Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i dont like the ads in windows 10. maybe theyre easy to turn off but i would rather not have ads in an OS i paid for in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
Donate your organs and be grateful that in death someone found more use for your pasty flab husk than you ever did for it in life.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

BooLoo posted:

Donate your organs and be grateful that in death someone found more use for your pasty flab husk than you ever did for it in life.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blackula69 posted:

no i'm not. i'm going to be sad when people in my family die and also i'm going to think "gee, it will be nice if they can save a life too"

who cares about a dead body, you're going to burn it anyway so you may as well give the gift of life to someone else. grief doesn't really have much to do with it

most people aren';t like you then coz my wife, the person with real life experience of seeing this happen dozens of times disagrees with your theoretical opinion (from an emotionless husk i might add)

BooLoo posted:

no one wants my diabetic organs, or my blood :smugmrgw:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

my organs are mine

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
sounds like you and your wife were made for each other echi

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe. made by the same parents

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

PleasureKevin posted:

i want to be preserved or buried... just in case there's a zombie apocalypse... i know it's selfish but if there's even a chance i could be resurrected by science or spooky horror movie stuff then i can't have my organs scattered around the globe!
i've encountered plenty of baptists that don't believe in organ donation or cremation because they believe that your body is needed for jesus' return

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes that is true. for more info consult the nicene creed

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

echinopsis posted:

most people aren';t like you then coz my wife, the person with real life experience of seeing this happen dozens of times disagrees with your theoretical opinion (from an emotionless husk i might add)

no one wants my diabetic organs, or my blood :smugmrgw:

theyll still take your eyes if youre diabetic

Phoenixan posted:

i've encountered plenty of baptists that don't believe in organ donation or cremation because they believe that your body is needed for jesus' return

some jews are like this too plus or minus foreskins

sometimes foreskins are buried in the yard under a baby tree. the baby tree is your dead grandparent's soul or whoever you were named after or whatever. hopefully you dont move lol

amputees will bury their amputated limbs in the family plot they plan to be buried in

cremation is a touchy issue

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

echinopsis posted:

lmao my wife used to work in intensive care and actually see what bodies have to go trough to organ donate. ithink she said "we aren't organ doning ok" not that anyone wants my kidneys

I organ donate but I'm planning to ruin them so much that no one will want them

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

BooLoo posted:

gently caress you I want my organs to subtlety poison the recipient

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
gently caress you organ havers!!!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
umm yeah. id like to re-rail this thread back to its original topic. which was. uh diabetes?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i used to drink entire tins of condensed milk as a youth. i drank energy drinks before they were cool AMA

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

do you still feel the heart palpitations

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
only when high af

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
i hate how blurry text is in chrome on windows 10

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

BANME.sh posted:

how prevalent are metro apps in win 10? my parents bought a windows 8.1 pc and even when you are on the desktop if you double click on a photo to view it, it opens a bullshit full screen metro photo library app. and for some reason there's a metro specific control panel with some settings in it that arent in the regular control panel. so you have to memorize which settings panel to use when you want to change something.

basically i just want a windows 7 with the improvements of windows 10 but with none of the metro touchscreen garbage additions. is it possible?

install windows 7. there are no worthwhile improvements in windows 10.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Phoenixan posted:

yeah i was raised partially in a baptist church and they made it seem like the rapture was coming any day so maybe that's why.

i mean i know it's not logical and i'll probably donate my organs.. once they implant my brain in a robot body

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hopefully that robot cant post

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

pram posted:

hopefully that robot cant post

of course not. posting will be outdated. you and i will simply connect our direct mint-to-mind interface

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:whitewater:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

PleasureKevin posted:

mint-to-mind interface
i will never sully my cerebrum with the touch of a linux

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

of course not. posting will be outdated. you and i will simply connect our direct mint-to-mind interface

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

which opne are yuou?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

me for sure

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
khazakstan is so interesting in that those people look normal and not like borat and they have big buildings in their city rather than shacks

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

no dont

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

cool

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i want my computer to look like that so everyone asks me about it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a guy showing the lone girl in my c programming class his laptop running ubuntu. i'll never forget

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Maximum Leader posted:

i hate how blurry text is in chrome on windows 10

i dont know what youre comparing it to, but for whatever reason chrome uses a custom text rendering engine that makes text thinner, no matter the operating system

if youre comparing it to windows vista or windows 7 cleartype, cleartype was changed in windows 8 to make the orange and blue hinting less intense because people complained they could see it on their lovely 24" 1080p screens with huge pixels. i dont think chromes a modern/metro app so it wouldnt be using the other greyscale-only version of cleartype

so chrome on windows 10 and 8 has even thinner text than chrome on windows 7 and vista did, or chrome on osx or ubuntu or whatever does

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my text looks fine to me.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
the text in the start menu, cortana, and whatever other modern app doesn't even use cleartype lol

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

mods plz rename me to "sexeyes" and my avatar being two eyes that move around then up out of site

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
actually since it's for me have the eyes go up and down for a onceover then look disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Phoenixan posted:

the text in the start menu, cortana, and whatever other modern app doesn't even use cleartype lol

it uses the modern/metro greyscale-only cleartype. idk if it has a different name

• Locked thread