Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

quote:

Uruguay have never beaten ... Scotland

And that will definitely not be changing in the quarter-finals!

quote:

As far as USA's actual chances go, they may be the worst team in the group, but a win over...Scotland is realistically possible

Scotland may be bad; but let's not be silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Yes, but it'll probably just be morris dancing or some poo poo. Starts at seven.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Ffs, are we going to get paloma faiths loving warbling every ad break.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Hajahahaha get hosed south africa

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Apollodorus posted:

He's made some pretty bullshit calls against the USA for sure. Early in the game he called play on for a late hit against McGinty chasing his own kick and then immediately called a penalty when the U.S. players stood their ground on a Samoa chip and chase.

That was the correct decision. MacGingty ran into the Samoan lock looking for the penalty.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Technically that is the first time Scotland have beaten a higher ranked nation at a world cup. Good to get that monkey of our back I guess.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

yas, Romania try

Edit - or not, loving tmo

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Not sure what would be remotely controversial about it? It was a cynical foul which ended an excellent counter attacking chance for Scotland. If we had recycled the ball quickly it would more than likely have been a try.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Cmon Wales B.

gently caress England

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Great maul defence. Get hosed England

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Englamd are going out in the group stage of their own world cup hahahdha

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

tarbrush posted:

So, what do we all think of Lancasters decision to play Farrell and Burgess? I assumed if they lost we'd all be saying Lancaster is an idiot, but I don't know.

Burgess is loving shite.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

England could have selected good players like Steffon Armitage, Burell, Slade and Abendanon. But instead pick useless shite like Haskell, Baritt and Burgess. Idiots.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Scotland are going to beat the us.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

If we play like we did in the second half then we'll beat RSA and Samoa.
If we play like the first half well loose by fifty points to both.

Hope Russell isn't dead.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

It was in 12 in two matches. First against Australia he went for the corner instead of tacking the points and was criticised for it. The next week against South Africa they were four points down in the 78th min and he went for the posts, they then messed up the restart and ran out of time to score again.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Samao will want to stop getting players sin binned IMO.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Bullshit that is not a try it was clearly held up.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Pfft, we were shite in the first half against USA and Japan.....

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

loving laidlaw youbidiot.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

That pass was flat. Ffs

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

At least this way we avoid new Zealand in the semis.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Just mute the telly?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Lovely try

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I am looking forward to sir clive and Jonny crying in the teh studio.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Phipps looking like bergamasco atm

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Burgess should be off here.

Edit - farell too actually

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Lol

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Smorgasbord posted:

Anyone else genuinely tip England to be the team that missed out from this pool?

I did and I'm smug as hell op

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Lmfao at itv sad piano music

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Australia changed their rules so they could pick Gitau. While Armitage and Abendanon sit in France watching the game with a nice glass of wine because the RFU are idiots. Makes you think

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Xtanstic posted:

I'm a casual fan that only watches RWC and the occasional test match so can you quickly explain this drama to me? I'm assuming it has something to do with country unions being mad that their players are playing in a different country and somehow making them ineligible to be selected for the international team?

Basically yes. England will only select players who play in the English league except in 'exceptional circumstances'.

Australia used to have a similar policy, but they relaxed this so overseas players who had played sixty times before they left could come back for the world cup.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Have they actually got any players yet?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

NLJP posted:

So uh why do all these pundits and coaches and other rugby types go on about how awful it was to do the draw three years ago as if it had any relevance to England's performance? I mean sure, for hype reasons etc. it seems a bit silly to do the draw so long ago but I don't see how it had anything to do with performance on the night.

It's also a silly argument because even if they did the draw more recently Argentina were outside the top 8 for the last couple of years. Ireland were out the top 8 just two years ago too. Which could have had just as tough a group.

There are enough good teams that groups of death are likely. This is a good thing as it comes from there being more competitive teams.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

We've been loving shite but somehow only three points behind. :scotland:

Will two bonus points be enough to get through?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Thank gently caress for that. Aus will destroy us next week.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Vaders Jester posted:

(One was in a hurricane in Tasmania and the Australians looked like they were about to die from exposure mind, but still...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuH4G7dW-SI
Never forget :scotland:

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Vaders Jester posted:

Almost certainly, I don't recall the incidents that they have been cited for but it's still incredibly dumb to have an Aussie citing officer do the match review.

It was this apparently, so can't really complain.

https://twitter.com/gavinc42/status/653585272748294144

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Tyma posted:

New rule : Nobody without an Ospreys-related avatar is allowed to complain about how the World Cup has ruined the Pro 12 season for them :{

Just look at what it's done to Steve Tandy :

I think Glasgow have some valid complaints with our 21 players missing for the first two months. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I only saw the first and last ten minutes of that. But Argentina were a bit good.