Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
There are two Japanese guys in rugby shirts trying to walk down the street in Cardiff and they can't take two steps without someone shaking their hand of trying to hand them a pint. They've moved about twenty steps in ten minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

EL BROMANCE posted:

ITV do the commercials between anthem and KO too. Gotta get the ads in, surprised they don't sneak them in when the clock stops too.

Good to see Wales have woken up a bit now.

We had to watch the adverts in the stadium as well. I'll do a full post about how bizarre the match day experience is,when I get back.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Beauden :{

Who is he on for?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

kustomkarkommando posted:

Uh, good luck Wales?

Three of our 5 props went off with suspected injury, and if Jarvis it actually injured, Wales need to call up a hooker. At what point do we call Adam Jones?

Corey Allen is definately, absolutely out for the rest of the tournament, and it looks like we also need to cover Liam Williams at full-back. At what point do we call for.. The man?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

DickEmery posted:

Adam is shot, there's no way he is fit enough.
There have been whispers of the H word but Gatland would rather play 14 than select him.

Gatland continues to select Alex Cuthbert rather than play with 14 men, so I can only assume that '14 men' isn't a legal option.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

So frustrated that I have to miss Scotland/Japan live because it is being played during my class. Fortunately I can watch it on replay that evening, but it means avoiding spoilers all day.

Spoilers : Vaders Jester will be sporting some sort of terrible anime avatar by the time you get home.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

As a neutral, that's probably my All Blacks dream team. I genuinely want to see all 15 of them play rugby.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

slothrop posted:

Sure there was a forward and an in touch there

I liked the part where Lamont came in from the side, and started walking ontop of the ruck.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

You mean to clear out all the Japanese players that were off their feet?

SHUT UP, SCOTLAND. You're ruining the Rugby World Cup for everyone.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

rejutka posted:

Poot. Where are my upsets? My close games?

Scotland beat the team 1 place above them in the world rankings!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The bored crowd are already boo'ing both teams, and doing The Wave fifteen minutes into a match :{

It seems like all the crowds in the small venues have been great, while the large stadiums have been insufferable?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The Wales team to play England has an air of "all or nothing" to it :

15. Liam Williams (Scarlets)
14. George North (Northampton)
13. Scott Williams (Scarlets)
12. Jamie Roberts (Harlequins
11. Hallam Amos (Newport Gwent Dragons)
10. Dan Biggar (Ospreys)
09. Gareth Davies (Scarlets

01. Gethin Jenkins (Blues)
02. Scott Baldwin (Ospreys)
03. Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs)
04. Bradley Davies (Wasps)
05. Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys)
06. Dan Lydiate (Ospreys)
07. Sam Warburton (Blues, captain)
08. Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons)

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), :siren:Samson Lee (Scarlets):siren:, Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Blues), Rhys Priestland (Bath), Alex Cuthbert (Blues).

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Has Beauden Barrett shown up in dress socks?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Poor Barrett, he doesn't deserve Quade Cooper levels of boo'ing :{

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I stepped out of the room for a few minutes and now it's 15-0 :stare:

You came back in time for Namibia's comeback!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

I've been looking forward to it for years and a diary hitch looks to have put a dampener on my fun :(

Take some headphones with you and play Cwm Rhondda on a loop all of the way home!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

They're all archived on :

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/search/term/rugby

You might need an proxy browser addon like Hola to view it from outside England and Wales, though :{

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The entirety of the Italy vs Canada broadcast so far has been dedicated to discussion about how great England are :{

Tyma fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 26, 2015

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Both teams have a Gentlemens' Agreement not to tackle.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

How many times will Sam Burgess be mentioned, in the half-time recap?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Dear England, this is why everyone hates you.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

slothrop posted:

I can see how these ISIS cunts get radicalised

Next thread title confirmed

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Wales has an itv-free broadcast of the game :neckbeard:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

No, its on HTV wales

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Wales commentary is Eddie butler, Shane Williams and David hasselhoff

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

NO!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

It never ends with a bang :(

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I'm going to contain my excitement until Fallingdown Joe gets back from his gig, so he doesn't feel like he's the only man in Wales to find out about this at 2 in the morning.

Can I stress enough that Wales beat England with a back three of Rhys Priestland, Alex Cuthbert and Justin Tipuric?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I just woke up, realised I had a different avatar, and then slowly pieced together what happened. It was wonderful :)

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

Plenty of time to poo poo this all up against Samoa and SA.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

goatface posted:

Romania have interesting kits.

The home shirts looked like they all had cocks on the back.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

tentish klown posted:

Zebo reminds me of Jason Robinson, quality jinks and running skills.

Have you seen the try against Wales, where he backheels the ball into his own hands, to avoid knocking it on? He's one of the most talented footballers in the home nations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=046s-F6OiFQ

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

rejutka posted:

'Tis a pity that Zebo is such a sleazy man whore.

Yes, this is an unfortunate side-effect of being talented at rugby. It's called The Cooper Effect.

I made a graph to help illustrate it.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Rugby doesn't work as a game and is practically unrefereeable without resorting to NFL style video feedback and stoppages.

There's really no noticeable difference in the outcome of decisions between the big international games, and the lovely Pro 12 games being played in-front of 300 people with no TMOs or video screens. I think the technology being there just makes people feel obliged to use it, and referees at the World Cup are trying really hard to prove they're doing everything by the book, so that they can impress the selection commitee who decide on referees for the knockout stages of the tournament.

When there isn't a TMO on-hand for the game, the vast, vast majority of decisions in professional matches are proven to be correct when they're replayed on TV, and removing "TMO Time" from the game doesn't make the match noticeably quicker, because there are still a gently caress-ton of stoppages for scrums restarting, and people falling over with cramp during winter matches.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Cheeky Nandolo.

Pre-match plans for Thursday confirmed!

-

The Daily Mash wrote a report on the match :

quote:

Rugby game proves sweeping national stereotypes

THE English are arrogant fops and the Welsh are brave, stocky underdogs, it has been confirmed.

Although rugby is impossible to fully understand, spectators at Saturday’s World Cup match recalled seeing the England team carried onto the pitch in sedan chairs, wearing top hats.

25-year-old Australian Tom Booker said: “From the way they were dressed in safari suits and sipping cocktails, the English reeked of imperialist aloofness.

“The Welsh on the other hand looked like men of steel, forged in the furnace of oppression and burning with vengeful feelings against the foe that had gravely wronged them throughout history.”

The English delayed kick off while they finished smoking and telling each other hunting anecdotes in loud posh voices, because that is how arrogant they are.

Booker said: “Being English, they were more arrogant than a cockerel in gold trousers. But they took an early lead because they have longer limbs due to superior nutrition.

“However at half time England were cockily drinking Pimm’s with their coach Stephen Fry, while the brave Welsh huddling in their meagre underground changing room to eat nutritious leeks and sing rousing choir songs.

“Then they gave England the pasting they so richly deserved, and the Welsh rugby captain got to marry Charlotte Church and become their king.”

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

Jamie Roberts? He's the biggest and most terrifying fully-qualified medical doctor you'll ever meet.

My doctor is the greatest Welsh captain of all time, and I never realised they were the same person, until 70 minutes through watching a documentary about his life. He looks exactly the loving same now, as when he played rugby. :doh:

I have a prescription for really strong painkiller that's he's written for me, and I'm torn between exchanging it for vital medicine, or keeping his autograph, and living my life in constant pain!

:wales:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The reason is money.

Are you joining Welsh Rugby Goon Party for a Cheeky Nandolos in Cardiff before the match?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm finishing work in an hour or so, then will probably hit the City Arms for a pint, going to the fanzone to see what it's like (my friends seemed to enjoy it) then make sure we're in the stadium nice and early so we see any pre-kick stuff.

Pint after the match? Were parked in roath, so were hoping to head out in that direction to avoid crowds.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Did Gareth Davies pushing the guy over make it to tv? It was the best part!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Goon Match Day photo, with my new friends Fallingdownjoe and Nemani Nandolo :

Great day, good result, terrible game, and a stadium full of England fans wearing Fiji shirts.