Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
I'm only 3 minutes in and already your delightful accents have sold me, can't wait to catch up on the action!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
It's like your game is possessed by the vengeful spirit of Big Smoke.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

RealSovietBear posted:

It still has lots of great ideas, and thankfully Sleeping Dogs nicked a bunch.
Sleeping Dogs has air-jacking?

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Bluhman posted:

I'm pretty sure it does? I know for a fact that both this game and Sleeping Dogs have the crazy unrealistic car-ram that causes your vehicle to suddenly jolt to the side and smash other cars.

e: Of course it does! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbOo3_0p5gA

One thing that really gets me about turning in the game; drifting/handbrake turns here don't really change your trajectory of movement and more or less just reangle your car while it sort of drags forward. Which is utterly counter to what you want for fast driving and taking sharp turns and to be honest I don't know if it's a mistake in how RSB's driving or if the game just doesn't have an alternative to that.

I'm stupid. I read Sleeping Dogs and thought Watch Dogs. I'm guessing the latter doesn't have air-jacking since it's a POS and not :krad: like Sleeping Dogs clearly is.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
I enjoyed you guys complaining in one half about the lack of driving, and the next half the tedium of the driving, esp. when that ambulance section was the most exciting in the video.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Oh boy, that came sooner than I expected!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Say what you want about driving across town from mission to mission it's better than when the game sends you to one small area for everything. I just started replaying San Andreas and I've become intimately familiar with Idlewood.

• Locked thread