Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i was doing a courier mission (my first in the game) and dropped out of fsd at like three seconds to arrival (had to emergency drop because i never seem to be slow enough to drop normally), and my ship was a whopping 2 hours away from the station or something. is there a way to...you know, not have that happen? if i’m aligned on a station will it auto-drop me from fsd or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can I turn materials into credits in any way? i’m having some major problems actually making money by shooting things. my shitass sidewinder doesn’t feel capable of doing any of these combat missions and I’m not sure what else I can do when trawling low-intensity combat zones still pushes my poo poo in.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what's a solid ship progression if i like flying big ships that are good at not exploding? i went right from sidewinder to the viper mk3, and i guess the next step is the mk4 we were just talking about, but then what?

also, should i focus on upgrading my components or my ship? is a well-upgraded mk3 going to be substantially better than a stock mk4?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i went to a hires site and i'm sure i was doing something wrong but i was locking onto targets enemies the cops were shooting at - what's supposed to happen next if they're wanted? does a notification pop up or anything?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i am glad i will apparently never be able to accrue appreciable money in this game. is it like bitcoin? did i miss the bubble?

i have a viper 3 or whatever and like 100k credits and no idea how to make more.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i do think the early ship progression should be looked at. right now, my next ship upgrade is like five million credits away, but unless I feel like avoiding my primary interest in the game (shooting spaceships) and playing intergalactic trucker with all the requisite buy-ins that entails, i'm stuck flying text messages between stations or hoping for the one combat mission my space-faringaubaru impreza can actually do. the actual mechanics are very fun but that enjoyment is extremely tempered by the fact i still have literal days of tedium ahead of me.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the last time I sat in a res I made quite literally 11k credits, so I'm open to the idea I did something wrong.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i have gone to kremainn. this is a much better spot for shooting bad guys.

fwiw, i think an anaconda bounty got me like 90k, but i was in an eagle pinging it with pulse lasers.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i can also confirm that they do not like it when you commit assault in low-res zones.

it's assault to attack a wanted target, if they're clean in your system? is that how it works?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Helianthus Annuus posted:

If you hit a dry spell, try returning to the center of the RES. That is, go to where the nav point for the RES is.

this was my next question - do RESes ever run out? that is, wanted ships stop spawning?

they definitely SEEM to, for me, but they're also fairly large areas and i might just be missing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if i'm enjoying the eagle as a 'fly fast and shoot things' ship, should i track down an imp eagle? or should i just save for a ship with a fighter bay to plop down somewhere and just launch fighters with? how do the fighters work?

• Locked thread