Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got some bad news for you if you think they're going to let you name and make a faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Literally Kermit posted:

It's the name we came up with after Tikal took off for the coast or whatever. My other suggestion was "Goons without Frontiers" only in french but because I don't speak French good, I also suggest "Jeux Sans Frontières" after the true hero of this thread, Peter "P-Gabz" Gabriel.

Diamond Frogs is good and I think making up a thousand funny patches for squads would also be fun and good.

In conclusion goddamnit frank.club i lost gryphglyph to this game IM NOT LOSING YOU TOO *picks u up, slowcrawls u the rest of the way to Mt Doom*

I swear I'll play if you guys get a faction in 1.4. It's just that I could be playing MGSV.

I cannot justify getting the planetary landing stuff. There's just no way it's going to match up to what it should be. But I'll give the cqc beta a shot today.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 14, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Literally Kermit posted:

So could I, which is why I am killing two Eagles with one laser burst :v:

Can I get an over under on your interest in this game once planets in SE drops?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are they really going for that?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Literally Kermit posted:

^^^ no. If it were my choice it would be "Goons Without Frontiers" only in french. The unit crest that some one designed has the frog very heavily hidden. Sort of a get it under the radar deal.

Grenouilles (frog) starts with a G. Dunno what the French equivalent for Goon is but you could do Frogs without borders and have it be the same acronym as Goons Sans Frontièrs. Plus it's got a nice word play if you acknowledge that people operate without Frontier Developments.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No see the orca is a luxury cruise ship that serves a niche that is not now nor will ever be implemented.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did they mention that in the patch notes for 1.5?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's going to be reskinned less profitable trading.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xiansi posted:

Honestly, how hard would it be to introduce a new class of mission with 'passenger' rather than cargo requirements? Doing this badly & cheaply with the current mission system would be very little effort, and would at least tick that box.

For now though, the Orca is a prestige ship, the one to show that you have 'made it'.

I.E. having 100M+ left over after buying all the ships you might use for anything effectively.

You can fly an ExplOrca too. Whilst it can't jump for poo poo, it's the stylish way to see the stars! You just need to roleplay that you are chilling with your space concubines in the luxury jacuzzi cabin, rather than getting very smelly & going slowly mad in a cheap & nasty Lakon rustbucket.

The WAAAGH! OrKa is the combat variant, used primarily for ramming. With its high speed, and vaguely phallic shape it has maximum comedy annoyance value.

It's also hilarious to pirate with - it's more than capable of dealing with dedicated trader ships, and, well, no one expects the YaaarOrca.

Still, mine will be the first thing I sell if anything else expensive and actually useful appears.

I'd probably say 'not very'. Actually it'd be really easy. There's one thing that blows my mind that they haven't done and that's adding Euro truck style missions for traders. Like delivering goods for a set and appreciable profit. This would encourage exploration of civilized space and make trading less boring. It seems like it'd be easy to add too! So why not?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'll be goddamned

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How did that make it past their editors or whatever? I mean, they had to have someone who had played MGSV. :golfclap:

Every person on their dev team

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
C'est pas bien?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DatonKallandor posted:

It's Frontier. Nobody knows what we're getting and nobody knows what it'll look like when it arrives, but going by previous experience it'll minimum viable implementation.

Do not, please do not buy Horizons until you see a video or something on the planet stuff. I get the feeling it'll just be landing and driving around with zero extra stuff. Maybe I'll be wrong!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CQC is a lot of fun wow

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

Sometimes when interdicting, the targeting UI freaks out and stutters between two positions super fast and I end up failing the interdiction shortly thereafter. Is this a bug? Anyone else run into this?

All the time, forever!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seriously dude that happens to me 7/10 times. Sometimes if I hang with the original vector it'll snap back. That being said it's hard to judge because you can't see what you're doing really.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

Was really hoping someone would just post to tell me to update my video drivers and all would be well.

Welp. :frontear:

I've been told it's a connection issue

Relevant https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128379

frank.club fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 24, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AndroidHub posted:

MULTICREW

MULTICREW

MULTICREW

E:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Em7TLwFifE

E:BOBBLEHEADS

PILOT FACES

FIGHTER LAUNCHING

COMBAT AUTOPILOT

AAAAAAAAAA

(I'll try and put a summary together once the vod is up.)

Holy poo poo. Gg frontier

Here's the whole thing in text https://community.elitedangerous.com/node/300

frank.club fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 25, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I guess I shouldn't really complain, since paint jobs should've prepared me for this, but bobbleheads at 5 quid a pop is... kinda sad for a feature they cut out of beta.

*Spends $5 on a Braben Head*
Hey David is it time for fun?
*Constantly shakes no*
Oh

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guys I know there's a stupid us vs them thing in this thread but please keep SC AIDS out of here tia

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With the added bonus of it actually being released then

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KakerMix posted:

Yes because lots of people play in open anyway, even if just trading. They could go solo but not everyone does so???

One time a robbed a guy and he very politely sat still waiting for me to send some cargo breakers out. I was so loving perplexed by this that he sent me a message asking if I could hurry up robbing him, as he was running low on oxygen.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shine posted:

It's been the recommended budget stick in the War Thunder thread for years. Very good for the price.

Yeah it's great and the default mapping is intuitive

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axelsoar posted:

Awwww, are there at least pulsars?

I don't think so. Are there any in our galaxy? There are lots of stars with insanely quick rotation speeds

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Yeh there's a ton, that's how we gave our coordiates on those golden records

(Incidentally it's also a tattoo I want)

We don't have quasars

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libluini posted:

Come on, procedural generation is good and all, but before we can have multiple galaxies Frontier needs more servers and time. A shitload of time, since we at least know something about our galaxy, but quasars are weird enough Frontier would be hard pressed to make a quasar-map make sense.

On the other hand, if Frontier runs out of ideas for expansions in a decade, I could see them going through our galactic neighbourhood for some more galaxies. I don't think we'd get quasars even then, though: Galaxies with active cores are all too far away as far as I know.

Our descendents will probably finally get them in Elite: Marvelous: Quasars, when it comes out in 2077.

Dang dude I was just saying. I mixed up the two

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that Google cardboard any different?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harmburger posted:

He's saying it works fine.

It's not for iOS

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Valatar posted:

Does anyone know anything at all about the upcoming planetary stuff? I want in games like Elite to just gently caress off in a random direction, find weird crap, and sell it for cash. And from what I've heard thus far, exploration in Dangerous is still too shallow to really fit that bill. But if being able to land on planets and loot crashes and stuff is being rolled into the exploration system, I am abruptly much more interested.

That's what I'm hoping for

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just saw a 1 million credit job offer for an elite ranked combat pilot. Get to grinding!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait if I do a skin upload or whatever those guys are doing can anyone else even see it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cicero posted:

Is it actually possible to make decent money with combat these days? Or is it still space trucking all the way?

It's possible to make money and have fun yeah. Do not do the goon recommended grind method that will surely grind your will to play into dust.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hakimashou posted:

Have they said when the arena thing is coming out? I haven't played ED in a month or two but am looking forward to trying that.

You can play it right now after you download it from the launcher

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hakimashou posted:

is it in a beta thing though or actually live on the game?

Beta

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gestalt Intellect posted:

What on earth is a "pubbie" in elite.

It's everyone, including everyone posting it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paramemetic posted:

Based on my experience, types "guys, help. Help! Guys help!" a bunch of times.

I've noticed that the blue wing blip on the radar flashes when someone comes under attack.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shine posted:

I prospect every rock. I bring "too many" limpets and just dump a bunch between rocks if I hit some early jackpots.

They should change it so that your collectors ignore stuff you "abandon." Makes it a bit awkward to dump junk materials or excess limpets because your collectors will just snag them right up. You can work around that by dropping stuff after your collectors expire and moving several KM away before deploying new ones. If your collectors are still out, then you can close your hatch, drop stuff and then move away. Your collectors will still grab one item each, but the closed hatch will prevent them from grabbing any more.

If anybody knows a better way to dump unwanted stuff while using collectors, please share!

Sorry I almost got you killed

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RubberJohnny posted:

You're the only one blowing a gasket here to someone not reacting with a :jawdrop: emote.

Super weird how defensive this thread gets around criticism.

Fam it's like you don't read the thread

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wouldn't work. Even if there was a setup that would get your shields up that fast, not to mention you'd have to have full pips to systems, people would just chew right through you.

• Locked thread