Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm gonna upgrade to Windows X tomorrow because it sounds cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
don't bro

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
alright

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I've been using windows 10, it's nice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i heard it sends nudes of your mum to be masturbated to by the staff at microsoft

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
no mom not again

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I did it, I'm on Windows X.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
whats it like

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
wibdows SEX

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
synthy no :ohdear:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Triglav posted:

whats it like

YOSPOS looks pretty sick with the new taskbar.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

did u install the aerolite theme yet?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

did u install the aerolite theme yet?

no and i don't know how

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

http://winaero.com/blog/enable-the-hidden-aero-lite-theme-in-windows-10/

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

are those screenshots what it actually looks like? i dunno, i kinda like the default right now..

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

that's fine I just wanted colored window borders back

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

any other kewl tweaks i can do to make Windows X match my personality?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

change the startup sound to a sound of your choice

unless you already like it as it is :)

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
u can change the wallpaper if u want, and get this: it doesnt even cost a cent, unlike wall-paper in real life

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

obstipator posted:

u can change the wallpaper if u want, and get this: it doesnt even cost a cent, unlike wall-paper in real life

can confirm

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmm I can do that on windows 7

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I did it, I'm on Windows X.

grats, OP. some of these guys are too scared to jump in like that.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
All the FUD surrounding it is hilarious. I vaguely remember a huge hubbub when XP came out but can't remember what it was exactly.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

install server 2016 then follow the steps here: http://win2k3.msfn.org/

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ive got it op. its cool but I wish u could make the window title bars the same color/transparency as the start menu/task bar. that would be insane ownage.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Windows x? lol welcome to the 70s. its all about windows Wayland now

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Yaos posted:

All the FUD surrounding it is hilarious. I vaguely remember a huge hubbub when XP came out but can't remember what it was exactly.

activation sends your UNIQUE IDENTIFIERS to microsoft

also steve gibson said something about raw sockets breaking the internet forever but unfortunately that didn't happen

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
win 10 is chill

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Yaos posted:

people were saying theres ads in it but there aren't. I think maybe they have like pirated versions or something

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
win ten for the freqking WIN!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yospos

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i miss the charms bar. i love to "swipe in" on my windows 8 tablets, touchscreen laptops, and convertible 2-in-1 hybrids, and i won't upgrade until i can do the same on windows ten. the charms bar is important to me

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

As a Millennial I posted:

i miss the charms bar. i love to "swipe in" on my windows 8 tablets, touchscreen laptops, and convertible 2-in-1 hybrids, and i won't upgrade until i can do the same on windows ten. the charms bar is important to me

I miss the got drat full screen start menu. Drilling thru 5 layers of menus ..... So very fukn archaic, full screen big fukn icons, I know "where" it is because its grouped logicaly and I can swipe /gesture to it in a fraction if the time. drat you conservative backward lazy users.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
its called the x window system, op

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

url posted:

I miss the got drat full screen start menu. Drilling thru 5 layers of menus ..... So very fukn archaic, full screen big fukn icons, I know "where" it is because its grouped logicaly and I can swipe /gesture to it in a fraction if the time. drat you conservative backward lazy users.

windows 8 is really good, and it's disappointing that microsoft listened to a bunch of freakin trolls and luddites.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

windows 8 is really good, and it's disappointing that microsoft listened to a bunch of freakin trolls and luddites.

Sad :hf:

Spatial beats menus every time, millions of dollars pissed away because if negative pr campaigning from the wannabes.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

url posted:

settings, personalization, "use fullscreen start when in the desktop"

but also this

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

lol @ all those "the traditional icons-on-a-desktop setup needs to die" articles on tech sites

now the desktop is cool again

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm gonna upgrade to XWindows tomorrow because it sounds cool. :rms2:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Shaggar posted:

people were saying theres ads in it but there aren't. I think maybe they have like pirated versions or something

there's ads in the solitaire game and it also sometimes has notifications to try office 365 but those are easy to ignore/disable

• Locked thread