Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I've hit a wall on Bananarama

levels 42, 43 and 44 have been a slog for me

I can't find quests that are green at all

warrior leveling :smith:

I do have some ulda quests though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuribohlv9
Aug 5, 2014
How are things going with the PvE Guild? Are you only end game focused or are there people leveling together?

I've rolled a night elf druid and started leveling and it would be nice with some company on the way.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Kuribohlv9 posted:

How are things going with the PvE Guild? Are you only end game focused or are there people leveling together?

I've rolled a night elf druid and started leveling and it would be nice with some company on the way.

yeah theres plenty of folks leveling. Send someone a whisper and we'll invite you.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

spacemang_spliff posted:

I've hit a wall on Bananarama

levels 42, 43 and 44 have been a slog for me

I can't find quests that are green at all

warrior leveling :smith:

I do have some ulda quests though

Yeah, my plan was to get Griff some levels, but the early 40's are so grindy and my weekend has been spent helping my cousins with house repairs instead of pretending to be a dwarf.

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011
I'm finishing a chunk of nights, so I'll be free (after MC) for the next several days to help any of you guys that need some dungeoning to get through a leveling rut. There are definitely some struggle points, and you often end up having to bounce between zones doing one or two quests at a time to get yourself over the hump.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kuribohlv9 posted:

Grouping has actually been really enjoyable so far. There are a lot of low levels around right now and I've never had to wait that long for help with an elite quest or a dungeon. When I tried out ED a couple years ago I never got too far because I missed the main leveling curve, and many quests were just plain unsoloable because of terrible AI pathing + general server instability. It's much tighter on Nostalrius.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Reminder to everyone: MC tonight at 6pm PST. download discord, as its will be our voice comm. I hope weed and zadiel will return :(

Noirex
May 30, 2006

So I'm thinking of either a druid or priest for healing purposes at 60. What specs would be best for vanilla leveling? Would balance and disc be painful to do?

I can't wait to use wands again :v:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

We have more druids getting to high level than priests. I've heard wand spec is good, and I'm sure someone would run you through BFD early to get the good one.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Noirex posted:

So I'm thinking of either a druid or priest for healing purposes at 60. What specs would be best for vanilla leveling? Would balance and disc be painful to do?

I can't wait to use wands again :v:

I've been using the specs in this album. I think Tanners leveled disc tho, he'll probably have a better answer for you.

mewse
May 2, 2006

What was the anti-spam addon mentioned earlier in the thread?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Wands right now work surprisingly well when you do three things.

1. Figure out where to get a good wand every 5-10 levels. You get a great one in BFD for 20-35. Tell any 60 you need the wand and most will take you there to get it.
2. Get a quiver, the ranged attack speed effects wands. There is an 11% one from a quest in Loch Modan in the hunters lodge.
3. Grab agility when it shows up on cloth. This also effects wands.

As for questing, make sure your checking a DB like AoWoW for each zone in the appropriate level range. If you don't plan on grinding levels at times you have to make sure you get all the chains in the zones, including the ones that start in the major cities and such. The DB list pre and post quest chains as you click on them, on the right side. Just figure out where they start/finish.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 30, 2015

InputDV
Apr 8, 2005

mewse posted:

What was the anti-spam addon mentioned earlier in the thread?

SpamThrottle

Edit: I'll add that you can add any buzzwords to the list, which means you can add goldselling companies that are new since the addon was made AND you can add in words like "muslim" and "trump" or whatever else is trending in LFG when you're playing. It only effects channels, not guild chat.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Another solid raid tonight. Sulf and Golemagg down with Amanduh getting T1 chest and Myself snagging some T1 Bracers.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I know most of you are alliance, but if anyone rolls a Horde character thats where I am and I can help you get started with some bags or whatever. Name is "Kumbo".

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This isn't "PYF screenshot from 2008" thread.

Alternatively: :negative:

Also why don't you have prat? :colbert:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Been working on a dorf Hunter when I need a break from playing good games :v:.

While I haven't reached any area this would be relevant, World PvP never did anything for me. I did enjoy doing AV, even though I wasn't around for the Halycon days of hour-long sessions.

Do the Nostralius servers share Battlegrounds or are they separate.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
The battlegrounds are separate.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
UBRS key acquired :woop:

also please come back weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed we miss you :(

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009
I would like to reiterate my frustration at the game slapping me in the face with all this +fire gear and having the first two raids be fire unfriendly.

Dear Vanilla Wow,
Arrrg.
- Quality

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

MC Tomorrow and Thurs starting at 6pm PST.

We have an UBRS key now but really can't do anything with it unless we prep in advance. So lets try for an UBRS on saturday, 1pm PST. We should have some new 60s by then :)

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Raid in 20 minutes! domo and rag left. Then ony or ony keys after.

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011
For those that weren't around: Domo was a bit of a struggle; the raid wasn't full and we were lacking in healers. I think a lot of it was everyone getting comfortable with positioning more than anything. Took us about 5 wipes, and the successful attempt went really smooth.

Due to the aforementioned lack of healers, and time running out, the plan was to do a couple practice attempts at rag to get used to positioning. First attempt was pretty miserable. Second attempt we got fire resistance from LBRS for melee/tank parties, and we got him down to about 30% before the first submerge (and I died from pulling aggro woops). Sons were dealt with well, and down he went on our second 'practice' attempt.

Quality got some fiery gloves (how much do they add to all your immune pyroblasts?). Ingrid got some T2 pants she can't yet wear. And I think there was some BoE distributing happening after I left.

The plan is to do Onyxia on Sunday at the same time (6pm PST), if you're around. Over the next couple days try to finish your attunement. AFGM are going to help out with this, so if you need Jailbreak or UBRS or anything, we'll try to coordinate with them. Just do a /who and see which of them are on or jump on discord to hassle them. Of note, Gareth said he's happy to help do lots of jailbreaking, and at least Infused and Linkitcraig have keys.

From next week it's going to be refining, speeding up, and farming. Outside of raiding, we'll also try to do some more dungeons together as we have more fresh 60s coming up.

Asclepius fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 4, 2015

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Grats on downing Rag. On Majordomo we actually use hunters to kite some of the melee adds which makes it pretty easy, although our dps warriors are all pretty well-geared so its more raid dps for hunters to kite than have warriors offtank. For Rag we do the opposite of the fire resist UBRS buff - we make sure all the casters have it but don't bother with melee, since melee shouldn't be taking any damage anyway.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
I was supposed to raid heal during the Rag fight but ended up close to the MT, who took tons of damage. Ended up innervating his main priest once and bressing him once. I noticed others not taking as much damage as they did during the Domo fight, so I was trying to help keep the tank up while spot healing around the raid within range. The pants was a nice drop :cool: and I hope to get to 60 asap. To be honest, spending two nights in MC halted my leveling as I got hardly any xp there, but they were light on healing and I was happy to offer my lovely heals, innervates, decurses, and bresses for what they were worth. I'm hoping for 59 tonight and 60 by Sunday.

I'd like to do full BRD tonight after 6:00 PST if anyone is up for that and try to get to 59 and upgrade some gear before hopefully doing the UBRS part of the Ony chain tomorrow.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hit 60 Tuesday night at midnight, and Wednesday after work I was in MC getting bad T1 pants. I'm totally down to do some UBRS this weekend, but won't be on tonight. I think we had one scheduled Saturday afternoon. Also down for any instance, because I have literally only zoned into MC at 60 and my gear is bad.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Hey serperoth I've been wanting to talk but you just aren't around much in game or at the same times. It looks fairly likely that we are going to merge into AFGM to continue raiding and such. They have agreed to make at least one of us an officer to relay any concerns in guild, and SA members will still get an autoinvite to AFGM with no application process or other junk.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
:\

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011

You've said so much already, but please tell us more.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

tower time posted:

Hey serperoth I've been wanting to talk but you just aren't around much in game or at the same times. It looks fairly likely that we are going to merge into AFGM to continue raiding and such. They have agreed to make at least one of us an officer to relay any concerns in guild, and SA members will still get an autoinvite to AFGM with no application process or other junk.

I've been kind of swamped with uni stuff lately, I know. Exams end on the 18th though, and I'll be checking in at least every day or two until that.

If anyone wants to drop and go raiding, feel free. <Gelkis Alliance> will always be open to goons, new or returning, and I'm pretty sure that the people leaving and raiding are still going to be friendly to goonfolk (dungeon runs, etc), and have alts and all that. I'd rather see some of us prosper than all of us wallow. Hoping we get some goon-mass going for in-house raids at some point, but in the immortal words of Scott Steiner "the numbers don't lie".

So yeah.

If you have any questions and stuff, in-game mail is checked every day or two, I don't have plat here, but I always check the thread.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

For those who plan to follow us, we will be going to [A Few Good Men] whom we have been raiding with the past two weeks. Completely voluntary of course. Message masq or povertghost in game for invites.

tower time fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 4, 2015

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

tower time posted:

For those who plan to follow us, we will be going to [A Few Good Men] whom we have been raiding with the past two weeks. Completely voluntary of course, but i expect those of us going will do so next week around the raid.

Hmm, I'm kind of torn. I like AFGM, for sure, but would like to know some things and see more what people in the guild think. They seem like a solid guild with pretty good raid leadership, but last night they kinda made a big deal about people in greens, without realizing that at this point we are new 60s (or in my case, not even yet 60) who have literally not gotten any chance at all to gear up in dungeons. I understand raids are much easier with solidly geared folks, but could do without the little sermons like that. I think most of us are pretty cognizant of where we're at gear-wise and what we need to do. You just need time to finish leveling and to get into some dungeons. I am, at best, a casual gamer, though could probably raid two raid nights a week.

Would they accept goons' humor? Do they have any racism in their guild (typical for Nost)? What kind of loot system do they use? Are most goons on board, or would this be one of those splits? Is there any discussion about this among the guild that's happening in guild chat, or can we go over it here? Lots of us work and stuff and may not be in on how this merger is happening if we miss that guild chat.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Desmond posted:

Would they accept goons' humor? Do they have any racism in their guild (typical for Nost)? What kind of loot system do they use? Are most goons on board, or would this be one of those splits? Is there any discussion about this among the guild that's happening in guild chat, or can we go over it here? Lots of us work and stuff and may not be in on how this merger is happening if we miss that guild chat.

I talked with Pov and Fridg, but the first point is a big reason why I (and many others) don't want pubbies in. Don't know about loot and the like, but from what I understand (tower time knows better), it's not a merger, just some people going over to raid with them, at 60. Alts will probably remain with us.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

So pov and fridg have already left and joined AFGM? I thought it'd be a couple more weeks. I couldn't be bothered to FL anyone because I just turned guild alerts on. Dealing with having people split between two guilds sounds kind of annoying.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Honestly if things do not wind up acceptable in terms of attitudes, Gelkis will remain to return to. Primarily those of us going are doing so to keep raiding rather than being left behind as AFGM grows and no longer needs the assistance of Gelkis. Personally I think it represents our best chance to keep a large number of goons together and active. From my experiences the leadership there is primarily interested in advancing content wise.

They had similar concerns about us in terms of behavior - some joking is fine, overt racism/sexism will earn a mute or guild kick if severe enough. I've not met any true shitlords in the guild. I did explain that some of us are newer 60s and not geared and they understand. They just want people to farm up a reasonable gear level for future raids, or they might prioritize who is better geared or needed more if the raid is entirely full. Masq and myself appreciate the newer (and sub) 60s for coming to help, believe me.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Is it possible to create world-wide chat channels? If so, we should start up a goon one and use that to communicate rather than tells and two gchats. That, or maybe AFGM will let us squat in a channel on their discord.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Yeah. in the past we used /goons so it may be time to revive it.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I can foresee no problems arising from this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

radiatinglines posted:

Is it possible to create world-wide chat channels? If so, we should start up a goon one and use that to communicate rather than tells and two gchats. That, or maybe AFGM will let us squat in a channel on their discord.

/goons exists, and Discord channels and servers are free, I can set us up with a goon server easily.

• Locked thread