Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fryorama
Nov 8, 2011

This is us.
cool, i'll send them a whisper. thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

fryorama posted:

yo i'm 30, pally, on the pve server. who do i need to whisper to join up?

Anyone in Gelkis Alliance can invite I think

VV: :negative:

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 14, 2015

fryorama
Nov 8, 2011

This is us.
AFGM got me the invite a few minutes ago. let's rock this.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

These pub nerds in AFGM are awful

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Tiren aside i've had decent experiences with them. That horrible mage was from helloween for what thats worth :/

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Meets was the dick mage polymorphing mobs and training them to get me killed because I was "ruining his optimal aoe spawn rotations". I just love this guild. I should have taken some puushes of his whisper spam.

Rip goon guilds

Khako fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 16, 2015

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Alitta (sp?) was telling us about one of their main tanks who is a Donald Trump fanboy. Whee.

I usually stay off Discord, but have found most of AFGM to be pretty good players. It's the unfortunate pubbie groups I've run with that are going to make me pull my hair out and why I doubt I'll log in again until MC tomorrow. Just need a break from endless BRD pubbie runs where my healing mace doesn't drop.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Khako posted:

Rip goon guilds

Gelkis still exists. If you want goon levelling, you're more than welcome to hang out in the goon guild.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If anyone knows the pattern for ghostweave belt and doesn't mind making it for me, tell me your in game name and I'll mail you the mats.

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005
Is there an alliance goon guild ATM on PVP?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Oz Fox posted:

Is there an alliance goon guild ATM on PVP?

No

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Hey guys I'm apparently a wall hacker. Be careful about associating with me.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=29263&p=205531#p205531

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Noted wallhacker amanduh

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
The guild and server itself are sorely short of tanks. Makes getting any runs pretty tough.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Desmond posted:

The guild and server itself are sorely short of tanks. Makes getting any runs pretty tough.

I just made a warrior alt because despite having a terrible time soloing one in retail (which was at least partly due to my lack of game knowledge) It was incredibly nice to be able to find a group whenever I wanted.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
In as Actaeon and online if anyone is about to get me an invite to the merged guild. I joined goons but it's pretty quiet.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
There's no one on right now that can invite to the merged guild unfortunately. But if you're on around 6pm pst there will definitely be someone since we're running Onyxia.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I have a 60 gnome mage that someone can have. You'll have to deal with having my lovely forum name and he might still be in AFGM. I also sort of gave away all my gold and worthwhile mats to other people when I quit so you're starting out brand loving new. Jailbreak is done but thats about it for ony attune I think. The vanilla grind is a slog and I got burned out at the end, first come first serve. 260? Tailoring 1XX Enchanting.

Khako fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 18, 2016

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Fridg if you are out there... if you're gone I understand, but could i maybe have my remaining arcane crystals back?

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
mage is given away

Swork
Sep 5, 2011

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
to be funny
Welcome to Dire maul, goons. This week only we're going to be spamming DM runs and you too can be in on it.

This week Dire Maul comes out and I for one will be doing run all the time. a few other goons have pledged their loyalty to me as well.

It's a new patch and a good time to waste your lovely life on some video games. So come on in and play WoW. I promise that it wont suck more than whatever you're doing now.

robertlt
Jul 14, 2008

ay - fuck the system; The Man is ghey
gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime
Skeez, the TLO hook-up, ya'll bitches jock me
Keep it locked down, slangin' that wet n' pocky
Hey,

Is Goon Squad on horde an actual goon guild?

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Nope. Funny that someone posted ITT 'cause I've been leveling a hordie for the last few days.

Are their still goons raiding with <A Few Good Men>?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I think there's only 4 of us now:

PovertyGhost
Jorg
Amanduh
Garage

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Jaloc is trying to as well. People have been drifting away for some time due to some combination of boredom/played enough vanilla/issues with new guild. Not to downplay any of those factors, but people drifting off was pretty common on rebirth as well, you just had more new people replacing them. Here once someone is gone, thats just someone gone.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

tower time posted:

Jaloc is trying to as well. People have been drifting away for some time due to some combination of boredom/played enough vanilla/issues with new guild. Not to downplay any of those factors, but people drifting off was pretty common on rebirth as well, you just had more new people replacing them. Here once someone is gone, thats just someone gone.

I haven't played for 3 weeks, but up until the end of January was raiding each week. I dunno, I think it is burnout, but I'd still hoped to go back for Dire Maul and stuff. I just got burned out not finding groups for dungeons. That meant my playtime at 60 consisted of some fishing, some herbing, and doing MC/Onyxia once a week. I tried for literally weeks to find a group for Live Strat so I could continue the Fordring quest and get a healing ring. Crickets in guild from tanks (and from the server) if you asked--but then they'd eventually go run something with their healer of choice to help someone else get geared. Not trying to whine; that's probably just the nature of vanilla. So few tanks; a bit cliquish in guilds, etc. I'm hoping TBC will be better, but if not, it's still fun to play up to a certain point.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I've been slowly leveling my Hunter up, although gearing's slow atm-with Dire Maul out no one wants to do BRD it seems.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Desmond posted:

I haven't played for 3 weeks, but up until the end of January was raiding each week. I dunno, I think it is burnout, but I'd still hoped to go back for Dire Maul and stuff. I just got burned out not finding groups for dungeons. That meant my playtime at 60 consisted of some fishing, some herbing, and doing MC/Onyxia once a week. I tried for literally weeks to find a group for Live Strat so I could continue the Fordring quest and get a healing ring. Crickets in guild from tanks (and from the server) if you asked--but then they'd eventually go run something with their healer of choice to help someone else get geared. Not trying to whine; that's probably just the nature of vanilla. So few tanks; a bit cliquish in guilds, etc. I'm hoping TBC will be better, but if not, it's still fun to play up to a certain point.

Yeah, I understand. Admittedly I don't tank as many things as I used to, though i still tank some. The burden just is not evenly spread.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

tower time posted:

Yeah, I understand. Admittedly I don't tank as many things as I used to, though i still tank some. The burden just is not evenly spread.

It was a common problem in vanilla. I only played because my friends did, so we had always had a tank, which was nice. But they no longer play. I could not even get them to try a private server. Of course it has been a long time and most of them still game, but not MMOs.

I might just fart around on PvE horde side until TBCPlay comes out. Are there any goons still playing there?

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

I've been slowly leveling my Hunter up, although gearing's slow atm-with Dire Maul out no one wants to do BRD it seems.

I want to run BRD. I'll message you in-game.

I'm also plinking away at a Orc warrior on PvE named Suge.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
Is this one of the private servers that allowed you to start at level 50?

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
No, the Nostalrius servers are fully Blizzlike, so you have to level up at normal x1 rates. You can't buy gear either.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Brave New World posted:

Nope. Funny that someone posted ITT 'cause I've been leveling a hordie for the last few days.

Are their still goons raiding with <A Few Good Men>?

Hah, I must've really confused their guild leader when I was all "hey man I'm a goon can I join even though I'm level 10?"

I'm playing a troll Priest named Royaljelly, holla if you see me around

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
Nutshot: (i bookmarked all the 2.4 class threads on the sa forums today)
Nutshot: gently caress

Nutshot if you read this thread, you should post them

Phraggah fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

They had their Blizzard Meeting and say they will be announcing how it went next week or so.

• Locked thread