Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
What is the deal with every pundit raving about Folau. I get it, he's good, and he's good without being a oval office. But is he actually the "MOST EXCITING PLAYER / BACK IN RUGBY"? Surely there are more promising contenders? I for one am excited to see Mulder-Scully get more time in a black jersey, the touches he showed in both Bledisloe games outshone whatever Folau had on offer, intercept or not. Nadolo has a huge chance to shine in the group of death AND HE KICK GOALS. Jesse Kriel is surely knocking on the door of a great career, nevermind if Pollard decides that this is his time to shine. There must be plenty of others too, I know I'm ignorant to more of the non RC teams. I know Folau is good, and I even like him (weird), I just can't believe that he is THE MOST EXCITING BACK IN RUGBY RIGHT NOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
and finished higher then the All Blacks in 2007!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
We (NZ) don't deserve to win playing like this

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Two tries bombed now. Bad

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Argentina's defense has been amazing. I'm guessing they don't have a short turn-around after this match. I hope not for their bodies.

slothrop fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 20, 2015

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I've been reading a bit of reaction to the AB's - Argentina game and it all seems a little off to me. The Pommie press is banging on about how it was very nearly an upset of Japan - South Africa levels but I think that's being very unkind to the Argies. Coming into their match, Japan were ranked 13th, South Africa 3rd. Japan had not won a RWC match since 1991 and then against Zimbabwe. That's 24 years without a win and then they topple the 3rd ranked team, who coming into the event were tipped as a good chance to be finalists (and still could yet).

Meanwhile Argentina are ranked 8th and have beaten the Bokke at home this year, no mean feat that. Never mind they've regularly made the Quarter Finals, and even the Semis, have one of the best front rows in the world and plenty of other outstanding players. I'm not denying it would have been an upset if they had beaten the AB's, seeing as they have never done so in the past, but to put it in the same league as the Japan upset I think is a little spurious. I can really see Argentina going on to do well in this Cup, they have great defense and look like they have the ability to score points too.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm not sure how the tables work out but I'd love to see England go down to Argentina

edit: or Japan

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Scotland are BOOOOOORING. Go Japan

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
YAAAAAAYYYYYY

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Japan a man down and look far better on attack than Scotland

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Why didn't he go for the pads on the post??!!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
loving awesome defense. Well done

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Do Scotland tire after 60+ minutes? Does Japan have the conditioning to be running those moves late in the game? because if they do, they are sure to score tries

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
That clear out was a bit average, is it potentially dangerous? it certainly looks it

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
How good is Mafi?!

edit. Oh boo :(

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sure there was a forward and an in touch there

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is the least offensive Northern Hemisphere commentating I've ever heard. Sad no points for Japan

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
ahhh BOOOOOOOOO

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
who has more foreign born players? Scotland or Japan?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
how was that not a card?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
dumb

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Japanese make better whisky and beer anyways it's not true, but close anyways

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

rejutka posted:

Their whiskey smells like liniment. :confused:

Japan or Scotland? I don't actually know what liniment is? I have tried a bunch of Japanese whisky and a lot of Scotch (it's part of my job) Yamazaki 18 is still one of my all time favourite whiskies. I'd prefer some of the Hakushu expressions to the insipid 40% chill-filtered poo poo put out by big distilleries on Islay too.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
How the gently caress do these Scottish cunts (who mostly aren't Scottish) get a home game? Not so long ago they wanted independence.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Yep. Ten days until their USA game and eight after that until Samoa. Let's hope they're more competitive for those ones.

Lets hope the Bokke get angry vs Scotland and post a cricket score against them.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm so excited the stream I have found for Cunts V Fiji has USA commentary

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I think Folau would have to be one of the few players in the RWC capable of defusing Nadolo's aerial game. Might make a big difference tonight

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Fiji can scrum!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Crowd loves Fiji. Rightly so

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Oh wow no poo poo. That is a ballsy move

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can't hate Pocock, especially after he exposed the Waratahs for being the homophobic cunts they are

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

rejutka posted:

Jesus, my DL record is 140kg. That's an ungodly weight to be mobile and running around and poo poo.

Also he kicks goals and penalties

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Foxtrot_13 posted:

So is the Aussie scrum that poo poo that they make the Fajians look good are are the Fajians that good that they can stop the Aussies cold?

FIJIAN. JESUS gently caress LOOK FOR THE RED LINES

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Fiji are so close to being amazing, imagine if they had the budget of Italy. Or the regular international games. Imagine if we had a 6 nations down under.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
SCORES!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jackson is the worst Kiwi export since Russell Crowe/Quade Cooper/Robbie Deans/Crowded House

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Fiji did not look like scoring. Ever. I joked that pass it to Nadolo was the plan, but that was their plan. They knew they had this short gap, it is poo poo, but this is the group of death for a reason.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I feel for Fiji. Imagine if they were swapped for Tonga. You'd say they have a good chance of upsetting Argentina and getting through. Or that pool that has France and Italy. Yeah, put them in that one.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah I'd love Samoa to hit them hard and win but in my heart or hearts I know the Bokke are going to respond to the last game, they've had long enough to stew on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Also BOO Canada, seems like that game was there for the winning and they muffed it