Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

A Tartan Tory posted:

I demand we call the guild [Effort] because :effort:

[Effetes of Strength]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

A Tartan Tory posted:

I can't decide between Druid or Paladin. :smith:

Also, if I may suggest another guild name, which I suggested for one of our PS2 outfits: [Low Tax Low Effort]. Extra applicable because ya know, D&T.

[Low Tax Low Effort] is a name that resonates well with me, because it reminds me of having little income, and being lazy.

V: I thought about [Life and Money] which sounds like a JoJo Stand. [Love And Money] is a song too, actually. Maybe [Life And Ayn Rand] would be close?

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 28, 2015

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
What's the opposite of taxes? [Life and Salary]? [Life and Paychecks]?

Could go pure vanilla experience and have a guild with a whole load of special characters [ľěëť ðřéåm țêäm].

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
[Death and Gravity]

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Billy Elliot posted:

What's the opposite of taxes? [Life and Salary]? [Life and Paychecks]?

Could go pure vanilla experience and have a guild with a whole load of special characters [ľěëť ðřéåm țêäm].

[TEA PARTY]

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
It looks like the new server will be about 60/40 in favour of Alliance. :ohdear:

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
[Less Than Three]

(Old school vanilla, old school name?)

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Goonies references [Never Say Die] or less iconic [What About the Loot] which happens to work well within the context of MMOs.

[1g1g1g] Lots of hate for gold farmers and a throw back to vanilla WoW Goon Squad on Mal'Ganis.

[Kronos Refuges] Always fun to stir the pot.

[88 Million] Reference to Blizzard winning a lawsuit against Scapegaming and being awarded 88 million dollars.

I don't know if you can have numbers in the name but you could just spell them out or use roman numerals. I'll be playing a Druid when this goes live.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
We could always be [Common Denominators] or [Dwarf Invasion] (both Reggie and the Full Effect references) and be a guild made up entirely of gnomes and dwarves and the token NE druids.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Nah I'm almost certainly gonna play a night elf hunter so that nixes that

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

Nah I'm almost certainly gonna play a night elf hunter so that nixes that

Literally the cancer of the Alliance.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Hooray PVE, the only environment playing Ally Warlock isn't a total nightmare.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

boho posted:

Hooray PVE, the only environment playing Ally Warlock isn't a total nightmare.

I played Alliance warlock on pvp before, it was fun...if you had magic dust, murloc nets and free action potions.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

A Tartan Tory posted:

I played Alliance warlock on pvp before, it was fun...if you had magic dust, murloc nets and free action potions.

Haha, that's too drat :effort: for me these days.

I want to be Human for Diplomacy but I don't know if I can do Elwynn-Westfall-Redridge-Duskwood again. Thank god for the Deeprun Tram.

Last time I was a 60 lock in vanilla, Robe of the Void was the hotness, which made Tailoring mandatory for Warlocks. Was that true, or did I get pubbie'd?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

boho posted:

Haha, that's too drat :effort: for me these days.

I want to be Human for Diplomacy but I don't know if I can do Elwynn-Westfall-Redridge-Duskwood again. Thank god for the Deeprun Tram.

Last time I was a 60 lock in vanilla, Robe of the Void was the hotness, which made Tailoring mandatory for Warlocks. Was that true, or did I get pubbie'd?

Robe of the Void was pretty amazing yeah. But Robe of Volatile power is really good too, Bloodvine invalidates both when you get to ZG(which also requires tailoring)

Kms
Sep 2, 2014

cats, 69, 420, lgw, WoW sucks but I keep coming back, just payed five dollars for this
Catdrugs should still be the guild name.

weato
Oct 29, 2010
<Poached Goons>

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

weato posted:

<Poached Goons>

10/10

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
A dev announced that they would announce by the end of this weekend something about the new pve server. :f5:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Desmond posted:

A dev announced that they would announce by the end of this weekend something about the new pve server. :f5:

So the very last hour of Sunday evening, in Hawaii time then?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

A Tartan Tory posted:

So the very last hour of Sunday evening, in Hawaii time then?

Yes, and the announcement will be "Coming in 2016!"

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Given the shitfits some folks are having in the server's subforum, I'd wait to make the announcement until Tuesday just to watch the meltdowns.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Stormrage has announced its pve server will open this month. I think it's their main priority, whereas Nost's seems to be the pvp side. So I may check out both and see which one is the best.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Desmond posted:

Stormrage has announced its pve server will open this month. I think it's their main priority, whereas Nost's seems to be the pvp side. So I may check out both and see which one is the best.

Eh, I'm still down for Nost, mostly because it's basically guaranteed to have pop, plus it'll be 1.4 and not yet another 1.12.1 server.

Plus all the buggy poo poo gets tested on the pvp guys first!

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

The guild name should pay homage to the mighty gelkis centaurs of desolace. <Gelkis Allies> will let everyone know exactly where we stand regarding magram scum.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

tower time posted:

The guild name should pay homage to the mighty gelkis centaurs of desolace. <Gelkis Allies> will let everyone know exactly where we stand regarding magram scum.

Yes, ban all Magram Sympathizers.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Trailer with date announced, 10/17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvxyiWS5Ao

v I've already splintered IRL

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 3, 2015

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Who wants to start the inevitable goon splinter ahead of time?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

A Tartan Tory posted:

Eh, I'm still down for Nost, mostly because it's basically guaranteed to have pop, plus it'll be 1.4 and not yet another 1.12.1 server.

Plus all the buggy poo poo gets tested on the pvp guys first!

Were the talents different in 1.4? Is it the kind of situation where we'll be respeccing after a while when they update?

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
FML, of course the weekend I'm gone is the weekend it starts up. Really wanted to have that release day experience (as in server making GBS threads itself) all over.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Alright so we have ourselves a timeline. Two weeks.

-We've already picked Alliance
-We need a guild name.
-No poaching of Tanners's goones from the PvP thread.

Any other things to be taken care of? I'll be playing my traditional Mage (and Tailoring for the lowbies, hit me up at lvl 15 for that sweet sweet Grey Woolen Robe). Worth it to go Gnome over Human for the extra 10% Int? 10% rep doesn't SOUND like a lot but it kinda feels important.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
<Winterspring is Coming>

I am terrible at this. Yay for a release date though!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm looking forward to playing a human 'all the way through'; I've stuck my toes in the wow water but I'll be in the 'never played before' camps. I actually just made a human mage on the pvp server a couple days ago but I'll almost certainly switch when pve goes live, probably roll up a paladin this time so I can be more versatile in pick up groups.

I know mmo's don't really "end" but I want to build up a human and take them all though to the final boss; it's something I've never done and my knowledge of the game pretty much ends after westfall/a bit of red ridge, can't wait.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Serperoth posted:

Alright so we have ourselves a timeline. Two weeks.

-We've already picked Alliance
-We need a guild name.
-No poaching of Tanners's goones from the PvP thread.

Any other things to be taken care of? I'll be playing my traditional Mage (and Tailoring for the lowbies, hit me up at lvl 15 for that sweet sweet Grey Woolen Robe). Worth it to go Gnome over Human for the extra 10% Int? 10% rep doesn't SOUND like a lot but it kinda feels important.

-All Warriors, Paladins, Rogues, Hunters and Priests MUST ROLL FEMDWARF.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

-All Warriors, Paladins, Rogues, Hunters and Priests MUST ROLL FEMDWARF.

I presume you mean stuff besides the obvious. I mean I'm not going to add "WoW is a video game" to the OP.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Serperoth posted:

[WoW is a Video Game]

Obviously the best guild name yet.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
I'd make a reference to Wildstar somehow but I'm coming up blank.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Westminster System posted:

I'd make a reference to Wildstar somehow but I'm coming up blank.

<Black Tooth Grin Clan>

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Tanreall posted:

Obviously the best guild name yet.

I actually really like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies