Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Oh lame I was expecting a Friday night game. I'm falling apart for the lack of rugby here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Will be in Edinburgh for the Australia v Scotland match actually. Any recommendations for places I could watch it around the city?

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
The street names are the highlights for me. Cheers for the list though Vaders. I'll be wearing an old school wallabies Jersey if I rock up to where you're going.

Also gently caress Quade cooper even getting on the bench

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Mr Chips posted:

Australia have already played two good games in a row, their normal routine is a good game then a terrible game. I wouldn't be surprised if Scotland Japan Australia.

Na na na na can't hear you na na na na

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Yeah don't think France are recovering from this one. NZ are looking the best they've been so far

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Argentina are looking deadly as hell. Ireland managed to crawl back a bit but I'm not sure they'll be able to keep it up

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
So Australia played like poo poo and didn't deserve to win but did. I just hope to god they actually turn up to play good rugby against Argentina

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Terrible yellow card by the way. Did not deserve it. I had almost forgotten about it but it crawled back into memory as I remembered how badly Aus played. I'm so sorry Scotland.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
1. Australia
2. Whoever is playing England or South Africa*
3. Pumas or All Blacks (SH supremacy!)
4. Who cares after this point

*not applicable if they are playing each other. In such a case I don't care who wins

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

TRISHY posted:

One of my kiwi friends secretly goes for the Wallabies because of this.
She is sick of how arrogant and close minded some AB's supporters can be

Please don't reveal the existence of the cells of sleeper Australians in New Zealand tia

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
You know I've just realized I'm going to be sad once Richie McCaw retires. He's retiring after this World Cup right?

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Dog Friday posted:

The Boks haven't been dirty for a number of years now

While they don't really slow down the rucks as much as they used to there is something incredibly frustrating when I see a springbok hardly rolling away. It awakens a primitive anger from deep inside me

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I give a poo poo about the wallabies even if they're losing and so should everyone else in Australia :(

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

hooman posted:

I support the Wallabies even when they pick Quade.

I don't understand why they pick Quade, because he is bad.

Don't hate wallabies supporters for Quade, pity us.

"GO WALLABIES!except Quade"

You know that episode of Futurama where Leela joins a baseball team and they have a clown on the team for when they're doing badly? I'm fairly sure Quade cooper is the literal equivalent of that clown and is only there for pure entertainment value to everyone who doesn't have a stake in the wallabies winning. I mean, he plays and comedy just happens. It's a mystery beyond him literally being there to keep viewers watching

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Why not the World Cup, but all the time?

Think about it people

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
New Zealand stop kicking it out to the wing

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Imo Australia will win but that's just my opinion as an Australian.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I like the way Argentina are playing. They should keep it up

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Congratulations Wayne for ruining this game.

It's not like they were going places even before the lovely yellow call

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
:toxx: wallabies to win because gently caress you we will :boom:

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Not liking McCaw is ridiculous. He's one of the all time greats. I mean, I watch him like a hawk and get frustrated when he does something cheeky but props to him for doing it consistently well.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Tyma posted:

Nigel Owens: True to Myself

Welsh international rugby union referee Nigel Owens talks about the pressures of the modern game, the private struggle with his sexuality and his love of the game and his family.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06hh344/nigel-owens-true-to-myself

Good article. I had absolutely no idea about any of this.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
The wait is excruciating. Feels like an eternity till Sunday morning

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Pooper :getin:

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Score line is flattering to the wallabies atm

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Aramoro posted:

I think you're being extremely generous with that viewing of the tackle, his hand was clearly up by his neck

No where near a yellow worthy high tackle

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Dan carter too good. If only he were Australian...

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Knock on/forward pass calls are slightly lacking at the moment

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Dog Friday posted:

Owens missing a few key calls there leading up to the try, not his best game.

Regardless it was inevitable that the all blacks would get through. I can only hope the wallabies can eek in a performance and make it interesting in the second half.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
The all blacks are like every sports movie's evil unbeatable team except they forgot the memo to lose against the underdogs at the end

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Rip in peace wallabies

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Uh oh

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Lucky to not get a red there

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
10 crucial minutes coming up too

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
:getin:

Rugby owns

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Let's just be friends ok?

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
So who else is nervous?

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

Uhh.. did the ABs 8 just unbind and the HB threw him the ball while the scrum was still live? For no penalty.

Hot potato

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Well can't argue with that. Handling let the wallabies down. Well played!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Let the collective whinging start from the 2nd best team fans

We were handily trounced only to come back to make it interesting. Poor calls or not we all know who played better today