Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
i like it but it's using my live account which is also my hotmail account which is also my microsoft account so the picture is a photo of ian curtis i used as an msn avatar in 2005

now i get a little sad whenever i log in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
most of the ads are the default live tiles and the cortana search bar's default settings, recommending apps and articles to read on msn about duck dynasty or whatever

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Blackula69 posted:

i like it but it's using my live account which is also my hotmail account which is also my microsoft account so the picture is a photo of ian curtis i used as an msn avatar in 2005

now i get a little sad whenever i log in

the power is yours to change

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Triglav posted:

most of the ads are the default live tiles and the cortana search bar's default settings, recommending apps and articles to read on msn about duck dynasty or whatever

i find it hard to believe anyone keeps those around upon noticing them

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
steve gibson is a hack

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i find it hard to believe anyone keeps those around upon noticing them

heres opt-out vs opt-in organ donation

defaults are powerful

pram
Jun 10, 2001
fuckin swedes are greedy organ hoarders

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao my wife used to work in intensive care and actually see what bodies have to go trough to organ donate. ithink she said "we aren't organ doning ok" not that anyone wants my kidneys

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

its not like you need them anymore

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my grieving family wants them for down payment on my funeral bill

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hard to believe he's really al pacinos brother

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

idgi

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Sep 15, 2015

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

echinopsis posted:

lmao my wife used to work in intensive care and actually see what bodies have to go trough to organ donate. ithink she said "we aren't organ doning ok" not that anyone wants my kidneys

uh who cares? if you get a proper funeral you'll be ashes anyway

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo bro are you implying we just bury our dead in the backyard here in nz

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
install whatever you like, your os is still a piece of poo poo.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

poo poo bro are you implying we just bury our dead in the backyard here in nz

all the dead go in the big rugby ball pub

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

echinopsis posted:

this is bs. donate your organs idiot, it's not like you need them and your body is probably all hosed up anyway because you're dead. why would someone in the icu ever see them extracting organs anyway? it's no more gruesome than open-heart surgery

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

open heart surgery is pretty gruesome and im sqeaumish around blood

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

good thing it's just a dead body then and you will never have anything to do with it and thousands of lives will be saved

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

its not just *a* dead body its mine.

Equal rights for unborn women. Equal rights for recently deceased women.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

here you sign up to be a donor but they still need permission from your next of kin. and they harvest after the autopsy, which they probably dont do on a gurney in icu

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i wonder if organ harvester is an offical job title somewhere

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i let my parents know that i wanted my organs donated and they're cool with it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Royal Tenenbaums FTW

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Condiv posted:

i wonder if organ harvester is an offical job title somewhere

it's just a normal surgeon team. you just dont put things back in

echi's wife probably had to monitor heart rates and urine and stuff of beating-heart donors so im guessing thats what freaked her out. death is defined as brain death, lack of stimulus response and an inability to breathe without respirators, and beating-heart donors are kept on life support for hours or days before harvesting. dying with a beating heart is the preferred method of death for donors cuz then more can be harvested. sometimes removing an organ will cause the deceased to start breathing on their own again lol

occasionally pregnant ladies die but are kept on life support til the baby has gestated enough for a safe c-section

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Triglav posted:

it's just a normal surgeon team. you just dont put things back in

echi's wife probably had to monitor heart rates and urine and stuff of beating-heart donors so im guessing thats what freaked her out. death is defined as brain death, lack of stimulus response and an inability to breathe without respirators, and beating-heart donors are kept on life support for hours or days before harvesting. dying with a beating heart is the preferred method of death for donors cuz then more can be harvested. sometimes removing an organ will cause the deceased to start breathing on their own again lol

occasionally pregnant ladies die but are kept on life support til the baby has gestated enough for a safe c-section

doesn't change that organ harvester would be a :black101: job title

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
how prevalent are metro apps in win 10? my parents bought a windows 8.1 pc and even when you are on the desktop if you double click on a photo to view it, it opens a bullshit full screen metro photo library app. and for some reason there's a metro specific control panel with some settings in it that arent in the regular control panel. so you have to memorize which settings panel to use when you want to change something.

basically i just want a windows 7 with the improvements of windows 10 but with none of the metro touchscreen garbage additions. is it possible?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i haven't used Windows X much since upgrading but it seems to not be nearly as app focused as Win8. it does come with their Picture/Music/Video Apps but you don't have to use them once you set default programs

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
all the metro apps are still there they just run in windows instead of forced fullscreen now. edge, the photo viewer, the xbox app, and the calculator are all modern apps

it's why edge has this quirk of not being able to drag images into it to upload things to sites

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

groove music is pretty OK. not amazing but I haven't felt like installing foobar yet

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

BANME.sh posted:

how prevalent are metro apps in win 10? my parents bought a windows 8.1 pc and even when you are on the desktop if you double click on a photo to view it, it opens a bullshit full screen metro photo library app. and for some reason there's a metro specific control panel with some settings in it that arent in the regular control panel. so you have to memorize which settings panel to use when you want to change something.

basically i just want a windows 7 with the improvements of windows 10 but with none of the metro touchscreen garbage additions. is it possible?

it's not full-screen. the photos app is resizeable, it just looks metro

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blackula69 posted:

this is bs. donate your organs idiot, it's not like you need them and your body is probably all hosed up anyway because you're dead. why would someone in the icu ever see them extracting organs anyway? it's no more gruesome than open-heart surgery

even if the patients has "donate me" tattooed on their chest if a family member says no it wont happen

youre completely disregarding the universal human condition of grief and caring about a loved one. its not about the person, its about everyone who cares about them

pram
Jun 10, 2001
DEEEERRRRR

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the "joke" here is that in this scene he says "i'm going to kill myself tomorrow" which is also the exact title of this thread

thank you

pram
Jun 10, 2001
please take your brain medicine kevin

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

pram posted:

DEEEERRRRR

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

echinopsis posted:

youre completely disregarding the universal human condition of grief and caring about a loved one. its not about the person, its about everyone who cares about them

no i'm not. i'm going to be sad when people in my family die and also i'm going to think "gee, it will be nice if they can save a life too"

who cares about a dead body, you're going to burn it anyway so you may as well give the gift of life to someone else. grief doesn't really have much to do with it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

pram posted:

please take your brain medicine kevin

no joke i just went to the kitchen an got my modafinil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

no i'm not. i'm going to be sad when people in my family die and also i'm going to think "gee, it will be nice if they can save a life too"

who cares about a dead body, you're going to burn it anyway so you may as well give the gift of life to someone else. grief doesn't really have much to do with it

i want to be preserved or buried... just in case there's a zombie apocalypse... i know it's selfish but if there's even a chance i could be resurrected by science or spooky horror movie stuff then i can't have my organs scattered around the globe!

• Locked thread