Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Trump is a secret liberal and is really to the left of Hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Either way with Hillary or Trump you'll get nothing but incredibly basic lip service and empty promises to things Americans want, while they hobnob with the grand poobahs and cement their "legacy" as far as preparing to make 50x more money when they leave.

Trump is good for the materialists, since he'd venerate mindless consumerism. poo poo, he would probably do paid ads from the Oval Office.

Hillary is good if you're a newborn to political realities and have no idea how anything works, and you think just because she says liberal causes are awesome that she's not actually shaking hands with the guys that do the opposite all day long.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

zeal posted:

[citation needed]

Common sense and every other appointed justice by a Democrat prob.

az
Dec 2, 2005

gar-
bage
dick

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Peztopiary posted:

If your question had to do with the first part, it's official Republican dogma that the GBTLs must be stopped at all costs from being full citizens and thus full participants in the economy. Same with all other minorities. A second class citizen cannot fully participate in glorious Capitalism. That the Republicans don't recognize this is just one more reason to make sure they don't gain more power.

You are so stupid I'm actually having to defend republicans here.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't get the impression that Trump cares about LGBTQ at all though.

He doesn't, which is one of the reasons why he's the frontrunner and popular among millennials.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Hill-Dawg sounds better than T-Rump.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Bill Clinton would be First Bro which would kinda rule

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Trump can and will pass liberal policy by phrasing it in conservative ways. I believe this to be true.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

MrBims posted:

List of things Hillary Clinton has done in service of gay, lesbian, bisexual or trans people:

being the last democrat in favor of gay marriage was pretty brave

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Vote Vermin Supreme you loving mongo

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

crazy eights posted:

I would seriously like to know.

Would you rather have Clinton picking supreme court judges or Donald Trump?

Actually thinking on it that's a bad question. I'd love to see Snoop Dogg on the supreme court.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Immortan posted:

You are so stupid I'm actually having to defend republicans here.

So LGBT marriage inequality isn't a plank in the official Republican party platform?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Peztopiary posted:

Letting LGBT people be regular members of society as opposed to second class (at best!) ones means that money they'd currently spend fighting the government can instead be spent on whatever economic boosting thing. Like, every dollar spent fighting against Republican bullshit is a dollar that'd be worth more spent on something else. Caterers are probably better for the economy than lawyers.

If your question had to do with the first part, it's official Republican dogma that the GBTLs must be stopped at all costs from being full citizens and thus full participants in the economy. Same with all other minorities. A second class citizen cannot fully participate in glorious Capitalism. That the Republicans don't recognize this is just one more reason to make sure they don't gain more power.

this is a hilarious post because hilary clinton supports the oligarchs that would erode the american middle class thereby turning us all into second class citizens

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i really doubt clinton will ever even acknowledge the existence of transpeople.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

stoutfish posted:

i really doubt clinton will ever even acknowledge the existence of transpeople.

she will if focus groups say trans is in this season

crazy eights
Aug 23, 2015

by Lowtax

stoutfish posted:

this is a hilarious post because hilary clinton supports the oligarchs that would erode the american middle class thereby turning us all into second class citizens

Yeah lol

crazy eights
Aug 23, 2015

by Lowtax
so not one legitimate reason.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im gay

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

crazy eights posted:

define legitimate, because i'd consider the threat donald trump poses to the interior decorating of historic federal buildings to be a legitimate enough reason

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

our nation cannot afford that much gold leaf

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

crazy eights posted:

Can you give me even one legitimate reason I should vote anything other than 1 for this thread?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

crazy eights posted:

It's kind of hard to say since both Clinton and Trump are campaigning on personality rather than issues.

If they are the nominees, I'd try to choose the one that would be less likely to start a war with Iran (or anyone else) and would be more likely to address wealth inequality. I can''t say at this point who, between Clinton and Trump, would be a better choice on these issues.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

NotWearingPants posted:

It's kind of hard to say since both Clinton and Trump are campaigning on personality rather than issues.

lmao Please describe the "personality" that :shillary: is campaigning on. She comes off as nothing more than a scripted shill for her donors every time she speaks.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Immortan posted:

lmao Please describe the "personality" that :shillary: is campaigning on. She comes off as nothing more than a scripted shill for her donors every time she speaks.

good point. "Personality" is not correct. She is campaigning on "life story" and "experience" and "has a vagina".

But I think my main point on how neither Trump nor Clinton are addressing issues is valid.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
:shillary:'s vagina is about the only thing she has going for her (this isn't a bad thing).

crazy eights
Aug 23, 2015

by Lowtax
Just heard trump on the radio talking about reducing taxes on the middle class and increasing them on hedge fund managers. He said the compensation levels of executives are a "disgrace" or something so yeah he's left of Clinton and I will have to vote for him in 2016 if it comes to that.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
The story of America is getting kind of tedious at this point. I'm voting for Trump just to move the plot along.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Nessus posted:

hilldawg's SCOTUS justices will probably be less prone to rule that corporations are people and living human beings aren't, etc.

probably won't invade Iran

fewer giant racist walls

Actually Trump is the one talking about taxing the rich and helping out the middle class.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

this.

Peztopiary posted:

gently caress you if you'd rather condemn millions to starvation and death than thousands.

Exactly, trumps record on the iraq war is much better than hillarity

tsa has issued a correction as of 20:02 on Sep 13, 2015

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Miltank posted:

Trump can and will pass liberal policy by phrasing it in conservative ways. I believe this to be true.

Only trump can go to china pass universal health care.

Deep Hurting posted:

Can you give me even one legitimate reason I should vote anything other than 1 for this thread?

your cartoons aren't in it so why would you vote 1

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

tsa posted:

your cartoons aren't in it so why would you vote 1

Now you've done it. Its only a matter of time before he posts a biting caricature of Donald Trump riding a tricycle, followed by a three page essay on how newspapers are corrupt and fail to recognize his genius.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

If the reasons aren't legitimate the election has ways of shutting the whole thing down

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Nessus posted:

hilldawg's SCOTUS justices will probably be less prone to rule that corporations are people and living human beings aren't, etc.

zeal posted:

[citation needed]

Well, if you really want to know, justices appointed by democrats are far more likely to vote against deregulation, in both campaign finance and private sector, most notably in landmark cases. The gradual erosion in one direction another may be arguably bipartisan, but the big cases (where entire policy shifts are made) are far more likely to occur along bipartisan lines.

In fact, in the very case you're calling ambiguous, two of the 4 justices who voted against CI were Clinton appointees. I fail to see Hillary's appointees having large ideological differences from all precedent.

If you want to know more or fact check what I'm saying, http://scotusblog.com.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Also, the economy has always improved under democrats (going back 86 years). There's too many factors to call it causation in a laboratory- but it's a schmactoid republicans ignore and democrats shouldn't. I honestly don't know why debates aren't just the democratic nominee walking out with a t-shirt with this on it, and dropping a mic. The 'explicitly factual' thing would hardly stop Trump from doing it. I've yet to see any meta analysis of economic growth that disputes this.

Plus, a war with Iran and loving destroying diplomacy with mexico, going back to blindly supporting Israel... and everything else people have said (human rights, Cuba, healthcare, economy). If you have a kid or know a kid who's 10 years old, imagine him/her dead in Iran in 8 years.

If that's not reason enough, you'll most likely have more wealth in the long term with a democratic president, your kids will be able to afford school better, and if you do try to kill yourself, as you probably should- you will have better odds at being covered at your ER visit.

Umph has issued a correction as of 02:19 on Sep 14, 2015

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
Hillary Clinton will ban videogames and guns. If you don't like those things you should vote for her.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I just think we need to break the monopoly of big political families. I am strongly against Clinton and Bush, for example, because they're from an embedded political dynasty.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

The Saurus posted:

I just think we need to break the monopoly of big political families. I am strongly against Clinton and Bush, for example, because they're from an embedded political dynasty.

Bush is from a big political dynasty (goes back generations, whole family involved in politics one way or another). Clinton is not. No one in her family except her husband is a politician, and no one in his family is except his wife.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Saurus posted:

Noted established political families strangling America through the monopoly of Political dynasty:
  • Obamas
  • Bushes
  • Clintons
  • Bushes
  • Reagans
  • Carters
  • Fords
  • Nixons
  • Texas Johnsons
  • Kennedys
  • Eisenhowers
  • Trumans
  • Roosevelts
  • Hoovers
  • Coolidges*
  • Hardings
  • Wilsons
  • Tafts
  • Roosevelts
  • McKinleys

*Family was actually big shits in Vermont/New Hampshire. Discounted for political dynasty.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Dynasties can have been founded recently, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peztopiary posted:

If you actually need convincing on this point then your basic principles are so abstruse as to make elucidating the superiority of any Democrat over any Republican a complete waste of time and resources that could be better spent on almost anything.

• Locked thread