Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Flying a fighter while your ship provides heavy fire support is so drat fun. I don't like piloting big ships in combat that much but this is awesome. I just wish the Python could have a fighter bay. :smith:

My favorite 2.2 thing so far is how your ship auto-aligns to the star you're jumping to, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

mellowjournalism posted:

About to hop on the VR wagon. This is would be the main game I'm buying the headset for, and people say the Vive has the best head tracking. What's goonsensus on Rift vs Vive for E:D?

From what I've heard, the Rift is better due to the slightly sharper display. A friend has a Vive and while I haven't tried it myself, he has complained about the readability of the interface in Elite before, but I have no problem in the Rift.

Not sure about the tracking but again, no problems here.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I bought a Keelback and have been running passenger missions and it's real fun, especially with a fighter bay for taking down the occasional bounty.

I wish my Python could have a fighter bay. :(

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

DancingShade posted:

If the focus of Elite was "fun" then you'd be able to slap a hanger bay into any ship with the internal space and then just poo poo them out the SRV doors.

But it's not so you can't.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to this "Frontier hates fun" idea that goons are obsessed with. I find the game loads of fun as is.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

DancingShade posted:

How accurately did I describe you when I was referring to the Faithful in their maxed out engineer upgraded exploracombatcondas?

If it's a python that still counts.

No idea, I generally skip over all the posts complaining about the game. I don't have any engineer upgrades if that answers your question.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

What's the hotness for gaining Fed/Empire rep these days? I'm slowly working my way up to allied with passengers and data deliveries but I'm curious what other people do.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

This video includes the getting ripped out of hyperspace part which looks pretty rad too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slbWLXIpCv8

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

E: oops anyway multicrew looks fuckin rad. Have they given a date for beta yet?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Real talk: I'm excited to let newbies fly my fighters or man my turrets and help them get some cash money. Getting rid of the bounty split was long overdue.

I'm excited to jump in other people's ships just so I can take a bunch of sweet screenshots while they do stuff. I will be the most useless crew member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Viper for most of the video, then a Fer-de-Lance and a Federal Corvette later on.

• Locked thread