Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Not sure if the typo in the thread title is intentional or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I keep thinking I'll get back into this game, especially since I discovered that I pre-ordered Horizons at some point and completely forgot. Then I remember that I left myself parked in an Asp about a third of the way to the galactic core. :shepface:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Decided to start fresh because I last played pre-Horizons and also I hate myself. What's my best bet for making money? To start off I've been running boom haulage missions for 50-200k a pop.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Fojar38 posted:

I returned to the bubble from my voyage to the center last night. Between dropping off my passenger and selling all my cartographic data, I made about 100 million in profit :whatup:

Also I am now 70% into Ranger, 89% into friendly with the feds, and allies with a bunch of core systems

Wait, you mean you ferried some poor bastard all the way to the galactic core and back? And got paid for it?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Well the only logical thing to do now is ferry some aspiring explorer to the opposite side of the galaxy and back. :unsmigghh:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The Cobra IV is a fat gently caress compared to its predecessor, but I do love the woosh it makes when you boost.

Massive cargo capacity for a small multipurpose, too.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Please tell me you painted it yellow.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kitted out a DBS for exploration and headed out to Maia, I missed hopping around and honking every system I came across. Once I have the cash for it I'll upgrade to a DBX.

e: I forgot how cool running the DBS is, with my current fit my baseline cruise heat is 24% :coal:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 8, 2017

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Overwined posted:

That's a lot of Windex.

Atmosphere Type: Ammonia & Oxygen

Atmosphere: Lots of nitrogen, no hydrogen or oxygen.

:crossarms:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm liking the DBS as baby's first explorer but the lack of internal mounts means I can't fit an AFMS, so neutron hopping is out of the question.

Hopefully it won't take too long to honk enough systems to afford a DBX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I like that fit, but it feels like you aren't really gaining much jump range by swapping to a class 3. With a 4A power distributor you're only losing about 1LY, and any jump range over 50 is still amazing in my book.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 9, 2017

• Locked thread