Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

dex_sda posted:

Japan got the short end of the stick here, let's face it

Yep. Ten days until their USA game and eight after that until Samoa. Let's hope they're more competitive for those ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Unimpressed posted:

Mate, the NRL are taking it to a whole new level. They're introducing, starting next season, a TMO bunker that will provide expert TMO services to all the games centrally.

Completely different sport, but they already do this in the NHL in the US/Canada. However, the big difference is that only very few situations are allowed to be reviewed by the TMO in hockey - they go with the on-ice calls most of the time.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

I guess this is the right thread for it, but Japan finally has a name for their Super Rugby team, the Sunwolves. Thoughts?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/72724796/japanese-super-rugby-team-to-be-called-the-sunwolves

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Not that I know of. No coach either as far as I can tell.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

goatface posted:

Japanese teams pay loads, don't they? I imagine a French team would need to throw an awful lot of money if that's all they can offer.

Kind of beaten, but yeah, they do. However, it's important to remember that Top League teams are directly owned but massive corporations with very deep pockets. I don't know what the ownership situation is like with the Sunwolves, but it could be quite different so there might not be as much money available.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Well that was a lovely way to wake up

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

I'd put Mealamu and maybe Woodcock on that list too. Even though they just retired both played in the World Cup.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Brumbies v Hurricanes I believe

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Nah, I agree with the other posters (and I'm a Kiwi myself).

Often the only difference between "pushing the boundaries" and cheating is whether or not you get caught. Richie was really good at doing that and I think it's hilarious how so many Kiwis get super, super defensive about him.

To be fair, as others have said that kind of thing is an essential skill for any kind of high level sport.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Spamtheman posted:

CJ Stander was also tireless. Anyone catch the Chiefs vs Highlanders? That was more rain than some countries get in a year.

Yeah, I saw the Chiefs-Hurricanes game. I thought it was pretty loose, no-one could really get much going, but it was still a good game in the end

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

gently caress I wish I was in Tokyo now.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

The Rabbi T. White posted:

You could be drowning in Japanese tail.

Nah, I've got Japanese pussy on tap already.

Seriously though, the atmosphere at the game would have been awesome.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

I saw Steve Hanson with his kids at a mall in Christchurch once, but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

I got the USA as my team in my work's RWC pool (decided by random draw). I don't think I'll be winning.