Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Search the hanged man, surely he stashed something good on his person before he was hung upside down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Cut his rear end down, we're on the edge here!

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 13 – Plot advancement at last
A bit of a hefty update today, so let's get started. You guys decided to search the hanged man, so lets get started with that.

Well, that was a terrible choice, we got 4 Fabric we can't use yet, and a Cursed Fiance Ring (-20% Fatigue, + 10% Depression). Julia also leveled up and got 12 skill-points, so I put them all into Scavenging. This way, she should get better results from jungle scavenging, and can help gather for the cook-pot.

Yuri is needed to gather, so he gets our last Ginseng Juice to get him in fighting form.
AM Tasks
Illyana - Rest
Jacob & Bob – Fish (Result – 9x fish)
Al & Winters– Harvest fruit (Result – 6x fruit – 4x gets juiced for water)
Yuri& Julia – Gather randomly (Result –4x wood, 2x stone, 2x rope, 1x herb)
Alice – Explore (Results – Levels up and finds a Swan and Owl)

I wonder what happens if Julia goes closer?

Well, it looks like I can't back out of it now. Julia is the master of stealth, so lets go with that and see what happens.

We could use the food, and Julia seems to have a good shot at it, so lets see if we can kill two birds with one stone (both literally and metaphorically)

Score! We feast tonight! Now that we have the items from the Jungle, let's see if the blue lady wants any of them.

It seems like the best gift would be the bow and arrow, so lets see if she wants that.

Darn. It looks like gifts of ranged weapons are not the way to a woman's heart. It looks like Julia is not the strange blue woman's type, so I suppose the only other option is to try boning her (so to speak).

I can't believe that worked. Let's get this plot dump going.

So much talking and so little actual information. At least we got a cool item out of it. The Fire Crystal is another one of the odd mystical items and it gives -20% to all negative states. We will probably be using this to keep our best workers from needing to waste time resting.

PM Tasks
Julia, Bob, & Jacob – Chat. Yet again, we learn something embarrassing about Bob.

Unfortunately, we already have Julia to do our stealth jobs, so this is probably not going to be too useful.

Illyana – Research (Result – 100% completion)

It looks like we have another option for food. Hunting brings in a more consistent amount of food, but it causes injury instead of depression. Right now, we do not have an easy way to treat injuries, so this is probably not something we want right now. Plus, once we get the cook-pot going, we will be able to process the fish into healthy, nutritious meals that should be enough to sustain us.

Winters - Harvest fruit (Result – 3x fruit)
Al & Yuri – Gather Rope (Result –3 rope)
Alice – Explore (Result – 60% explored the next zone)

Night

Crud. A whole 20% fatigue to everyone. That is going to put a major damper on tomorrow's activities. At least fatigue is easy to treat.

Current Goals:

A little more rope and we will be 2/3's of the way to the cook-pot. Of course, we will still need to construct it afterwards, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Current Status:

With that rotten night last night, plus all that raw food, everyone is looking pretty shabby. Hopefully, we will be able to heal up tomorrow and start searching for this Johnny fellow.

Current Jobs-
Scavenge the Plane (1 person max)
Harvesting fruit (2 people max)
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Scavenging Wood/Rope/Stone/Herbs (2 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)

Current Usable Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Psychology magazine (+5 Discussion)
Fishing Bait (+5 Fishing)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
2x Coffee (-10% Fatigue & Depression)
3x Medicinal Herbs (-3% Sickness)
4x Painkillers (-20% Injury)
2x Chocolate (-20% Depression)
1x Ancient Knowledge (+1 to all Skills)
2x Miracle Potion (-10% to all Hazards)
2x 101 Sudoku (+5 Intelligence)
1x First Aid Mag. (+5 Medicine)
1x Empty Bottle
2x Ginseng Juice (-20% Fatigue)
3x Drugs – Cures sickness, but cannot use without the proper tech
Smelly Cheese (-20% Hunger, + 10% Sickness)
3x Bandage - Cures injury, but cannot use without the proper tech
2x Rum (+/-10% Hunger, Sickness, & Depression)
5x Soy Sprouts (decrease hunger from 1-5%)
3x Dried Meals (decrease hunger from 10-15%)
3x Healing Water (-20% sickness)
1x Cursed Fiance Ring (-20% Fatigue, + 10% Depression)
1x Fire crystal (-20% to all negative states)

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I can only assume Julia hunted those two birds with only one stone. :downsrim:

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
You know, I think I like Julia more than Bob. At least she has brains and doesn't blame others for problems in her past or make up excuses to not like someone for no real reason. Hell, Even Jacob is a better person because he is at least honest with how he acts, unless he is talking to Bob, but I can understand that lol. Basically between Bobs actions and his traits, he is a worse person than these two.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 14 – Too Weak / Two Weeks

After the rotten night last night, I doubt if we will get much work out of our sorry lot, but hopefully we can get the bare essentials done while everyone else lounges around.

Al just leveled up, so he gets +5 to both Constitution and Scavenging, and I need to throw a log on the fire to keep our fire going.
It looks like I will need to dip into our item stash to get us going. Julia is a bit too sick from the hanged man for our herb supply to cure so she gets a Healing Water, and Yuri gets a Fire Crystal to get him back in shape faster. Alice & Jacob are at 3% sickness, so they each get a Healing Herb to bring them down to 0. I did not want to waste the herbs on the others, since the herbs always restore a flat 3%.

AM Tasks
Winters, Julia, Al – Rest
Alice & Yuri – Chat (the other three had higher fatigue, plus Yuri is pretty depressed and could use someone to talk to). It seems that all this talking has Alice showing us something that we already know.

Unfortunately, just being caring won't help us much on this brutal island. We cannot use the Medicine skill yet, and Winters already has a massive head-start on that skill, so she will most likely do all our healing tasks.
Yuri manages to increase his discussion during the chat and level up, and all 6 of his skill-points go into scavenging to help us get that cook-pot sooner.

Illyana – Research (Result – 12% completion)
Jacob & Bob – Fish (Result – 3x fish)

Come on guys! If we had two fish and five loves of bread this might stretch, but this will not cut it. You guys are going to stay on that beach until there is enough to go around.

PM Tasks
Alice, Julia, Illyana – Rest
Winters - Harvest fruit (Result – 5x fruit)
Al & Yuri – Gather wood (Result – 6x wood)
Jacob & Bob – Fish (Result – 7x fish)

Now that is more like it. You can come back into camp now.

Night

This kind of caring is helpful. Winters was not one of our higher depression people, but every little bit helps.

Current Goals:

We are a little bit closer to our goal. We should need one more session for the rope, and two more for the wood, so we should be able to start crafting in two days.

Current Skills & Status:

Those ten fish took most of our hunger off, but we are starting to feel some of the negative effects. We only have two herbs left to treat sickness, so we may just need to let some of that sickness linger for a bit.

Weekly Relationship Update:

No major changes to the relationships. Yuri and Illyana are close, as are Alice and Bob. Julia and Illyana hate each other, and Jacob hates nearly everyone.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)

Current Usable Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
2x Coffee (-10% Fatigue & Depression)
2x Chocolate (-20% Depression)
2x 101 Sudoku (+5 Intelligence)
1x Empty Bottle
2x Ginseng Juice (-20% Fatigue)
5x Soy Sprouts (decrease hunger from 1-5%)
3x Dried Meals (decrease hunger from 10-15%)
1x Healing Water (-20% sickness)
1x Fire crystal (-20% to all negative states)

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I like Jacob wearing a tie as a bandana. It's such a nice crazy guy detail.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 15 – Camping
Before we get the day going, we have to get our morning chores done. Three of the fruit from yesterday get juiced to keep us hydrated, and 2 wood go onto the fire to keep us warm. We are down to our last two healing herbs, so I give them to Bob and Al.

AM Tasks
Winters, Yuri – Rest

Julia & Jacob – Jacob is getting really depressed from the fishing, so these two will Chat. We also find out a little bit more about Julia.

Not bad. She will not be researching, or using the medicine skill, but this does help out with discussion and the raw intelligence skill.

Illyana – Research (Result – 20% completion)

Bob – Fish (Result – 5x fish)

Al – Gather for the cookpot. The game lets us see the possible outcomes when we assign people to a task, so we can optimize our gathering.

If I had Al gather rope, he would only get 0-3, so we would need to have an additional gathering session to get the fourth piece we need for the cookpot.

By setting him to get wood, we don't waste any time.
(Result – 5x wood)

Alice – Explore (Result – found an abandoned camp)

I wonder if this is Johnny's camp? Let's have Julia poke around and find out.

This will give us a full three days of water for our gang. That saves us about ten fruit that can now eat instead of drink.

Not as hydrating, but definitely more pleasant. These are our only antidepressants right now, so they will go straight to Bob and Jacob so that they can fish all day today.

This decoy is the Hunting booster. If we build the hunting gear, we can use this to give someone a +5 to their hunting skill.

Johnny? Is that you? I hope there is a good reason for why Julia took this. Maybe the item description can help us out some.

Nope. It looks like Julia is just starting up a collection. I guess we will just stuff it in the trunk between the rum and the smelly cheese

PM Tasks
Al– Rest
Illyana – Research (Result – 28% completion)
Winters - Harvest fruit (Result – 5x fruit, and levels up)
Yuri & Julia– Gather rope (Result – 5x)
Jacob & Bob – Fish (Result – 3x fish)
Alice – Explore (Result –80% completion on the next zone)

Night

Perfect! Since fishing has been depressing Bob, this will keep him going all day tomorrow.

Current Goals:

We are almost there. If we have Al and Yuri gather wood tomorrow morning, we should have enough to start building in the afternoon.

Current Map & Status:

We are starting to get to the north part of the island, so we should be pretty close to “Johnny”, whoever or whatever that is.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)

Current Usable Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
Coffee (-10% Fatigue & Depression)
Medicinal Herbs (-3% Sickness)
Chocolate (-20% Depression)
101 Sudoku (+5 Intelligence)
1x Empty Bottle
Ginseng Juice (-20% Fatigue)
Soy Sprouts (decrease hunger from 1-5%)
Dried Meals (decrease hunger from 10-15%)
Fire crystal (-20% to all negative states)
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
1x Skull (???)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Is it just me or is Alice some kind of nicebot?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, especially with morale not being especially great...

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Is it just me or is Alice some kind of nicebot?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, especially with morale not being especially great...

Have to be careful of the nice ones. They are usually the first to snap and start murdering everyone.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yea, I keep wondering when one of them will either get tired of Jakob or he tired enough of them, and snap.

Is it even possible to have him like other people?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Really I was just amused by her having the exact same conversation with Winters in the previous update. :v:

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 16 – Meet/meat cute

Winters has some skillpoints left over from yesterday, so I put 5 into exploration, and 6 into harvesting. I also need to send one wood to its fiery doom to ensure our survival. There is an achievement for letting your fire go out, but you really need to slack off in order to get it.

AM Tasks
Illyana, Alice – Rest

Julia & Jacob – Chat

Like any alternative medicine fan, Jacob is more than willing to let everyone around him know his beliefs on modern medicine. This is a completely pointless trait, as Jacob has terrible medical skill, and we will not even be able to use the skill at all for quite some time.

Bob – Fish (Result – 6x fish, and levels up)
With his boosted intelligence, he gets 8 skillpoints. I put 4 into fishing, and 4 into discussion so he can lower his piscine induced madness faster.

Al & Yuri– Gather wood for the cookpot. (Result – 6x wood)
Two wood short of our goal. No worries. If we gather some more in the PM, then we will probably have some left over for firewood.

Winters – She will finish exploring the area Alice found yesterday (Result – found a cute animal)

Awww, How adorable! How delicious! Is that a fennec fox? Is it friendly? Is is edible? The questions are too much for me, so you lot will need to decide this for me.

PM Tasks
Winters & Yuri– Rest

Julia & Jacob – Chat

Illyana – Research (Result – 37% completion)

Bob – Fish (Result – 2x fish)

Al - Gather wood(Result – 4x wood)

Alice – Explore (Result – found a spooky dark corner)

This is too spooky for me to handle, so I will let you guys choose this.

Night

Another anniversary, another depressing argument. I must admit it amused me for someone to call a person named Winters an ice queen.

Current Goals:

Now all we need to do is assemble this thing. Of course, this ain't IKEA here, so we do not have the luxury of instructions and a free allen wrench, so it might take a while to put together.

Current Status:

Nothing too bad. Alice is hungry due to her Bulimia trait cutting into her nutrition, and Illyana has built up a bit of depression from last night.

We also need to decide what we want to do with the cute animal and the spooky hole in the ground.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)

Current Usable Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
1x Empty Bottle
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
1x Skull (???)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Well, Alice's friendliness didn't last long. Also Jacob is fitting the :tinfoil: stereotype to a T, great work there.

Befriend the cute animal (we likely can't eat it later if we need to but a pet would still be good for these depressing chats). Search the hole.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Make friends with the cute fox-thing :3:.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Why is there no "Set it on Fire" Option for the hole? When dealing with giant spiders, on an island like this, fire is ALWAYS the answer. Anyway, befriend the little foxcat or whatever it is.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Befriend the cute animal, search the hole. Then administer all the healing items you can find to the two members of your team that have been horribly mauled by the rabbit fox and partly eaten by spiders.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Have someone depressed try to befriend the fennec fox. I guess have Julia or Jacob search the scary hole.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 17 – Illyana's jungle adventure

Well, the vote was to send a depressed person to befriend the fox, so I think that Illyana could use it after last night.

Wrong animal Illyana. The one you want only has one head.

Man, she cannot catch a break today. Hopefully we managed to find something nice after all that.

Nope. It looks like we actually lost an herb from that event. Maybe Julia will have better luck with the spiders.

Since we are already hungry, I split the sprouts evenly between Alice, Winters, Jacob, & Al.

I don't think that these are the kind of mushrooms that go on pizza. They will give -20% depression, but will cause +10% sickness. Since depression is a lot easier to cure than sickness, these are fairly worthless.

AM Tasks
Illyana, Al – Rest

Julia & Bob – Chat

Jacob – Fish

I wonder if he is using homeopathic fishing bait.

Yuri & Winters – Craft the cookpot. (Result – 24%)

Alice – Explore (Result – found a lost backpack)

Since there is only the one option, I will send Julia in as usual.

We need Yuri, Al, Alice, & Winters in peak condition for work, so these 4x Ginseng will go straight down their gullets.

There is no point to these meals being non-perishable, as we will be eating them ASAP.

It is a bit of a waste to give this to Alice, since her Hiking Fan skill boosts her skill gain, but I want her skill maxed out to find new locations quicker.

PM Tasks

Yuri & Illyana – Craft the cookpot. Illyana has a low Crafting skill, but her good relationship with her dad makes this pairing the most efficient one (Result – 51%)

Jacob & Bob – Fish

See Jacob, the use of modern scientific methods gives much better results.

Winters – Harvest fruit (Result – 5x fruit)

Julia & Al - Gather herbs for our sickness (Result – 4x herbs)

Alice – Explore (Result – found a mushroom circle)

I don't know which is worse, eating weird mushrooms in the middle of the bizzaro forest, or bringing them back to share with everyone. If there are any mycologists in the audience, now is your time to shine.

Night

Ok, this is getting weird. I have never seen Alice trigger this many events in a row. Maybe it triggered because of Illyana gaining so much depression?

Current Status:

We just need to keep our sickness down, as it can spiral out of control when it starts increasing on its own. I will probably also give some painkillers to Illyana to treat all those animal bites she got today.

Current Goals:

If this pace keeps up, we will finish with the cookpot tomorrow. We also need to decide what to do with the mushroom circle in the jungle.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)

Current Usable Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
2x Painkillers (-20% Injury)
1x Empty Bottle
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
1x Skull (???)
3x Happy mushrooms (-20% depression, +10% sickness)

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Don't eat any of those mushroom that's a dang fairy circle and fairies will probably rob us or something.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I don't believe in fairies

There, that should have killed them all. Search the fairy ring for tasty mushroom houses (make sure to throw away the dead fairies first of course).

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
These are most likely fly agarics, toxic but not particularily deadly. Oh well, searching them shouldn't be too dangerous.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Search the mushroom circle but be very wary of any dancing opportunities thereabouts.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Yeah, don't eat the fairy circle. Search it.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I'm about %90 sure those mushrooms are poisonous and %130 sure that they're Fae magic. Do anything at all that isn't eating them.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Shady Amish Terror posted:

I'm about %90 sure those mushrooms are poisonous and %130 sure that they're Fae magic. Do anything at all that isn't eating them.

They're not that poisonous. You'd neet do eat about 15 of them, at fresh ones at that, to die. They are, however, mildly halucinogenic. We should keep them in case someone, not necessarily us, really need a buzz.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Make the crazy old guy eat the mushrooms. Best case scenario he either dies or mellows out.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What if the blue people are fairies? We probably shouldn't eat their front gate. Search around the place.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 18 – Nearly there

Before we send someone into the realm of Tνr na nΣg, we should heal everyone up a bit. Illyana is looking a bit shabby, so she gets a Miracle Potion. Our last four herbs go to Jacob, Bob, Winters, & Alice.
After ritualistically stating the non-existence of fairies, we send our most crotchety castaway to deal with the mystery of the fey.

He has a high knowledge, and a decent stealth skill, so he is a good choice for this mission.

It is pretty obvious that we would find weird mushrooms in a weird mushroom patch, but I hope Jacob puts his knowledge to better use than just that. Otherwise, his only accomplishment will be doubling our supply of useless happy mushrooms.

Score! It looks like he also scrounged up some shiitake, matsutake, and even a couple of truffles. We will eat well tonight.

AM Tasks
Julia – Rest

Jacob & Bob – Chat

Yuri & Illyana – Craft the cookpot. (Result – 81% complete)

Al & Winters – Our fire is almost out, so they will gather some wood (Result – 7x wood, four of which go straight into the flames)

Alice – Explore (Result – 66% complete)

PM Tasks
Alice & Illyana – Rest

Al & Winters - Chat

Yuri – He should be able to finish this on his own, so he will work on the cookpot. (Result – 96% complete)

Jacob & Bob – Fish (Result – 10x fish)

Julia – Explore (Result – found drying clothes)

I wonder if these belong to the strange blue woman. Maybe she was only naked because it was her laundry day. I am not sure what we would do with new clothes, but fabric is not something that we can use for anything right now. I guess it is up to you guys to choose.

Night

I am beginning to think that Yuri only speaks in random Wikiquotes. Since we will be able to cook tomorrow, I saved 7 of the fish from the huge haul today, and only 3 decayed into barely edible stuff. I am hoping that the increased nutrition from the cooked meals will offset the rotted fish.

Current Status:

Jacob and Bob are a bit depressed, but once we get the cookpot, we will be able to provide more nutrition for less fishing time.

Current Goals:

The fact that we will only have the cookpot in the afternoon is not that big of an drawback. If we fish in the afternoon, then we will not be able to cook the catch before nightfall, so we would be forced to eat them raw or let some rot over night. By fishing in the morning and cooking in the afternoon, we will ensure that all the fish will get cooked.

We also need to decide on what to do with the lost laundry that we found flapping in the breeze.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)

Current Usable Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
1x Miracle Potion (-10% to all Hazards)
1x Empty Bottle
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
1x Skull (???)
6x Happy mushrooms (-20% depression, +10% sickness)

Delvio fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 11, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Scavenge for scraps. We need raw materials more than we need clothing right now.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Gotta concur on that scavenging. Seems like the biggest thing holding us back from having useful stuff is a lack of materials for survival necessities.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Glazius posted:

Scavenge for scraps. We need raw materials more than we need clothing right now.

Sure, I'm convinced!

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 19 – Now we're cooking!

The decision the thread made was to to get something useful out of these terribly out of date clothes. Julia, you are up again.

More useless fabric. Hopefully we will get a recipe that uses it soon.

I wonder how we found a camouflage cloak. If it was a real camouflage cloak than you would think that it should be harder to find than that. Let's see what the inventory says about it.

It looks a bit more like a ratty raincoat to me, but it has been a while since I saw the movies.

AM Tasks

Julia – Rest

Jacob & Yuri – Chat. It looks like Jacob has more secrets to share.

Normally this would be great, as Constitution helps determine fatigue gain and recovery, but Jacob mostly fishes, which only increases depression.

Al– Craft the cookpot. (Result – 100% complete)

Finally! Now we can have one person cook up meat and fish into the various prepared meals that we used to scavenge from the airplane. Since Yuri has the highest cooking skill, he will take the lead. As such, I give him the spices we have been hoarding to boost his skill by 5 points.

Illyana – Research (Result – 45% complete)

Bob – Fish (Result – 3x fish)

Winters – Our water is starting to run low, so she is back to gathering fruit (Result – 6x fruit, 3 get juiced)

Alice – Explore (Result – found seaweed)

I am not sure if there is much of a choice here. If I had to pick between heading back to camp for Yuri's fish fry or eating raw seaweed off the beach, I know which one I would go for. But I will leave it up to you guys.

PM Tasks

Winters - Rest

Jacob & Bob – Chat (no traits this time, but Jacob levels up)

Illyana – Research (Result – 58% complete)

Yuri – Cook our seven fresh fish.

This is very useful, as the food is now healthier and more filling. For example, here are the stats for the different food items from today:

Fish – 8-12% hunger +0-2% sickness
Meal (two stars) - 10-20%
Tasty Meal (three star) - 20-30%

And as Yuri gets better at cooking, he will make more Tasty Meals, and less boring two-star meals.

Al & Winters – Gather herbs (Result - 3x medicinal plants)

Alice – Explore (Result – found bones)

I suppose that we can let Julia add to her collection.

This adds a bit to her depression, but she doesn't do any fishing, so her depression is not an issue.

Yep, you guessed it. Another skull.

At least the healing water will help get rid of the last few points of sickness.

Night

It seems like these two are on a first name basis now. It looks like that massage did the trick.

Current Status:

Now that we can cook, hunger is less of an issue, and we can start eliminating our sickness.

Current Goals:

Find Johnny somewhere in the northwest jungle. We also need to decide what to do with that random lump of seaweed on the beach.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)

Current Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
1x Miracle Potion (-10% to all Hazards)
1x Empty Bottle
2x Healing Water (-20% sickness)
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
2x Skull (???)
1x Camouflage Cloak (+5 stealth)
Misc crafting materials

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Search the seaweed. I guess you could hypothetically use it as garnish for sushi but it doesn't seem very palatable by itself.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Seems like you've actually got a decent shot at making it through the day without further explorations now that you can cook food . Though of course you'll want to keep exploring.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Yeah, search the seaweed.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Smoke I mean make someone eat the Seaweed. Maybe Jacob.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
Day 20 – Ginseng party

You guys decided to pass up a yummy meal of seaweed, so let's see what you get instead.

I am not sure why there is an ancient mystical artifact in a random pile of seaweed, but I am not complaining about it.

Jacob still has his skillpoints from yesterday, so I give him 5 discussion, 4 fishing. Since sickness affects food skills, I split the three herbs from yesterday between Jacob and Bob. Bob is cured, but Jacob still has a little sniffle. We can deal with that in the afternoon.

AM Tasks

Julia, Illyana, Yuri – Rest

Jacob & Bob – Fish (Result – 2x fish)

Al & Winters– Gather herbs (Result – 2x herbs)

Alice – Explore (Result – found grapes)

Well, it was low risk but low reward. We were running low on water, so this saves us a bit of gathering time.

Before we go to the afternoon, we have enough healing items now to eradicate the sickness from everyone in the camp.

Yuri & Jacob only have a tiny amount of sickness, so they each get an herb. (-3% Sickness)
Illyana, Julia, & Winters are worse off on sickness, but do not have any other problems, so they get healing waters. (-20% Sickness)
Al could use a bit of a pickup, so he gets the Miracle Potion. (-10% all hazards)
Alice has the highest maluses, so she gets our Fire Crystal. (-20% all hazards)

Now that everyone has 0% sickness, it will never increase unless we get it from an event or start eating raw meat again.

PM Tasks

Julia, Jacob & Bob – Chat

Since Julia is our designated adventurer, this is great for healing up after the odd monster attack when her stealth fails her.

Illyana – Research (Result – 68% complete)

Yuri – Cook (Result – 9x fish become 7x Tasty Meals, 2x generic Meals)

Al & Winters – Gather wood (Result - 8x wood)

Alice – Explore (Result – only 93%, but levels up and gains 7 skillpoints)

Night

I am fairly certain that ginseng is non-alcoholic, but perhaps this is Al's special recipe. Whatever it is, I think Illyana may be below the legal age for it.

Current Status:

Current Goals:

We could build the hunting gear, but we are doing pretty good with just fish. Alternately, we could save our resources for whatever project Illyana is researching.

We have to be getting close to 'Johnny'. You can't get much more northwest than this.

Current Jobs-
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)

Current Items-
Toolbox (+5 Crafting)
Spices (+5 Cooking)
Miracle Potion (-10% to all Hazards)
1x Empty Bottle
Healing Water (-20% sickness)[s]
[s]Fire crystal (-20% to all negative states)

1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
2x Skull (???)
1x Camouflage Cloak (+5 stealth)
Misc crafting materials

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
She said Aphrodisiac, not Alcoholic. Aphrodisiac is basically something that makes you horny. Unless you are talking about how everyone is acting.

Also, I think now that since you are good on food for a bit with the cooked fish and can get water from fruit spend some time building up a reserve of building supplies before starting to make anymore projects unless to one you get from Current research is one you already have enough for.

OminousEdge fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
And the only explorable terrain on the island are the outlined squares, right? Whether they're full of fog or outlined in color? Because there are some stretches of coast and such northwest of the squares you've got, but they're not fogged over and therefore, I assume, unexplorable.

• Locked thread