Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

fallingdownjoe posted:

I thought he was lucky not be yellow carded at the time, so not surprised by that. Can't see it being enough to rule him out of Saturday's game though, which is good: I really just want to see him play.

Maybe he'll just get a warning like Tom Wood (for the kick to Liam Williams) and Sam Burgess (for his high tackle) received?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Byolante posted:

The northern hemisphere needs revenge for Australia making them look dumb

To be fair, the citing commissioner is from New Zealand, so it's not just northern hemisphere sour grapes.
Also, Australia haven't made Wales look dumb so far this year. That happens on Saturday :(

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
WTF! Did they just compare the struggles of the Uruguayan players in this game to the Uruguayan rugby players who were in the plane crash and had to eat the dead bodies?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Business as usual for Burger. He's lucky, Quade got a yellow for that.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
This referee and the TMO are terrible.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
This game is hilarious.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Samoa vs Scotland - Defending is for pussies

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Smorgasbord posted:

That was a straight up terrible game sorry.

Well, John Inverdale just described it as a breath taking match, so who are we to disagree? :colbert:

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Nigel: "Say my name bitch"

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Loving the old school scrum half for Japan. Only 5'5", none of this Mike Phillips wannabe flanker bullshit.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Just when you thought the commentators couldn't get any worse......"Adge" McGinty

edit: I'm assuming AJ isn't supposed to be pronounced Adge surely?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Swan Curry posted:

It actually is in his case

Just googled him and realised he's Irish. Is this another "Rog" / "Bod" type thing?
I think they should just call him Alan.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

Liam Williams has hosed the screws in his foot from a previous foot-loving.

rip him

Patchell next in line to be called up I think. How many more have to drop dead before Henson gets to swoop in and win the world cup for us?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

fallingdownjoe posted:

Eli Walker called up for Wales. Tyma, you don't think much of him: how much more stuffed are Wales now that he's in the squad? And what's so bad about him (I don't know him well)?

I thought he was injured, but it turns out he's recovered from his hamstring injury and is a week away from fitness. How long do we give him before he's injured again?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
I think Wales seriously need to consider bringing back their A team at some point. There are a lot of players on the fringes of the main squad who have benefited massively from playing together over the last few years. Playing a few games a year against the England and Irish A teams, as well as games against lower tier nations, would make the step up to international level from the Pro 12 a lot easier.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Vaders Jester posted:

O'Brien is getting a one game ban. I imagine Jonny Gray will get a weeks ban for that clear out, Ford might avoid a ban but who knows.

I imagine the Scottish pair will get a hell of a ban for that. It looked like they dumped him on his head. However, with the random way the citing commissions work these days, it could be anywhere from no ban to life.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

StraightFace posted:

Please Bokke, dont gently caress this up

In other news,

BBC posted:

Here's some good news for Scotland - hooker Ross Ford and lock Jonny Gray have been cleared to play in Sunday's quarter-final against Australia.
The pair had been suspended for three weeks but have been successful in their appeals.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Skarsnik posted:

I feel like I'm going to have to listen to a lot of welsh people complaining about the ref for the next few weeks

Was typing a Wayne Barnes ExperienceTM post but gave up when the try was scored. Might start again after that penalty though.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

Stop kicking it away.

And stop passing it to Cuthbert.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Barnes deciding to ignore the rules on what constitutes a maul again.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Vagabundo posted:

Wait until you see Nigel Owens in action.

Someone post the video of him telling off 30 players at once, please.

That was beautiful. "Everybody in boys. Everybody in".
It's between that and " Christopher..." for my favourite Owens moment.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

fallingdownjoe posted:

Unorthodox but Jesus I'm happy with a lead at half time.

Could someone explain what Barnes is doing to gently caress up the maul reffing?

When the ball carrier, a team mate and a defender are all bound and on their feet, a maul is formed.
There's been several cases where a maul is formed (looks like it to me anyway) but he's ignored it and called it as a tackle. One of those led to one of the penalties Wales conceded.
There's also the alternative, where I'm just being ridiculously biased and only seeing what I want to see
Barnes :argh:

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
What the gently caress was Gareth Davies doing?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Hook on. Interception incoming.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Well played South Africa, had enough in the tank at the end of the game to take it.
Cuthbert must have played his last game in a Wales shirt?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

fallingdownjoe posted:

Did Priestland do anything bad? He seemed fine. Cuthbert however...

For the first 10-15 minutes of the 2nd half I honestly thought Cuthbert was doing OK and would find his form again. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way :(

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Jerusalem posted:

I wish teams were allowed to challenge the haka, for the most part I don't see it as disrespectful so much as answering the challenge.... plus it usually backfires on the team anyway since New Zealand apparently gains insanity powers from the sacrilege and plays next level rugby out of spite.

It would be worth the ensuing violence just to see one team do the macarena opposite them.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Michalak strikes again.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

fallingdownjoe posted:

There is a cloud in the Millennium Stadium. Amazing.

Typical Wales. You can be indoors and it will still loving rain.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

Who's on for Michalak?

Remi tales

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

life of lemons posted:

Is there a good online stream for this? I'm in Aus and my TV just crapped out on me

Filmon is not the best quality but usually reliable

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
I seriously think being this good should be considered cheating.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
I have an all black running past me at full speed. I know, I'll try to grab him around the chest instead of hurling myself at his legs.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
New Zealand should just troll the northern hemisphere in their next November tour by only putting 14 men on the pitch.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I guess only I'm old enough to remember 1999? Scorelines are very similar.

I'm old enough to remember watching that in the student bar, but I can't remember the difference in skill levels being anywhere near this big.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

Why are the crowd singing Fields of Athenry?

Because Cardiff is packed full of Irish supporters who figured they'd stand a good chance of toppng coming second in their group.
Edit: fixed my glaring error

stavros880 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 17, 2015

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

Points or margin?

Each

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Apollodorus posted:

Yesssssss

Or Munster :allears:

Again?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=13fGHSqHTwA

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Can we just appreciate that Namibia had a better result than this. They kept the all blacks down to 58-14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

DickEmery posted:

I'm slightly glad Wales lost after seeing this NZ display.

Yeah, I'd love to see Wales in the semis, but I don't want to see them subjected to this kind of treatment. Imagine Priestland and Cuthbert up against this lot.