Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Spectacular OP, Tyma.

Question for the ABs fans - who do you think the best haka leader of all time is? I gotta go with Buck. '89 vs Ireland was a classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Smirr posted:

The All Blacks seem rather, uh, spirited. Like, I'd be worried they're gonna tear a frenchman apart if they hadn't already done so, apparently

Well apparently the sight of Retallick bearing down on him caused Michalak's hamstring to spontaneously combust. That said if I had Retallick charging at me I'd probably fold up too.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

WMain00 posted:

He missed. How the gently caress do you miss from there?

Calling it now, France to lose by 2.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Smirr posted:

WHAT A PASS

loving hell. SBW should take notes on that one.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Tyma posted:

Hoooly poo poo, Savea.

loving hell I'm surprised Nakitaci is still alive after that one.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

France are giving this a proper go.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Mother of God :stare:

loving hell. Even the substitute prop is getting in on the offload action.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

That was the fastest I've seen Nonu run in a while.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

:frogout:

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Wonder what Hansen said at halftime - whatever it was, I think it must've worked.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

julian assflange posted:

What did Habana do?

I thought I saw a deliberate hand in the ruck as Smith was trying to pass it (about 2 meters out in front of the posts). Not sure if that was the infraction though.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I dunno. That last one was pretty loving good.

Yeah agreed. Based on how much the Bokke back their scrum, I'd say the ABs actually won that battle.

fe: holy poo poo FdP has an egg growing on his cheekbone. No wonder he didn't seem quite his usual self.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Beale is trying to figure out what happened there because he didn't get anywhere close to Nonu.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

How can a TMO, with all the time he needs and at least four different camera angles make an incorrect decision? Highlanders just got robbed of a try there.

e: referring to the Fekitoa grounding, not the Smith-Dixon pass - that was clearly forward.

e2: I'm pretty sure Nisbo is getting senile. He just got the score completely backward and held that idea for five solid minutes.

Thel fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 5, 2016

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Welp. Willie le Roux must be made of a combination of play-doh and carbon steel.

(Jason Emery just cleaned him out in the air, le Roux came down from about six feet up to land on the back of his neck. Red card for Emery - totally agree with that, even as a Highlanders fan. Just glad that le Roux is walking under his own power, legit thought we were looking at a broken neck.)

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I honestly don't agree with the card. It was a very unpleasant situation, but Emery didn't have a choice - he went up for the ball, le Roux lifted his legs towards him... he either did that, or took knees / boots to the face.
The rest of the reffing has been atrocious, as well.

Disagree. Emery realised he wasn't going to win the ball, attempted to bail out, and basically undercut le Roux. (If you look at the contact, it's Emery's shoulder to le Roux's rear end.)

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

I agree with the card, and I don't think O'Keefe really had any other option other than a straight red. It didn't look intentional at all though.

Yeah Emery didn't *intend* to do that, he just got it all arse-about-kite, resulting in le Roux landing all arse-about-kite. And yeah, opposing player up for the ball + contact + not challenging for the ball => referee going to the pocket every time. That plus the fact the contact completely upended the opponent => red.

Also every time I watch that replay I'm more and more confused as to how le Roux isn't tetraplegic right now. That's like a textbook case of "how to break your neck". Dude must have the trapezius muscles of Zeus.

Vagabundo posted:

This, on the other hand? gently caress him. When Eddie Jones was talking about some England players having the wrong attitude, I wonder if Marler was one of the players he was referring to?

What a fuckwit. Seriously, does he have two brain cells to rub together? I can't believe O'Shea trying to say it's not red card worthy - he deliberately made contact with the head of a prone player. Doesn't really matter if Marler is too incompetent to actually kick Heguy properly, the mere act of deliberately doing that should be a red card (and hopefully a long suspension, more likely he'll get a slap on the wrist though).

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

There are some ridiculous forward passes being missed in this Highlanders/Hurricanes match.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Biggar never really had a hope of stopping Naholo there, but he shot himself in the foot by staying high when Naholo was at knee height.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

So uh that certainly was a decision just then. How the hell did the TMO decide that *wasn't* knocked forward?

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

butros posted:

"A potential try isn't the only thing Wallabies halfback Nick Phipps threw away on Saturday night."

That's just great journalism.

Well y'know, it's Stuff, even they have enough wits to take the piss out of Australian rugby. Can't hit any harder targets, mind.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Lacklustre Hero posted:

Wow what a loving cowardly call

When even the Sky NZ commentators agree that the call (that benefits the ABs) is bad, then you know it's real bad.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the referee's room post-match when Owens and Veldsman start talking. Owens will have some feedback for Veldsman, methinks.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

God drat. Aaron Smith's 'stache is terrifying.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

That drop goal. Daamn. I'm not even mad. If you can hit a droppie from 35 meters out while running at a 90° angle to the way you're kicking, then that's a deserved 3-pointer.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Plucky Brit posted:

First red NZ have received in the professional game, if I'm not mistaken.

Last all black red card was 19647.

Nineteen sixty fourseven.

e: thanks Vagabundo

Thel fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 1, 2017

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Also, interesting call by Hansen to take off a flanker for a replacement midfielder. I would've thought on a proper Wellington day like this (i.e. pissing rain sideways), winning the forward battle would be more important. Especially since Gatland hasn't gone with his usual wrecking-ball midfield combination ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

bessantj posted:

I've seen a few people calling Folau's possible firing religious persecution.

He's not being fired for his beliefs. He's being fired for being a spectacular douchebag.

Granted, you could make a case that a lot of other rugby players should also be fired under those criteria, I guess.

PS: Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences of your actions, and in any case any professional sportsman's contract has (or should have) clauses dealing with unprofessional behaviour.