Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Rotten Cookies posted:

Just bought this game on a semi-impulse. I've been wanting to get something to scratch the space game itch. Fuckin' around in space, pretending I'm making progress by slowly getting bigger and better ships. I'm the kind of person who can get lost in a task, like, say, mining or exploring in Minecraft, just doing stupid bullshit and looking at what there is to look at. So I'm excited to do some of that. It'll also give me an excuse to dig out my old HOTAS stick. And if I ever find the disposable income to get a VR headset, hey, cool, I can check this out, too.

As a beginner, Powerplay stuff can be ignored for now, right? I'm not going to be forced to choose some allegiance, right?

You are not forced to do anything, if your goal is to sit outside a station in a sidewinder and stare at a sun for 40 hours you can do that without penalty.
I haven't touched powerplay because I don't care enough personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Hamelekim posted:

Sold my asp explorer for a Cobra MKIII and upgraded it to the 9s for Robigo smuggling. Made 30 million in an evening which was pretty cool, but the 20+ jumps and half an hour to get to and from the bubble is super annoying. I'm wondering if it is worth it to keep going and save up 200 million to fully kit out an A rated Python. The grind is so real, and I don't have enough podcasts to listen to in order to make up that kind of time.

I'm hoping that when my Vive arrives that it will make things more interesting.

Why didn't you just kit out an Asp Explorer for the run for the jump range?

• Locked thread