Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

Asclepius posted:

You've said so much already, but please tell us more.

chill, nerd.

this is just standard emu goon guild inevitability. it happened on rebirth, ed, and on alli pvp. bummer it happened so quick. was good catching up with old goons again, good luck on stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011
I honestly just wanted to actually hear what you thought, I didn't glean much from your emoticon.

I realise there has been drama in previous guilds on other servers, but I think we can keep it reasonably contained here. I think we have to ask ourselves why we like playing (any game) with goons, and why specifically we like playing vanilla WoW, and then find the best way to ensure, to the satisfaction of the majority, that these things are provided.

For the former, there's a certain sense of community in playing with other goons. Granted, it's a bit arbitrary, but I guess the reasoning (for me, anyway) is that there's more likely to be a shared sense of humour and a certain level of decorum. The actual act of playing the game with you guys is fun, but often it's just a matter of chilling out talking rubbish amongst ourselves that keeps things entertaining. It has to be kept in mind that these traits are not exclusive to goons, and I'm sure we each have a decent poo poo list of goons that we don't mesh well with.

In terms of why I personally am enjoying the game itself, I've never levelled beyond 52 or so on retail or private, so I'm enjoying a new experience, which includes the end game stuff. I'd definitely be having the most fun running around killing ancient firelords while talking the enormous amount of poo poo we do. On the other hand, I can also understand the need to be somewhat serious, as it can be a challenge coordinating such a large number of people.

There's probably a good balance in there to be found, but ultimately it will come down to numbers. I think I was saying this in game earlier, but this is a fairly niche thing we're doing, and everyone has different priorities both in playing the game and in their day to day lives.

Granted this is a bit abrupt, and probably a surprise to most people who are just leveling or who just started raiding. It's something that had been tossed around amongst some of us, although I didn't realise it was going to come about so quickly.

At the moment things still feel a bit weird. It still feels like we're apart from the other AFGM guys. But honestly, so far a lot of them have agreeable personalities, tolerable or even enjoyable humour, and we've already had the most ridiculous, entertaining drunken rambling happen on discord. If there ends up being any insidious douchebaggery that isn't dealt with, then it'll be easy enough for us to take a step back and rethink things. I'd rather not raid with goons than raid with a bunch of rude idiots, if it ever comes down to it.

So why do you like goons, why do you like this game? If you wanna roll an alt, or just take your time leveling a new character, destroy the magram, then it's probably easiest to join Gelkis. If you hit 60 and want to start gearing up, doing some 10 year old end game content, and poop in a sock some more, then you'll be able to rock on over to AFGM and make it happen. Either way, /join Goons, chill out, tell some good spider puns, and we'll still group up and help each other out with everything.

TL;DR: I'm delirious from a lack of sleep, but I like you goons, and the only thing this should change is the ease at which those who want to raid can. I don't think it'll be a big drama like previous servers have had.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Asclepius posted:

TL;DR: I'm delirious from a lack of sleep, but I like you goons, and the only thing this should change is the ease at which those who want to raid can. I don't think it'll be a big drama like previous servers have had.
Yes, why does this cause any drama at all? We don't have enough in Gelkis to raid, and end up finding pug groups to do most dungeons anyway. And if we are all on and prefer to do five or ten mans with each other, nothing is different.

It would be nice if the OP was updated to say that AFGM is where many goons have gone in order to have the numbers to do end game content. Everyone should feel welcome to join them, and there are others leveling up here. Also, can you add that we use /goons?

To me this transition is a test, and so far a kind of humorous one (drunk chick on Discord), but inherently the game does not feel different.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Asclepius posted:

This is exactly how I feel about it. People aren't going over cause they're dicks, they want to raid. The people that came to me are raiding folks, the partnership started with raiding, that's what it is.

Good idea about the OP too, I was thinking about it as well.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
MY PARENTS DONT PAY 15 DOLLARS A MONTH SO I CAN loving WIPE

LETS SEE SOME loving GEARSCORES

Tanners posted:

alternatively we all run off a cliff and end this eternal recursion of private servers

Khako fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 5, 2015

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Tanners posted:

alternatively we all run off a cliff and end this eternal recursion of private servers

I think that Nos PvP & PvE are pretty much the definitive Vanilla servers, and there's never going to be any real competition for them moving forward. A few people might like Fresh Start™ every now and then, but I think that all we'll see from now on are people either transferring between the two Nos servers or just not playing Vanilla period.

Asclepius posted:

In terms of why I personally am enjoying the game itself, I've never levelled beyond 52 or so on retail or private, so I'm enjoying a new experience, which includes the end game stuff. I'd definitely be having the most fun running around killing ancient firelords while talking the enormous amount of poo poo we do. On the other hand, I can also understand the need to be somewhat serious, as it can be a challenge coordinating such a large number of people.
Wow, you're even newer than I am. I can brag that I've been to Outland.

Brave New World fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 6, 2015

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Yeah i don't really think theres gonna be a place to dethrone this for vanilla unless Blizz themselves finally decide to open classic servers.

However if a really good BC server dropped i could see it taking a serious hit to Nost's pop.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Nos is planning to release a TBC server in 2 years or so. :sotw:

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Brave New World posted:

Nos is planning to release a TBC server in 2 years or so. :sotw:

I'll believe it when I see it.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Tanners posted:

However if a really good BC server dropped i could see it taking a serious hit to Nost's pop.

I would go there.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
One of these AFGM guys, a mage, upon hitting 60, said "ding fries are done."

We may have made a terrible mistake.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Mazz posted:

One of these AFGM guys, a mage, upon hitting 60, said "ding fries are done."

We may have made a terrible mistake.

<A Few Good Memes>

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
Sad to see the split but I understand it! Hopefully we'll all migrate back to one guild eventually. As for now I'll continue killing tigers in Stranglethorn for the next 10 levels.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Taking a break for exams, good luck in raids this week.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So I heard through the grapevine that someone in A Few Good Men got the lionheart helm recipe? Could any of you guys in that guild help get in touch with the crafter? I am horde-side but I have all the mats.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Thats true, and the crafter is gareth. Hes pretty reasonable and friendly, i am sure you could work something out.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Tanners posted:

I'll believe it when I see it.

I hear Corecraft is getting ready!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TheShadowAvatar posted:

I hear Corecraft is getting ready!

Any day now! 99% complete!

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Boo, logged in on a Sunday evening and was the sole person online in the guild. Thanks for the short-lived fun though.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Pilsner posted:

Boo, logged in on a Sunday evening and was the sole person online in the guild. Thanks for the short-lived fun though.

We're still here (read the last couple pages).

In other news we downed Onyxia last night, and due to weird luck as a new 60, I now have 2 tier2 pieces. I also have a lot of lovely other gear.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Kat and Niliah i miss you both, log on and stuff. Also wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddd

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

tower time posted:

Kat and Niliah i miss you both, log on and stuff. Also wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddd

AGREED

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
You can move a lot of points around in this build to focus on different things that you want to do but this is the basic one.

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/druid?build=01435000025013000000000000000000505023105013020

Edit: Here's another build you might want to look at.
https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/druid?build=01000000000000005002301000000000055523105115051

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 9, 2015

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Tanreall posted:

You can move a lot of points around in this build to focus on different things that you want to do but this is the basic one.

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/druid?build=01435000025013000000000000000000505023105013020

Edit: Here's another build you might want to look at.
https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/druid?build=01000000000000005002301000000000055523105115051

I was heading toward 0/30/21 until I got to 60, but I just respecced to something like your first spec above (except instead of regrowth I have rejuv points). I'm just testing it to see if the stormrage nature/arcane damage set bonus makes it viable for me to kill stuff in the open world while keeping my feral set in the bank. So far it seems an okay dps spec for soloing, but mostly because of the set bonuses. I also wanted to see if moonglow is better than the intellect buff in the feral tree, for healing. From what I have read, it is.

Also, mathematically, what in the heck does gift of nature do? "Effectiveness in healing" doesn't tell me too much. I don't know if it would be better to do 5 points into that or, as I have it now, like 2 points into it and 3 into improved rejuv.

Well now I do have 5 pts into Mark of the Wild. I don't think any other raiding druids have it right now. Guess I can be a buff bot!

I already miss popping into bear and cat form though, and chose the druid for that reason, so I don't know if I'll stay this spec.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Gift of nature is a buff to all of the base healing spells. So, rank 10 HT would go from 1890 - 2230 to 2079 - 2453 before +healing is added in. I don't like Improved Rejuvenation because other Druids can and will over write your Rejuvenation since only one can be active at a time.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Tanreall posted:

Gift of nature is a buff to all of the base healing spells. So, rank 10 HT would go from 1890 - 2230 to 2079 - 2453 before +healing is added in. I don't like Improved Rejuvenation because other Druids can and will over write your Rejuvenation since only one can be active at a time.

Do you know if this patch stacks gift of nature with +healing?

Also, I believe that the strongest rejuvenation cannot be written over.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I have definitely gotten messages saying a more powerful rejuv is active. I plan on trying the moonglow spec, and I'll put the points in motw so you won't be the only one buffing. I'm having dinner with family and won't be able to make the raid tonight, sadly. I will probably be able to show up tomorrow to finish MC, but still need UBRS for ony attunement. I'll log on when I get back tonight and maybe if MC goes quick people will want to UBRS.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Desmond posted:

Do you know if this patch stacks gift of nature with +healing?

Also, I believe that the strongest rejuvenation cannot be written over.

I don't know what you mean by stack. It'll raise the base heal by a % and then that number will be affected by +healing. That's how I remember it working. We'll have to test the rejuvenation thing out during the raid.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Grats on loot everyone. I lost my might chest to a misclick :(

We got up to domo in 3 hours, so we just have rag and onyxia to do tomorrow.

Things in AFGM have largely been smooth, though not perfect. Quality got pushed out of the raid because he was fire specced. They are perhaps a little more focused on efficiency and advancement than many of us, but it has been mostly a fun and calm environment to raid and play in.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
That's pretty lame. Figured off spec stuff was fine since we have ret Paladins and a true blue feral Druid.

As far as I can tell Rejuvenation will be over written by any Druid. The only time I got that message to pop up was when I down ranked my Rejuvenation spell.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Tanreall posted:

Figured off spec stuff was fine since we have ret Paladins and a true blue feral Druid.

"They bring utility." -Mage Class Leader

MC and Ony Cleared, BUT WE NEED ALL THE DAMAGE WE CAN GET! Except, ya know, ret pally/feral is ok cause "utility".

Decurse, sheep, AoE, and more damage is not utility.

Why no, I'm not bitter. Why do you ask?

I'm glad A Few Good Gelkis are getting gear though.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah all this poo poo about gear and specs is pretty stupid when MC is on farm status and there won't be another raid instance for months.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Tanreall posted:

I don't know what you mean by stack. It'll raise the base heal by a % and then that number will be affected by +healing. That's how I remember it working. We'll have to test the rejuvenation thing out during the raid.

About stacking, I had read something on the Nost forums. Also, when I threw a test rejuv on you last night, it was a downranked one.

Quality, that sucks. I fully expect that with all these new priests coming in that the healers will also get trimmed. I have some purps but hardly any +healing gear at the moment, so I'm still one of the lower healers on the totem pole. It's okay, since I am not too competitive really. I think when Dire Maul comes out, there's some nice healing stuff there. Even the druid class quest has a good healing chest, but the class quests aren't out until next month or something? Anyway, it would be nice to have enough people in gelkis to raid.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Desmond posted:

Even the druid class quest has a good healing chest, but the class quests aren't out until next month or something?

August, I think it's patch 1.8 for class quests.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
My interest in playing is falling off quickly since the merge, only like 5-6 people around anymore that I actually care to speak to. Come back goons.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Yall shoulda gone Horde.

Jackdonkey
May 31, 2007
I'm too retarded to talk to anyone in game. I made to level 24 playing alliance and just couldn't stand it anymore so I went Horde.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Got my paladin to 40 last night. I've leveled two priests, a warlock, a hunter, and a shaman to 60, never thought I'd be working on a pally. Getting my horsey will make the rest of the grind better.

fryorama
Nov 8, 2011

This is us.
yo i'm 30, pally, on the pve server. who do i need to whisper to join up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Masq, Infused, and PovertyGhost can all invite I think.

• Locked thread