Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I still prefer Ka Mate to the new one. It might have more meaning to the team but for the outsider it's way more awkward and stilted performance wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
My god these English commentators are unbearable

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Fijian kicks at goal and in general play have been 90% terrible

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Aramoro posted:

Did an England player just dive to try and get a penalty?

Yes, with a suitably effeminate scream while he was doing it.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I was really disappointed in Fiji, I thought they were garbage and way below what they're capable of. Their backline all played individual games, and their passing, kicking and handling skills were terrible.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

That lineout take from Gorgodze :stare:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Nice.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I don't like this ref.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The gently caress was that crosskick all about Barrett?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

NZ are going fine and the people who were predicting 140 points are idiots.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

OK this second half is pretty frustrating

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

That's better from Wales, so far they've been playing way behind the advantage line.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Big surprise English broadcaster choosing not to show endless replays of England foul play to influence the game...

edit: nvm that's fine.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hahah now they're injuring each other

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

It's ok guys, Priestland is on now

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

HOLY poo poo

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hahah oh god please let England crash out in pool play

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

There will probably be criticism of England kicking for the corner when they could have potentially equalized, which will be a shame because I loved that they had the balls to do that and play for the win rather than the rather dull but safe kicking for points.

Japan going for the win rather than draw v SA was the right move, I don't think this was the right move for England though. Now they will most likely lose to Australia and fail to qualify whereas with a draw they would at least had another card to play to qualify via bonus points and +/- depending on how things shake out.

edit: yep look at that table, a draw was as good as a win for England. They hosed up big time.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I've said for ages that youngs set piece play isn't good enough for test rugby, he's a hell of a player around the park on his good days but he's just too iffy at line out time for me. Previous posts saying the line out call was bad are right, going short is typically your 'banker' ball that you know will work, but being reduced to calling your safest ball at the most critical moment is a sign of weakness.

Going for the lineout in the first place was a terrible decision, a draw was just as good as a win for England and they bungled it.

edit: mistakenly counted England's bonus point today in my calculations, but still...England have Uruguay still to play while Wales' equivalent fixture is Fiji so England were in the box seat if it came down to +/- with a drawn game here.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 26, 2015

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I love you Waisake Naholo

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Whoops

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

goatface posted:

I think Richie might have chucked that forward tbh

Coles made it very hard with his lack of depth.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I just wanted to see us look slick v a minor nation that's not too much to ask is it? :negative:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What a loving shitshow this is turning out to be.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Bring back Quade Cooper imo

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

This is pretty funny.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hahah take your pick which one to penalise

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ideal outcome would be both tacklers getting yellows but one will do I guess.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Not every day that you see 2 illegal tackles in the one frame

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

:lol:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone else genuinely tip England to be the team that missed out from this pool?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Look at the patheticness of this man

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Australia were very impressive, certainly far ahead of anything NZ have put together so far this season.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The gently caress is wrong with that tackle?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

These NZ pool games have been so aggravating. Poor refereeing even worse handling skills.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

That's a pretty poo poo call to go upstairs then too, I didn't see any Tongans claiming a try, they just wanted to keep attacking but the chance got taken away from them.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Watching the games now via recordings - Scotland v Samoa was fantastic, 30 minutes in Wales v Australia is garbage.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

butros posted:

Just wait.

Nope it was garbage all through.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

You suck at watching rugby.

That was a straight up terrible game sorry. I fastforwarded through all the breaks in play leaving about 10 minutes of actual gametime which mostly consisted of Welsh incompetency and decent Australian defence. Refer to Samoa v Scotland for an example of an actually good game of rugby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Really didn't think saying that game sucked would be so controversial an opinion. You guys up north must be really hard up for good rugby if dreck like that excites you. It had a period of good defense against incompetent attack for around 15 minutes but outside of that it was awful.