Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Black Griffon posted:

I haven't played this for like four months or something. Do you still need to slave like loving idiot to be able to afford anything? Does Frontier still hate the very concept of actually rewarding you for things? Is Powerplay still hosed up beyond belief? Is CQC out for PC? (And is it fun?) Has exploration changed at all in the last few months?

Do you still apply magic invisible retrograde thrusters if you turn off assist and cut power to thrust?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes (Yeah!), No, and yes, the infinite boost bullshit still hasn't been reinstated.

That's one case where I'm happy they went with making better gameplay than :toot: realism :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I enjoy the mail slots only being so large. Gives docking those few moments of terror rather than being a completely boring chore.

Besides, it's good to have SOMETHING that works against smugglers.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:frontear: in my favor if it sticks.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Chrysophylax posted:

How does it feel to sell a fellow Pilot's Federation member to slavery, you monster

Pfft. I drop those into suns.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tirranek posted:

The key thing to remember about docking is that it's not nearly as hard as you used to think it was.

I still impress myself when I manage to get through the mail slot at full speed in a large ship like a Clipper or Python without touching the edges.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Sard posted:

What do you have boost and landing gear bound to that you can accidentally hit one instead of the other?

I'm so sorry you are stuck using a keyboard and just assume everyone else is too.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Finally my Stealth ships will actually look like they were designed for stealth.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I haven't played Elite Dangerous since just after Horizons came out. I've been thinking about getting back into the game but I was a little burnt out on how dull things were feeling. What's been going on in updates, community events, and Diamond Frog activities since?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I always love how a coordinated fleet looks like when jumping out of a system. Anyways, there are rumors going on about that the last series of events have shifted Frontier's outlook on how the game should end up with and that they are going to start doing a big push toward improving fleet and community aspects of the game while incentivizing that a sphere of space be player managed, you know how it expands and that sort of thing. I'll believe it when I see it, but hopefully its true.

I was hoping they were figuring this out when I last played in November. Maybe I'll have to put off picking it back up.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's the fastest way to grind empire rank these days? A lot of guides I find seem out of date with 2.1

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rank progression has really slowed down. I feel like it took 6 hours of play to go from halfway through Knight to Lord (a mere 50% of rank)

I just need one more rank but it looks like it's going to be a LONG road. and that's just for the Clipper. :gonk:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How is combat logging still a thing?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Thronde posted:

Thanks, I got rid of my python for the fdl. May switch back, but with the new ai the python suuuuuucks in combat. I was getting my rear end handed to me nonstop trying to get parts at a simple checkpoint.

Also gently caress having to manually scoop this poo poo. Give me a loving tractor beam module.

Isn't there a limpet system that lets you tractor in objects? It's been awhile since I used them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why are the rewards for the Federation side higher than the rewards for the Empire side?

Oh yeah, :frontear: predetermines the winner in player driven events.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

illectro posted:

Flying through the core in my 39ly range Asp and I'm reduced to one letting one jump at a time, this is painful. Help a bit if I set the load slider to pretend I have 100% cargo and lower jump range, but the game just grinds when I try to plot more than 100ly ahead.

That was pretty rough... even worse coming back because it was hard to tell when I could plot 1k lightyears again.

Jealous that you had a station to repair at near the core.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Is there a site I can input information about a system and it'll give me a list of systems that fit that?

Specifically, I'm trying to find a High Tech system in a boom state in Empire Space. It'd be nice to have such a tool for future scenarios as well.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Thanks.

I need WAY TOO MANY Modular Terminals.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I think Frontier reduced my Modular Terminal chance to 0. I've been refreshing boards for HOURS without seeing any as a reward. Various High tech systems in boom states. Other systems where I'm allied with everyone AND in a boom state. Currently at Ross 1015 because of a tip from a goon with three factions in a boom state and he already got his Modular Terminals there. NONE.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's not just that either. Anything that requires scumming the mission board.

Trying to contact Marco Qwent? Better scum the mission board once you have met all the requirements.

Why is this a thing at all? It's terrible game design.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Chrysophylax posted:

:siren: ATTENTION EVERYONE :siren:

There is an official vote on whether ship transfer should be instant or not. The thread can be found here and the poll can be found here.

The polling options are stupid grognard poo poo:

Don't let the :spergin: win

I can't get to the poll. I keep getting "Invalid account" even though I can log into my account just fine on the main Elite site.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A poll on their official forums is such a cop-out. The spergiest spergs are the people who participate there in droves while people who don't give a poo poo to engage with them are completely unaware that this is a discussion/poll that's happening.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
"It's not inconvenient at all when compared to what we have."

He's so close to getting it. So close...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
SRV Fuel.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

PoorMoralCompass posted:

I know this is an utterly newbie question but why to turreted weapons cost more than gimballed?

To discourage you from using them. They do less damage but they can fire in any direction not obscured by your own ship. They have a particular niche use and they don't want new players to think they should start with them.

• Locked thread