give him the $40 (and you $40 less).

If we end up allowing trading cap space I'd probably want to put a cap on it at a certain number (probably $50-$100).

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
We discussed trading future cap dollars last season but there was no announcement that it was going to be officially implemented so I assumed it wasn't. So to keep it fair, I think I agree with Veskit. (but I'd support officially adding that option starting next year)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
That seems reasonable to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'd be ok with being able to trade cash for the next season as well. Definitely agree with a hard limit for how much extra cash you can have/how much you can sell. Maybe $50 in either direction? That way everyone theoretically ranges between $450-$550. I think that's a big enough gap to give the top teams an advantage, maybe an extra top tier player, but not a large enough difference to completely crater any sort of parity we have.

• Locked thread