Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Fair call by the TMO. Questionable if it had been properly grounded.

Ahhh I would have called that a try. Tough luck for Wales. Tmo said England touched it first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Oh Wales! Great tackle by Underhill. Anscombe at 10 has been playing really well, he's making things happen so far.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Sets up an interesting final 3 mins but I don't see Wales scoring a try.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Did anyone tell France you don't have to take penalties?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Scotland shouldn't have hosed up against Wales or they would be in an amazing spot.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Scotland is killing themselves with inaccuracy

Jesus just make the pass

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

If England make any lasting changes off the back of this tournament then surely it'll be the balance of their back row. Looking at this 6Nations you'd have to say the likes of Watson, Navidi, Camara and Leavy have all showed what an old fashioned fetcher at 7 can do for a team.

England just doesn't have that player for whatever reason. It's not Robshaw's fault, I think he played a good game again today but his team just won't come with him.

England doesn't have a 'pure 7', but they also don't have a real grinding 6, past their best 8 they have no depth, and their chosen 1 and 3 are exhausted and don't do much.

It's really weird to me that England shuffles their players in a weird way because everyone is missing core skills or game-breaking ability. 7 shifts to 6, 6 to 5, 13 to 12, 12 to 10, they're playing a 15 at 14 but 15 for this game with another 15 at 14, it's just weird.

They aren't bad but Ireland have passed them for sure as the best NH team.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Conway with one of the tries of the tournament to take the lead in the 76th minute against Toulon.

That was an incredible try. What a game.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Sharks vs Hurricanes and Chiefs vs Blues were really good games this week. Super rugby has weird dynamics with the amount of bad teams but the top end is super exciting this year.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Try by Germishuys! USA leads Scotland 30-24 with 20 minutes to go. This is a fun game

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Vaders Jester posted:

If a scrumhalf drives your 8 backwards 10 metres in a tackle, you've got some serious problems.

Yep...that's probably it for Hughes as an international.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

I take it back, gently caress watching Leinster win at the death on their way to another title. Unlucky blues :smith:

And with an almost total younger second team side too. That was a good game.

I'm loving the season opener weekend for NH clubs. I subscribed to RugbyPass with a VPN and am enjoying watching Exeter beat up on Leicester.

Edit: and as I post, Slade had a beauty run and offload for a try. He may not translate to international level but he is fantastic at club level.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
NZ vs SA was another classic. Their two matches this year were incredible. I watched with some South Africans today, just a heartbreaker for them but NZ was so clinical in those final moments. I thought they were done.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Vaders Jester posted:

So Cheika's gone after this, right?

He has to be. Even if there's a miracle comeback, it's not anywhere near good enough. This team is a shambles.

Argentina has shown a coaching change can transform a team.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Well they had the miracle comeback

What a tournament.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Really happy for Fiji, that center combo was awesome

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

It's also clear England researched the poo poo out of Ireland and tailored a game plan to negate Ireland's approach.

And you know Hansen is furiously taking notes as we speak.

Yeah, Ireland couldn't get anything going on attack. In tight the blitz shut them down, out wide there was always cover, and England's backfield positioning must have been strong because a kick through never looked like a good option.

England also did a great job slowing down the rucks and lying on the ball to slow it down. They got punished in the first quarter but not after that.

Rugby is weird, how can these teams be so variable in performance all the time. Balance is clearly critical and adding one or two pieces at the international level can be all you need.

English players being exhausted after the lion's tour also probably played a major factor in their 2018 performance.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Good description Vagabundo.

The42.ie has two good articles analyzing England's kicking and attack in general - strong analysis of Ireland's poor backfield positioning and England's understanding of manipulating space.

https://www.the42.ie/analysis-england-kick-ireland-schmidt-4474432-Feb2019/
https://www.the42.ie/analysis-ireland-england-opening-minutes-4474219-Feb2019/

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
jesus now a penalty try

how did france beat england last year, wtf

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
What a shitshow, it's so embarassing to watch all these morons

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
31-24 with 21 minutes to go...

31-31 with the intercept! holy poo poo!!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Wow! What a pass from Russell

Amazing

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Me oh my, yes I have enjoyed that, boy!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Exeter leading Saracens by 13 with 20 mins to go

Sam Skinner had a lot of work to do to get that type for Slade, really impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Welp, that's why it's an 80 minute game. I feel bad for Exeter but they just couldn't hold it

Well done Saracens