Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

rejutka posted:

Gorgodze does know there are other people on his team, right? Fucker is everywhere.

The Georgian Parisse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Tyma posted:

My housemate just found plush toys of Leigh Halfpenny, Sam Burton, Jamie Roberts and Mike Phillips in our local Tesco.

Please PM me if you are in need of someone to buy and post you a Mike Phillips doll, for Voodoo purposes.

http://store.wru.co.uk/Mike-Phillips-Hero.html

They clearly had a box of Rupert Moon dolls left over and just changed the name.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

If Japan can play every game at this pace they're going to kill someone.

They're up against Scotland on Wednesday. If they can cope with the short turnaround it should be interesting.....

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

That was amazing. They're going to be looking at Samoa, Scotland and the USA and picturing a quarter final place.

Brony Hunter posted:

The balls on their captain. THE BALLS

This. Turning down the option to kick took guts.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

tarbrush posted:

I mean, I understand that they need to review things, but really, make a decision and stick to it.

Yeah, if you've gone to the effort to stop and review something, you may as well check the grounding to make sure. These reviews based on the ref seeing the replay on the big screen are a farce.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Ngwenya really needs to learn how/when to pass

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Heid the Ball posted:

Welsh backs shovelling absolute shite all day. They keep that up and better sides will murder them.

Priestland comes back into the side, and the backline turn to poo poo. Coincidence?
They did the minimum and got the full 5 points, but didn't look impressive at all.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
McCaw yellow card? That can't be pretty for anyone playing a world cup drinking game.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Never thought I'd be watching a game and wanting Scotland to just stop scoring tries.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Tyma posted:

The Wales team to play England has an air of "all or nothing" to it :

15. Liam Williams (Scarlets)
14. George North (Northampton)
13. Scott Williams (Scarlets)
12. Jamie Roberts (Harlequins
11. Hallam Amos (Newport Gwent Dragons)
10. Dan Biggar (Ospreys)
09. Gareth Davies (Scarlets

01. Gethin Jenkins (Blues)
02. Scott Baldwin (Ospreys)
03. Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs)
04. Bradley Davies (Wasps)
05. Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys)
06. Dan Lydiate (Ospreys)
07. Sam Warburton (Blues, captain)
08. Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons)

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), :siren:Samson Lee (Scarlets):siren:, Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Blues), Rhys Priestland (Bath), Alex Cuthbert (Blues).

Given the injuries, I think that's the best lineup they could put together. Surprised by Bradley Davies instead of Jake Ball though.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

rejutka posted:

Jesus ref, how hard was that call?

It's Romain Poite, he makes everything look difficult.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Vagabundo posted:

They conceded 140-odd points when they were more-or-less a full amateur side 12 years ago. These days, a fair chunk of the team is playing professionally, even if it might be in the lower end of the South African domestic competition. There are also players in the upper end of things like Burger, who have not only not looked the least bit out of place in the Saracens, but has commanded a virtually permanent starting spot.

To be honest, I was expecting this to be a 100+ massacre, largely down to 2 reasons 1) Wales being able to 80 points past them last time around, and 2) Namibia being coached by Phil Davies.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
The only thing worse than the Canadian 10's hair is his goal-kicking
Edit: Actually, maybe it doesn't look that bad, just from one angle looked like some side-parting with a ridiculously long fringe at the front. The kicking is still terrible though.

stavros880 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 26, 2015

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

^^ Four.

Refs have bottled it. They watch the ball be put down from the perfect angle and still ask the TMO to confirm the grounding

Exactly, the touch judge was looking right at it from a couple of metres away, and raised his flag straight away when the foot was in touch. but for some reason we needed to go to the TMO.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Tyma posted:

I'm going to contain my excitement until Fallingdown Joe gets back from his gig, so he doesn't feel like he's the only man in Wales to find out about this at 2 in the morning.

Can I stress enough that Wales beat England with a back three of Rhys Priestland, Alex Cuthbert and Justin Tipuric?

And scrum half Lloyd Williams, following up his cameo as a centre last weekend, covering as a winger and giving the assist for the winning try. Who needs a fully fit squad playing in position when you have High Priest Gatland and his human sacrifices?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Good work Quade

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
"Who shall we send out for the interview? Let's send Mike"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuSQEsVgnWE

Edit: And England have called up 37 year old Nick Easter to replace Billy Vunipola. That should get the Australians scared :)

stavros880 fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 28, 2015

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

fallingdownjoe posted:

Tyma and I have a bet, the loser of which gets Priestlanded. I reckon Wales will lose another player this game, whilst Tyma reckons we won't.

I have a photo of a handshake if required.

I can also see John Inverdale on the pitch, presumably talking about England.

He's talking about Rafa nadal for some reason
Edit: it was some bizarre intro into a Biggar lovefest.

stavros880 fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 1, 2015

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

How do you manage to cock up the audio balance this consistently?

It was terrible. Did they forget to point any microphones at the crowd or the singers?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Cuthbert off after that bang to the head

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
The welsh scrum is embarrassing today

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Biggar limping off, priestland on :(

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Just happy to get the win at the end there. Hope missing out on the bonus point doesn't come back to haunt us later.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

The Clit Avoider posted:

Roman Poite is one of the worst loving scrum refs on the planet (anyone who just goes with the "they look dominant" technique falls in here). Guess what, Garces is too.

I love this poo poo about the hooker trying to hook the ball. Nobody does that - they compact the opposite fucker's spine sideways and upwards and then move the whole mess any which way they like, while their halfback funnels the ball right back through his own pack. A referee like Poite sees that on your own scrum for the first few turns, and then sees you just turn the scrum (by literally driving laterally) on your opponents ball once or twice and he doesn't care (or know, for that matter) how you're doing it, you're "dominant" and it's penalty city.

This. Look at the 2nd and 3rd scrums in the Wales-England game. Marler just turns and drives straight across.
"Why, when your hooker is trying to hook the ball, would your loose-head drive him away from it?"
Because you get a penalty and a shot at 3 points. It's not loving rocket science.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Tyma posted:

Did Gareth Davies pushing the guy over make it to tv? It was the best part!

They showed someone pushing Ma'afu (the prop) over, can't remember who did it though. I enjoyed it as he played for Cardiff for a while but was pretty useless.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Hahaha....awesome.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

I think Richie might have chucked that forward tbh

Don't tell the Times, they'll post a lengthy article whining about how the ref robbed Georgia.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Samoa are just imploding

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Japan need to calm down a bit and look for the huge gaps out wide. Jonathan Davies would be having an aneurysm watching this.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Some of those Japanese forwards were so slow tracking back to defend. They looked shattered.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Does Stuart Hogg's huffing and puffing every time a decision goes against him remind anyone else of Chris 'Punchable Face' Ashton, or is it just me?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Nige has his own TV to watch the replay :)
Think he made the wrong call there though

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

dex_sda posted:

so this is how it feels to be a scotland supporter

I think Stephen King summed it up best. It's certainly an amazing description of supporting Cardiff as well.

Stephen king posted:

You think Okay, I get it, I'm prepared for the worst, but you hold out that small hope, see, and that's what fucks you up. That's what kills you.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

slothrop posted:

Oh good, internets dead. Whatever the outcome of the Rugby World Cup, Australia loses the Internet World Cup. Relying on my phone/this thread for score updates. Feel free to trick me

FilmOn works on mobile. Might destroy your bandwidth allowance though...

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
The only thing there is the Scottish players foot hits the ground first. Think it's bullshit though, could easily have been a red.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Duro posted:

So if SA wins, Japan is out?

If Scotland lose to Samoa, Japan can still go through with a win over USA

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

el dingo posted:

Bonus points confuse me - do they kick in if two teams have an equal number of wins/losses or can they still somehow make a team qualify even if they've lost more games?
They're added to the running total for the group, so yeah, a team can still qualify even if they've lost more games.
E.g. win two games with try bonus points, lose two games with try+losing bonus points gives you a total of 14. Another team in your group can win 3 without bonus points and only have 12 points, so you qualify ahead of them.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Joe Launchbury was Man of the Match :confused:
You would have thought that after scoring 2 tries, 3 conversions and 4 penalties, Foley would have got it, but nope....

stavros880 fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 3, 2015

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Lmao launchbury? No way that's ridiculous. I'm going to buy 2 copies of every newspaper tomorrow to bask in the bitterness and disappointment. It'll be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Plucky Brit posted:

The entire coaching staff is gone after this; they completely lost the plot in squad selection, team selection and tactics. Picking Burgess in the squad over Burrell, keeping Barritt in despite him being terribly limited, avoiding Slade, the list goes on.

What I really can't fathom is picking Farrell and then trying to play an expansive running game; it was obvious looking at the first half that England were looking to bring in the backs whenever they could, but with Farrell in there wasn't anything beyond set line moves.

Then to really drive things home Lancaster brings on Ford and shunts Farrell out to 12, the exact backlands that conceded 10 points in the final quarter of the Wales game.

I could go on a longer rant, but there isn't much point.

This is what I don't understand. England have finally found a dangerous back three, but seem to insist on picking centres that refuse to (or simply can't) give them the ball.