Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
This is amazing mate, great job.

Spot on with the Scotland part too ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Destroyenator posted:

As a Force supporter who's terrible at following rugby news, this OP was the first I heard that Cummins isn't playing. I mean I had read the squad list but I just missed that he wasn't there. He didn't do much this season but still, what a shame.

Hopefully it means someone will let him into their commentary team and we can get more great Honey Badger quotes.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

The greatest Rugby commentary team will forever be the time Eddie Butler fell ill during the game, and had to be replaced with Jonathan Davies and Shane Williams talking to each other for 80 minutes about how neither of them understood how a scrum worked, and couldn't keep track of who was currently winning the game.

Wasn't that Andrew Cotter during the Wales - Italy game, who was incredibly sick and Jonathan Davies just sounds bemused and disappointed in him?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Just finished watching the Pacific Warriors documentary about Samoa, Fiji and Tonga's relationship with rugby and how they play. Really good and I highly recommend folks watch it. Almost makes me want to see Samoa win the group :)

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Apollodorus posted:

Where could one watch it?

I'm in the US but my computer can be in London, if it's on UK Netflix.

I rented it on Amazon video so you should be able to get it there, not sure about Netflix though.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Joined!

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

It only lets you pick 3 Scotland Players, how will you ever choose?

It'll be tough but I think Sean Lamont is in for player of the tournament.

edit: Why would anyone think that pissing off the All Blacks is a good idea? Anger just makes them stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlHS_Mn7nWE

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 16, 2015

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

I was really hoping no one would post this. The shame! :negative:

I'm so sorry buddy :smith:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I'm in the fantasy League also, went balls out and tried not to make too many safe picks, exciting!

Side bet on how long before Healy gets carded? I'd have offered Big Jim but he decided to throw in the towel.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I need a new av so I'm definitely up for some side bets!

:toxx:

I'm happy to get a new AV if Scotland get a guy binned before Ireland do. I reckon it's probably 50/50 between WP Nel and Healy :)

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Priestland's dream has not been cancelled.

Rejoice!

PS: Are we allowed to laugh at him or is that still a mean thing to do to poor old Rhys?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

I hope Dylan Hartley and Danny Cipriani have been relegated to performing the "morris dancing or some poo poo".

Congratulations to Swan Curry and Aramoro for having the only avatars of players actually playing in this world cup :neckbeard:

Strokosch is playing. gently caress knows how but he is in the squad.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 18, 2015

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

goatface posted:

He'll just ask his cousin-in-law to hook him up. Tindall's bound to be there.

Look for small people being thrown into the air and he's probably near.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

We've not reached peak Inverdale yet but he'll put Moore to the test. Is Stuart Barnes anywhere near this or did he finally choke to death on Sam Burgess' dick?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

So any bets on what minute we see Anthony Watson die when he tries to tackle Nadolo?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

New drinking game: Drink every time Nakarawa does an offload with the ball in one hand.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 18, 2015

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

1966 AND BOBBY MOORE MENTIONED. WE HAVE REACHED PEAK ENGLAND!

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

So the take away here so far is that Fiji are their own worst enemies and England can't create any chances themselves?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

butros posted:

I work in a cube in Manhattan.

Close enough.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

The least convincing 5 point win of all time.

Australia is not going to give a gently caress about England if they don't get their poo poo together.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Bacon rolls and irn bru for me. Looking forward to a load of forwards kicking the living piss out of each other with this match.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Gorgodzilla is a terrifying man.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

rejutka posted:

...To what end? Did they buy up the local taxi services or something?

Any rail service, no matter where in the UK, is contractually obliged to be loving terrible at the worst possible time.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Sad times. That was a nice wee move.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Sad times that mashing the ball into the ground with your face doesn't count.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Can we just have Geech and BOD commentate for the rest of the tournament? They always seem like nice blokes.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Hope DTH has a good game for Canada today.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Cudmore has clearly learned how to get carded from his playing time with Nathan Hines.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

goatface posted:

Earls bounced off one and then they just looked at him. You have to follow that poo poo up.

His brain couldn't comprehend why someone had hit him and he wasn't sitting on his arse.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Oh Canada :smith:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Canada are half way decent but Ireland are playing like the second or third best team in the world at the moment so they're just getting pumped.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vaders Jester POC just won you an avatar.

Wouldn't have picked paulie but there's a certain something about him and Cudmore both being carded in the same game

:toot: Didn't think it'd be POC but Healy wasn't on the pitch so I suppose he had to step up.

Cudmore needs to up his game and get himself red carded, none of this half measure nonsense. ;)

edit: Though I think the :toxx: was if Scotland got carded first.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 19, 2015

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Get in DTH! :dance:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Bharatrocity posted:

For some reason I get to stream the entire World Cup for free in Norway, so I'll try and get into it. Who are the underdoggiest?

E: Georgia seems good

Probably Namibia or Uruguay but Georgia are a good side to cheer on.

edit: The Japanese anthem is pretty epic, sounds like a film score.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 19, 2015

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Japan looking pretty solid at the breakdown. Someone didn't tell Japan that they're meant to get hammered this match.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Japan's achilles heel was always the drop off from the 65th minute. If they've improved their cardio in the build up, they're going to be really dangerous.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

The only positive is that at least Scotland won't play Japan expecting them to roll over for them. The Boks have clearly not prepared for this game and are paying for it.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

If Japan win, does Meyer quit immediately?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

So how many are getting Japan AVs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Nothing better than watching Japan beat South Africa while at work with me and my boss going mental when they scored the final try.