Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Hey Wales, why don't you chuck it around like loving idiots against the chucking it around champions of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Hook and Priestland come on and within 60 seconds show everyone why they weren't picked to start.
That was a lovely, tired performance from Wales but if you'd offered 13 points going into the Australia match then everyone would have taken it.

I hope Australia beat England because they're going to loving destroy Wales.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
The TMO made the call

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I think Australia England and Wales won't really care who tops this group the way this is going.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
keep taking Lawrence, I'm almost there.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Wales feel too long at 16s, Ireland too short at 7s and Australia at 7/2. But the general order still feels right

16 is the number of players we have left.
I just don't want Ireland to win it.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

WeAreTheRomans posted:

But why, we're sound :(

Your media makes the English papers look disinterested, the unabashed cuntery over dropping O'Driscoll for third third Lions test and having to put up with your shitehouse referees.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

I've been looking for sad England gifs but it's giving me unlimited choice paralysis.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I'm watching the Sky sports inquest thing and it's loving hilarious.
Steffon Armitage, Dylan Hartley and "a good coach" would have made England world cup winners.

If this is the path they take then as a Welshman I would be delighted.

England lost to a decimated Wales and were shamed by Australia.
Put Halfpenny, Jonathan Davies, Scott Wiliams, Rhys Webb and Not Cuthbert in that Wales squad and it wouldn't have even been close last week.
If they keep ignoring this fact then the changes will be either piecemeal or knee-jerk and we'll be here again in 4 wonderful "rebuilding" years

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Citings for Hooper and Burgess anyone?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Byolante posted:

Calling for a citing on that looks like a welshman trying to find a route to victory against a superior side through any means necessary

You could cite all15 from last night and we wouldn't win.
I hope Wales rest everyone and just have Nipper strolling between rucks cradling a picture of a sad Mike Brown.

As I said above, I just don't want Ireland to win it.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Byolante posted:

Citing that is saying 'we don't want the break down to be contested'

How are you meant to clear out a filthy phil waugh impersonator without doing something like that.

Wales don't want the breakdown contested!!

That said, Tipuric and Warburton against Hooper and Pocock would be an amazing contest.

Referee : Joubert

Oh, never mind.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Has anyone other than Australia not been poo poo in this world cup?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
It's not even Monday and the in-fighting has started...
If Dean Ryan's comments about the people who appointed Lancaster get replayed in the media then I can see them throwing Lancaster under the bus before the end of the tournament.

Shaun Edwards and Andy Farrell will be the next England coaching set-up.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Unimpressed posted:

This is a good point. Bottom line there are 8 "top tier" teams, NZ, Aus, SA, Arg, Fra, Eng, Wal and Ire. All you need is for one of those teams to slip out of the top 8 whenever the draw is done and you have "GROUP OF DEATH". Now that Argentina's a proper top tier side (if they can beat SA and Aus, you bet they can beat any NH team having a mediocre day), you're almost always going to have this. And this is a good thing, not a bad one. There wouldn't be this much gnashing of teeth if Wales or Aus dropped out of the group, it's just England are feeling doubly entitled since they're hosting and they're, well, England.

It's just England.

They were happy with the group when they thought Wales were going to be the ones to lose out.
In previous bouts of English over confidence we've had "England should join Tri-Nations", "England should break off with France", "England will put 100 points on Wal/Sco/Ire soon"

Their media are hilarious and the next few months are going to be stellar because of it.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

butros posted:

Just give the penalty try and be done with it...

Clancy is such a loving clown it's criminal he gets paid for this poo poo.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
France are gonna do NZ in Cardiff again aren't they?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Tonga taking the three because they think they're in this.
They're not, but it's an indication of how below par NZ are playing.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Has everyone forgotten that New Zealand choked the poo poo out of every World Cup outside of New Zealand?
They nearly hosed up the last one until Joubert handed them the final.

I actually think this side are heavier favourites than Henry's first stint up to 2007 and they were the best team that's ever played the game.
Mainly because everyone else has been poo poo but even so it's still 50/50 that they'll be coming home empty handed.

DickEmery fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 10, 2015

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Crossing surely?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Aramoro posted:

2 bonus points isn't really enough, Japan would go through with a bonus point win of the USA

A draw and 4 tries would put Scotland through.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
"he did his best" who gives a gently caress he shouldn't have been there.
I hate the inconsistency between refs.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Aramoro posted:

That's the law though, youve got to do your best to move away. The neck roll was pretty blatant

I doubt another ref would have let him get away with it though.
Which is the frustration.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Fair loving play this Australia defence is awesome.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

3 isn't enough for Wales right now they really need to take a try from this. gently caress I'm glad I'm not Welsh right now this is tense

Nah it's not tense it's fun.
We're in the quarters and Australia are the better team as they're showing with two men down.

With the injuries Wales are just enjoying themselves until the get beaten or can't field a team.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Amazing, fair play Australia

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Tyma posted:

It's fine, we wanted to play against South Africa all along!

We can beat anyone except for Aus and NZ in this World Cup.
The Bokke ain't poo poo.

Anscombe has been Cuthbert levels of bad.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
What the gently caress was that from Cuthbert?
He is the shittest player I've seen for Wales since the 90s

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Add Jonathan Davies, Scott Williams, Rhys Webb and Halfpenny to that team and I'd be gutted to lose that game.
Take them out and Wales have overachieved this World Cup.

It would be worth it if Cuthbert doesn't play for Wales again.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

That was a straight up terrible game sorry. I fastforwarded through all the breaks in play leaving about 10 minutes of actual gametime which mostly consisted of Welsh incompetency and decent Australian defence. Refer to Samoa v Scotland for an example of an actually good game of rugby.

Not a fan of tackling then?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I think Cuthbert is performing some sort of voodoo to keep his place.
We'll be down to playing Nipper and Hook at the same time soon.

Davies, Halfpenny, Webb, Patchell, Walker, Allen, Amos, Williams, Williams, Roberts.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

SomeDrunkenMick posted:

https://vine.co/v/e00TQj0OpTa

Sean laid him out, but that's him gone for a while anyway.

It's Ireland, he'll get a warning at most.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

StraightFace posted:

Who's going to win Pearl Harbour 2015?

Japan, same as the first time.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Tyma posted:

I think the reason he's in ahead of Robinson or Henson is because the team spent so much time training with The Ospreys since the build-up begiu, that Walker knows the playbook inside out, and he's obviously in far better form than Cuthbert.

Robinson's injured isn't he?
Basically it's Tom Grabham as the only Welsh-qualified professional winger left (and he's just been injured too).

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Match officials for the quarters

South Africa v Wales at Twickenham (kick-off 16:00)
Ref : Barnes
AR : George Clancy (Ireland) and JP Doyle (England)
TMO : Graham Hughes

New Zealand v France at the Millennium Stadium (kick-off 20:00)
Ref: Owens
AR : Jaco Peyper of South Africa and John Lacey of Ireland
TMO: Shaun Veldsman.

Ireland v Argentina in Cardiff (kick-off 13:00) on Sunday
Ref: Garcès
AR: Romain Poite (France), and New Zealand’s Chris Pollock
TMO: George Ayoub

Australia v Scotland at Twickenham on Sunday (kick-off 16:00)
Ref: Joubert
AR: Glen Jackson (New Zealand) and Pascal Gauzere (France)
TMO: Ben Skeen (New Zealand).

Argentina will be rejoicing it's not O'Wens and the Wales game won't get finished before the semis with Hughes as TMO

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Swan Curry posted:

It just wouldn't be a World Cup if it didn't happen

I have been patiently waiting for someone to say "It depends which French team turn up" so I could come back with the zinger "There's another one in reserve that's not coached by PSA?"

Didn't expect it to be true.

France by 5.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Folau and Pocock out for Australia too.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Wayne Barnes is Wayne Barnesing his Wayne Barnes for all it's Wayne Barnes.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
The Barnes yellow card lottery is going to decide this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Piss