Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

KakerMix posted:

Looks like this

a colourblind person's worst nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I love the smell of metagaming in the morning.

That new goon faction smell

Smells like... victory

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I was wondering, what's the current popular loadout for the Python? I sold every ship besides my exploring Asp and combat Vulture so I have plenty of leftover money to fit the python, about a hundred millions

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
The problem with that generator is that it just applies a filter over a screenshot so how it looks on there tends to not quite look how it does when you're actually playing.

TomR posted:

That makes it look crummy. Here are some in game screenshots.
Ohh nice, think I'm going to use this.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah the online tool is handy to give you an idea of what you're doing when you're making your own color, but the quality of the picture there is a lot lower than what you'll see in the game. Generally if it looks good on the site it will look good ingame but sometimes bad ones on the site look good ingame.

Not liking the swamp green though.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Insert name here posted:

The problem with that generator is that it just applies a filter over a screenshot so how it looks on there tends to not quite look how it does when you're actually playing.

Providing the generator was in response to the "Hey someone else find/make this for me" that was originally asked for.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Does anyone have the link to the list of systems you can just sit in and grind donation missions? I want to get a Federal Gunship when it drops but you need to be rank 7 Fed and :nallears: at trying to get your ranks up normally.

Also TomR is there a way to get the red a bit brighter on that HUD? Any red text is really hard to read for me which is kinda annoying.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
Make the numbers in the red row bigger. The red will get brighter and/or change colors. Good luck!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Insert name here posted:

Does anyone have the link to the list of systems you can just sit in and grind donation missions? I want to get a Federal Gunship when it drops but you need to be rank 7 Fed and :nallears: at trying to get your ranks up normally.

I can compile a list of systems near 63 G. Capricorni for you (and me) to grind Fed rank, so we can get some of that sweet gunship action hell yes up top o/

Pretty sure you can grind rank everywhere, just do missions at easy to access stations that are not next to Alpha Centauri. If a rank up mission does not appear, move a couple systems over and repeat.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Well I'm talking about the list of systems where if you go to them they give almost nothing but donation missions, and it makes it easy to get rep. Well, "easy" but it's way less annoying than doing like 100+ or whatever regular missions.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I'll put this in the OP as well

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=164309

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Literally Kermit posted:

I can compile a list of systems near 63 G. Capricorni for you (and me) to grind Fed rank, so we can get some of that sweet gunship action hell yes up top o/

Pretty sure you can grind rank everywhere, just do missions at easy to access stations that are not next to Alpha Centauri. If a rank up mission does not appear, move a couple systems over and repeat.

This is no longer the case as of 1.3. It is now a raw, fixed number of missions before a rank up will appear. The pro move for Fed rank is to go to Tun and donate to charity forever, continually resetting the instance, donating to charity, and then doing it again until a rankup mission appears.

For imperial rank, it's the same process, but in Tamar.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Crab nebula

Arach
Oct 3, 2003

Dive! Dive! Di... are you diving yet?
Grimey Drawer
Checking out the Beta. Feels like Bounty Hunting is back again with the Hazadrous RESs, lots of 300k Anacondas to pop. Someone of them even in Wings with Clippers. It's good stuff and with the longer time to kill with the penetration and powerplant changes it certainly worth while winging up for it.

Now if only I could actually find CQC matches.... :negative:

Arach fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 20, 2015

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arach posted:

Checking out the Beta. Feels like Bounty Hunting is back again with the Hazadrous RESs, lots of 300k Anacondas to pop. Someone of them even in Wings with Clippers. It's good stuff and with the longer time to kill with the penetration and powerplant changes it certainly worth while winging up for it.

Now if only I could actually find CQC matches.... :negative:

I could gently caress in Hazardous RESs, gimme 300k-600k cr anacondas erryday.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

In case this hasn't been posted yet.

also, this looks rather nice. I wonder if we will ever have co-pilots/crew..

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Sep 20, 2015

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Also, pretty nice timelapse..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMJ2-TMJ0WQ

and a community skin for Cobra.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 20, 2015

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I am having fun imagining forum user and suspected literal cat Peter Gabriel making that newsletter.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
HazRES might finally make winging for cash reasonable as double banging condas with pve pythons would still be faster and the same amount of money as single banging condas, especially if wings are involved.

Owns.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
An oblong silicate metal planet one hundredth of an AU from it's star.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Being able to land on that planet will actually be really cool, like imagine if you looked up and the sun was taking up a fifth of the visible sky. (you would also be a liquid at that point but nevermind that)

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Being able to land on that planet will actually be really cool, like imagine if you looked up and the sun was taking up a fifth of the visible sky. (you would also be a liquid at that point but nevermind that)

I feel the same way about mitterland's hollow in Epsilon Indi

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Want to land on this...but will maybe happen on season 3 or so..T_T

btw...latest fangs is out . no10.

https://fangs.ink/10.html

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I am looking forward to horizons despite myself, I'll probably end up regretting it.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

AndroidHub posted:

I am looking forward to horizons despite myself, I'll probably end up regretting it.

Same here, I am useless at piloting and can't shoot for toffee.
i even get killed undocking from a station with no warning

Arach
Oct 3, 2003

Dive! Dive! Di... are you diving yet?
Grimey Drawer
I wish CQC would hurry up out of Beta for a bigger player base, all you can really reliably-ish find is DM right now, and I'd much prefer the TDM rotation. I could gently caress in that Arena.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Just out of curiosity, has anyone gone to and taken pictures of YT Canis Majoris?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

axelsoar posted:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone gone to and taken pictures of YT Canis Majoris?

Do you mean VY Canis Majoris?

If so; Yes

My current space madness trip took me through there a couple of weeks ago. Took the following screenshot while fuel scooping at a distance of about 3800 Ls from the star:

Yes. It is big.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 21, 2015

Zaardvark
Apr 28, 2015

Ceci n'est pas un GIF.

TheresaJayne posted:

Same here, I am useless at piloting and can't shoot for toffee.
i even get killed undocking from a station with no warning

I may dabble with CQC, but the part of Horizons I'm most interested in will be driving a space buggy.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Zaardvark posted:

I may dabble with CQC, but the part of Horizons I'm most interested in will be driving a space buggy.
CQC is being released in 1.4 which is separate to Horizons and should be out very shortly. I'm not sure if Horizons is going to be released alongside 1.5 or slightly afterwards but you've got a while until you can drive your buggy so enjoy the CQC stuff in the meantime.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

They said in the most recent newsletter that 1.5 and horizons will be the same release, which I'm not very happy about to say the least, feels like a slap in the face tbqh.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

fukcing daniel brabben

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I just cannot find a good combat build for a A7 Prismatic Shielded iClipper and I really need to :getout: of anime ladies power thing in time to make lodsa emone before 1.4 hits, anyone using a Prismatic iClipper that doesn't mind sharing their build?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Elite is currently 40% off on Steam.

AndroidHub posted:

They said in the most recent newsletter that 1.5 and horizons will be the same release, which I'm not very happy about to say the least, feels like a slap in the face tbqh.
They said they'd be released at the same time, not that they're the same release. 1.5 is still part of "Season One", you won't need Horizons to get the new ships.

I think all these slaps to the face are starting to blur your vision.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Slashrat posted:

Do you mean VY Canis Majoris?

If so; Yes

My current space madness trip took me through there a couple of weeks ago. Took the following screenshot while fuel scooping at a distance of about 3800 Ls from the star:

Yes. It is big.

:allears: loving red hyper-giants, awesome.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

To give a bit of an idea on what the scale there is :v:

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.

Groggy nard posted:

I just cannot find a good combat build for a A7 Prismatic Shielded iClipper and I really need to :getout: of anime ladies power thing in time to make lodsa emone before 1.4 hits, anyone using a Prismatic iClipper that doesn't mind sharing their build?

You can't do anything proper with either A7 or A6 prismatics on a clipper, sorry. Even the A6 is too power hungry to take advantage of, and it has a weird interaction with the ship mass.

To expand, while you can power both A6 and A7 prismatics with guns out, you can't do cell banks. If you swap two of the boosters for chaff, the A7 prismatics give you 504MJ of shield, and a B6 bank, at the cost of useless chaff. A6 prismatics allow for 3 boosters and 1 chaff, for a total of 499.76MJ.

For comparison, 4 boosters A7 shield gives you 550 MJ, and plenty of power for banks.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
With NPCs spamming chaff in 1.4, maybe the age of the iClipper being the glorious PvE ship is now over.

The power generator of the iClipper is pretty generous, perhaps you just need to sacrifice a booster or two?

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.
You could, but what you get in return isn't worth it, imo. Chaff on the 2nd largest ship barely works, but if you're RESing or something and you absolutely need a KWS or something, there may be a way to make it work better than a normal shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I think he's right, may as well just go for a normal shield and use the extra power

• Locked thread