Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

khwarezm posted:

So is this game good or what?

If you are creative with what you consider fun, very. Even so, it's a very fun time just exploring systems and lazily making your way across the galaxy.

There's plenty to gnash your teeth about, too, but as a whole it's an excellent space combat game and it's getting better with time.

Edit: Speaking of which, Operation: Powerbottom is go, I say again, is go. Watch this thread for the official dossier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Typical Pubbie posted:

It's barely a game outside of CQC. There are two kinds of ED players:

1. Galactic tourists who play the game like it's a chopped down Space Engine. Press the J key, scan a system, scoop some fuel, listen to your favorite podcast, repeat.

2. People who have access to the CQC beta, an arena combat module separate from the main game.

Beyond that it's really shallow. The mission system, the economy, buying and upgrading ships; all have the depth one would expect from a flash game. After putting 50 hours into it I'm very disappointed.

Kind of harsh. There was a massive meta-game at play at one time, where we basically set up a puppet guild that actually became way more successful than our actual faction. If we hadn't been hosed over repeatedly by the background simulator and Power Play, it would have been a very different game indeed.

Playing by the rules pretty much got us nothing, though, so again, it's a case where you bring your own fun to the sandbox.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Libluini posted:

Is our name really Diamond Frogs or was that a joke in the other thread? Last time I checked, that name hadn't appeared yet in the list of approved player faction names on the Frontier-forum.

It's the name we came up with after Tikal took off for the coast or whatever. My other suggestion was "Goons without Frontiers" only in french but because I don't speak French good, I also suggest "Jeux Sans Frontières" after the true hero of this thread, Peter "P-Gabz" Gabriel.

Diamond Frogs is good and I think making up a thousand funny patches for squads would also be fun and good.

In conclusion goddamnit frank.club i lost gryphglyph to this game IM NOT LOSING YOU TOO *picks u up, slowcrawls u the rest of the way to Mt Doom*

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

frank.club posted:

I swear I'll play if you guys get a faction in 1.4. It's just that I could be playing MGSV.

So could I, which is why I am killing two Eagles with one laser burst :v:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

frank.club posted:

Can I get an over under on your interest in this game once planets in SE drops?

I plan on streaming both, but will be actively antagonizing E:D while in character. We're gonna run us some capers.

I eagerly await for SE planets, too. :3:

Fake edit: it was either in chat or a post on here, but yeah we got our home base name covered.

It's called getOuter Heaven :getin:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
^^^ no. If it were my choice it would be "Goons Without Frontiers" only in french. The unit crest that some one designed has the frog very heavily hidden. Sort of a get it under the radar deal.

celewign posted:

I sold my nice upgraded cobra for a new vulture and I can't afford to upgrade the vulture. I miss my cobra. Also the vulture jump range sucks rear end.

Pledge Aisling for a month, grinding up to Rank 3 to buy a class-5 prismatic shield. You suddenly have a kick rear end ship with slightly less overpowered shields and now capable of 64 tons of cargo.

Slap on an interdictor and you got the start of a viable pirate ship.

I am working on a gimmick load out for this to make a "proactive" refueling service.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 14, 2015

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
No sir

Not me

I never lost control

You're face

to face

With the Frog who Sold the World

The Diamond Frogs, coming to, this September 3301

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
^^^ just realized that isn't an edit, it's in the actual game?? :getin:

Btw i do have some basic trade routes laid out, it's a three stop loop at 1890 a ton profit more or less. Is that good?

Edit: guess it isn't the best, but it is pretty quick, all stations are less than 30 ly from each other.

If you are really lazy you can trade between two of the stations in 63 G. for 700 a ton :eng101:

Fittingly, our HQ system's chief import is COFFEE :black101:

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 16, 2015

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I'm flying in CQC not unlike a handicapped child. Also the condor is loving tinfoil with dime-story laser pointers and a roman candle attached.

I loving love CQC, gotta see if this virtual joystick poo poo can help me aim a little better.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How did that make it past their editors or whatever? I mean, they had to have someone who had played MGSV. :golfclap:

It walks a fine line between between obnoxious obviousness and plausible deniability. If there was no MGS V, this info fluff would still be very at home at elite dangerous, a game full of morally ambiguous mercenaries drift on a sea of endless political driven bullshit. Which happens to be peak Metal Gear.

Nah just kidding, I have no idea how we pulled off 'Diamond Frogs' but someone or someones deserve a medal because this is fuckin' beautiful.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Drake_263 posted:

The best poo poo happens when I'm asleep or at work, I swear.

Hey, you mentioned wanting to see some experiments with cheapo annoying ship builds - I think I'm going to take that over when I get back home. Got any specific requests for builds/hulls? Sidey, Eagle, Adder?

[good words ideas etc]

We are Goons. Our freewinders will blot out the sun, and they shall fight in the shade.

:black101:

That's the Powerbottom spirit! You hit it on the nail exactly and I look forward what you and Zakuz come up with. I dub you both The Bright Boys.

So much that I am adjusting what "Powerbottom" now means. Before, I intended it to be at the very bottom tier of ship: the Sidewinder, the Eagle, and the Adder. After getting good feedback on my word-salad of a dossier, I am simplifying it to include every ship up to and including the Imperial Courtier, specifically the 2 med/2 small family of hardpoint placement.. This does NOT include the DBE, Vulture, or Asp which are being earmarked for other gimmick ops just the same. It DOES include the Type-6 because gently caress it. Gotdamn.

"Operation: Powerswitch" is now reserved for another tier of plan I will not get into right now, but has freed up the ultimate plan code name which is so OP it in itself has a code name. I speak of Project Thunder Swerve.

:getin:

In the meantime I need your help naming another side Op, Diamond Frogs. Again, I am not going to go into particulars but i have mentioned my intention to go into the emergency refueling business like our good friends, the Fuel Rats. To illustrate the nature of this plan, I submit the following youtube link, which may not be considered work safe for content upsetting to small children. It will, however, sum up the spirit of my proposed plan:

:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjanA_3fcbs :nms:

I look forward to your suggested code names, Frogs.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Insert name here posted:

I really want the Federal Corvette and can't wait to buy it only to be disappointed by the choices of C4 weapons. I know you don't have to put the biggest class on weapon in a slot but god damnit give me more C4 weapons. :mad: Like the stations and capital ships have these big rear end autocannons why can't that be a C4 weapon?

I like how the A class power plant on the Python and Anaconda basically doubles the cost of the ship alone. Granted you don't really need an A class plant but like, god drat.

Not being able to carry more ammo is so silly. I'm flying a stupid huge rear end corvette thing and I still can only carry 31 railgun shots?

It's especially ridiculous in light of the Auto Field Maintenance module - given its limitations (can't fix hull or canopy, have to shut down system being repaired) it's still obvious it's intended for self-sufficiency in deep space - and that is very much my jam.

I think there needs to be a munitions factory module for larger (even medium) sized ships. It could work in tandem with a refinery or just a cargo bay (in case you rather pirate or salvage materials).

A power-intensive module could still function while hardpoints aren't deployed, refeeding your ammo. You could go into a pristine planet ring, load up on minerals you need, and have your ammo reserves ready in minutes. Bam, tons of new cool ship configurations, and another cool purpose for mining!

Transferring ammo would be good too.

And yeah, even simple reloading modules would be nice.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I love the smell of metagaming in the morning.

That new goon faction smell

Smells like... victory

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Insert name here posted:

Does anyone have the link to the list of systems you can just sit in and grind donation missions? I want to get a Federal Gunship when it drops but you need to be rank 7 Fed and :nallears: at trying to get your ranks up normally.

I can compile a list of systems near 63 G. Capricorni for you (and me) to grind Fed rank, so we can get some of that sweet gunship action hell yes up top o/

Pretty sure you can grind rank everywhere, just do missions at easy to access stations that are not next to Alpha Centauri. If a rank up mission does not appear, move a couple systems over and repeat.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I am having fun imagining forum user and suspected literal cat Peter Gabriel making that newsletter.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Being able to land on that planet will actually be really cool, like imagine if you looked up and the sun was taking up a fifth of the visible sky. (you would also be a liquid at that point but nevermind that)

I feel the same way about mitterland's hollow in Epsilon Indi

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Siets posted:

Let's make the choice to be glass-half-full people and dream up some cool ways that Horizons gameplay could be more than a pointless albeit flashy tech demo. Some gameplay ideas that would give weight to the experience:

-Planetary mining. Give us a little land surveying mini game that we play while driving around to find rich ore deposits.

-Tie into current missions. Plenty of opportunity for land-based fetch quests so long as driving around is as much fun as flying around and docking are in this game.

-If there are ground vehicle weapons at play (think the Mako's awesome cannon from Mass Effect) then there's opportunity for NPC and player bounty hunting. I'm envisioning chasing an NPC from space down to the surface, they try to escape you on ground with the goal to rendezvous with another escape ship and you have to kill them in a limited time period before they get away.

-This one is a long shot, but it would be awesome if we could place our own start line and finish line beacons, basically create our own race courses, then race each other. Maybe add in the ability to wager credits to the winner. Emergent gameplay ahoy!

Plow the bow of a buddy's Anaconda into the moondust, ramp a buddy on top of 'Conda, signal for take off, wait until upper atmosphere then drive off and sky-dive that motherfucker

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Noam Chomsky posted:

So, I am unable to find a good breakdown of the features coming in Horizons. Everywhere I look there's some discussion that breaks down into insane bickering and I am as clueless as I was before.

Can anyone tell me WTF is on the way? Is it in the OP?

SUre no problem, I am pretty sure it will involve landing on airless planets and hurrrrhhghhgh RABBLE RABBBLE THEY TOOK OUR JEEEERUMPS

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

frank.club posted:

Guys I know there's a stupid us vs them thing in this thread but please keep SC AIDS out of here tia

StarCraft is a good game though? :confused:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Schroeder91 posted:

Thanks. I saw someone reference this on another forum but their link was dead and I couldn't find it.

So far I've been playing the default scheme with my own changes and Hotas is awesome!

I have no less than three dedicated "shift" buttons - one for combat combos, one for targeting combos, and one for utility poo poo like the FSD and the landing gear and scoop.

I only use the keyboard to chat and to jettison cargo.

I think if I get some mad-money, I am going to get one of them steel battalion controllers and rig that poo poo up

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Speaking of having lots of buttons, would CMDRs who have the saitek x-52 Pro or the x-55 rhino want to sound off about it yet again? I love my thrustmaster but i need more buttons. Amd toggles and also hats.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Natsuumi posted:

The HOTAS talk made me finally get off my rear end and make a non-lovely not drawn on graph paper button layout thing. Figured I'd share it. I use the CH Products Fighterstick and Pro Throttle. I love them to death and they made Elite a totally new game to learn all over again, but they can be pricey (~$230 for both on Amazon right now). I used an Xbox controller prior to this setup.

Lots of people talk about Thrustmaster and Saitek setups, but this is another good one.

TorakFade posted:

All this talk about hotas is making me want to upgrade mine. I have the Thrustmaster Hotas X and while perfectly adequate and still holding up well (apart from some buttons discoloring) after a year, I find myself wishing for a second hat switch or a couple more buttons that aren't there.

That, and precise control with that thing is a bitch. You can't expect much from a cheap 50$ hotas of course - the T16000 looks like a great deal being the same price with much better accuracy, but I'm not going back to a throttle-less setup. If only Thrustmaster made a T16000 HOTAS with a 2nd HAT switch and a few more buttons for about 100$, I'd be all over it, but it's just wishful thinking sadly.

So, bearing in mind that a) I'm in Europe b) I am not filthy rich c) I don't want to deal at all with failing lovely units from MadCatz d) I play on the couch so I'd rather have something that could be held togheter in one piece... what would my options be? X52 Pro and/or?

Edit: I see the CH Fighterstick... but isn't that a bit overkill on the hat switches?

This is exactly where I am, I love my HOTAS X to bits but CQC kicked my rear end in, and I think its accuracy plays heavily into why I am such dog-poo poo at it. I was unable to get virtual joystick to work on my computer because Windows 10 but discovered there was a calibration tool from Thrustmaster so I have to see if that helped.

I want to say go x 52 pro but I don't want a lcd screen that does nothing. I love the layout of the x-55 but people say they have problems.

I might just save up extra and get the Warthog if i see it go on sale. Then try to make it work on Windows 10 :gonk:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Hammer Floyd posted:

Hooookaaay.

So I got the game in the steam sale the other day and I've been giving this a shot.

I really want to like it because I loved Freelancer and this SEEMS to be Freelancer on steroids. I love the whole docking stuff and flying around seems to be pretty sweet.

But I'm having a tough time getting engaged and drawn into the game. I've done about 4 smuggling runs that were about 80,000 credits each. Never got inspected or anything so they were basically just a trade route. So then I bought a Viper and went to shoot people. I got destroyed in about 3 seconds flat which...is well annoying. I've done all the training missions so I kinda know what I'm doing.

So I thought about being a heavily armed trader, but I have no idea how to tell what sells at a good price and where.

Also, if you take a bounty to kill somebody, do you really have to aimlessly fly through the sector, investigating all the unidentified sources until you find the guy? That's a dick...

No it USED to be like that. Now you need a FSD interdictor (2A works nicely) and watch any ship that blips into super cruise radar. Your target will be there, you have to fly behind him, and do a little minigame/tear the motherfucker out of light speed and make physics cry.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

LCL-Dead posted:

Requested complete refund of Star Citizen account..

Trying to decide what to do with it.

Should I buy the wife something nice?

Or should I buy a new SSD and reinstall Elite?

Or should I buy a hotas setup (CH) and trash my Logi Extreme 3D?

Or should I put a down payment on a VR headset..

Choices.. >.<

Well we're back in the game as a Diamond Dogs parody and if you go Elite we will hook you the gently caress up unless you are already space rich in which case we need to borrow your Anaconda

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Behold, the White! The Coming of the White!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

peter gabriel posted:

Yay!
OK, I am going to set my poo poo up, joysticks and what not.
I'm going to try and get on tomorrow night :D

I got a very interesting message saying we have some kind of guild or something? Sounds awesome!

Yep! You can read all about the Diamond Frogs here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740324

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gromit posted:

Here's a free license to print money, for which I'll only take a modest cut: make it so that when you activate your docking computer an inflatable autopilot expands in front of you and takes the controls.

Fund it. $900 American British Pesos per ship (there is a precedent)

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Eonwe posted:

Someone explain if this is a good game or not

Star Citizen was designed from the bottom up and suffered feature creep etc. Elite: Dangerous was made from the top down and has a great core gameplay but felt massively undone on release and still feels like it needs a lot more. It's getting better and we're trying to make a cool community and do things in this massive sandbox.

Also ships cost zero irl dollars and you only pay real money for over priced paint jobs and bobbleheads.

If you wanna play we can hook you the gently caress up.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Crimson Harvest posted:

So the expansion is ~$45 if you already own the game. I have a feeling I should get it at that price rather than wait for it to go up when the loyalty discount ends.

Is there a comprehensive list of what content is going/expected to go in the xpac?

https://community.elitedangerous.com/node/300

This is a list of the general features they want to introduce over the next year.

The main reason for starting with just airless worlds and moons is the can of worms atmospheres pose. They intend to model flying in atmospheres so they want to make sure terrain and gravity works well before working on that. Then there's the assets of things like trees, water, wildlife, etc to say nothing of human settlements.

Surface outposts and or starports should be in for starters and it would be especially :frontear: to not have at least that. Even having terrestrial stations that work just like regular space stations will work out nice, because inhabited systems will probably have multiple ones for mining, trade, etc. and make the galaxy feel a gently caress ton larger.

Mostly though I want to play with poo poo until it breaks, like getting a SRV on TOP of the Anaconda, then flying around with it. Into space.

Edit: We're getting to the "human scale" part of the game, when you realize you've been flying office-building-sized vessels into each other the whole time, and that 'dinky eagle' is still the size of a fighter jet. Hopefully Horizons really sells us on that.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 2, 2015

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Chalks posted:

If I understand correctly, when you sell a ship upgrade individually, you get it's purchase price back - so if you sell the upgrades before selling your ship, then re buy them it's basically like transferring the upgrades.

If you sell the ship without selling the upgrades manually first you lose 10% of their value according to what I've read. I guess the system is stupidly designed because that seems like the only explanation for this difference.

Not stupid; initially it was a bug that 10% wasn't being taken off per module individually sold off. When they attempted to fix it, players as a whole told them to go gently caress themselves, just give them just one headache free "feature" so they could actually try and experiment with loadouts without paying for the privilege.

FDev said they'd revisit and make a happier medium (like a grace period to return a module for a full refund) but they had a lot of other stuff that took priority.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

RabidWeasel posted:

In typical :frontear: style apparently they didn't realise that people would actually want to sell modules frequently because everyone at Frontier would just buy a new ship for every role and keep a load of different ships scattered around instead of just having one ship that you upgrade a lot.

And that is actually what I do now that I am Space-Middle-Class but most players go through a phase where all they have is just one all purpose ship. So yeah it is on them classist bastards :argh:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
It is literally a warehouse with engines and a cockpit slapped on

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

AndroidHub posted:

Really hoping that the patchnotes just aren't all there, because there's no mention of prospectors being improved either, which was one of the big changes I was looking forward to.

Same. I will be pissed otherwise!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

AndroidHub posted:

Apparently some people have not been behaving in IRC, but do feel free to ask about merit grinding and such there, ping me if you must. I also have a powerplay/merit guide in the second post, but you really want somebody to wing with and IRC is the place to do that.

The channel hasn't been annexed by the minor faction people despite what they would like you to believe.

BTW, this is correct. Diamond Frogs will need Powerplay grinders, we have a border right next to us that I want to discourage from growing. We have had good success with just a handful of people so I only can gleefully imagine what a week or two of serious fuckery will gain us.

That said, our first few weeks as a power (which hopefully begins today!) will need serious help from all the Diamond Frogs. Missions need to be done, exploration data and goods need to be sold, in order to get DF the faction expanding as much as possible. We aren't nearly as gimped as we were down in Jotunheim re: expanding and we're a different government now - when you are Unfettered, it is a whole new ball game. :getin:

I am hard at work today neglecting my house, personal hygiene, etc to get some exciting new resources set up and fleshed out for you, so stand the gently caress by and listen here for further reports!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Other than the player factions blue-balling, this update owns. Mining is so much more fun and time effective now! Can't wait until they loving nerf that because fun is never allowed :suicide:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Crimson Harvest posted:

Care to give a quick rundown of the how/why/where of mining in this release?

Get a refinery. The more bins, the better. It is all automatic now as long as there are empty bins

Get a collector control module. Make sure it is size three. 3A is best, drones from it last 12 minutes and you can have two at once. You can have another module and another two drones at once, but launch them from a different fire group (you can't launch two at the same time)

If possible, put on a prospector module. It can be a size 1, they tell you what a rock has and may also boost yield

Get as much cargo space you can. Go to the munitions screen and buy "limpets", enough to fill a little more than half your cargo space.

go to the Frey system, fourth world. It has a pristine metallic ring and is not far from 63 G. Capricorni

Oh wait, did you equip mining lasers? gently caress. Luckily there is a station that sells them 62 ls away. Go there and get some, refuel, etc

Back at Frey 4, head to the inner-most ring. Set up your fire groups so you can launch a prospector, mining lasers, etc. you will need some lasers for killin' unless you got friends at your back. I slap on a KWS so you can scan pirates- yeah, go back to the station. And learn to read all instructions before starting things.

Okay, back at Frey 4, inner ring, here we go: fire a prospector. Ignore any failure messages, surprise, it is bugged. If your cargo scoop is open, it will briefly close it to program and launch the limpet (drone). Switch groups and get your collectors out. Oh boy!

Once launched, the prospector is selectable and if you are smarter than you look, will actually hit the rock. It will tell you what types of elements are in it, how much, and how much left until the rock is depleted. Shop around and look for gold, platinum, palladium, osmium, and jesus christ yes, painite. Plenty of other metals and minerals here to grab but try to make sure you prioritize any of those five.

Get somewhat close. Fire mining lasers into rock. Make sure cargo scoop is open. Now the fun part - watch your refinery and cargo hold slowly fill up! When depleted, move on and go back two steps and repeat.

Hold full? Take dat pure profit to a high tech or a refinery. I suggest Xihe which is a high tech refinery. Now check the bulletin board for mining missions. If you have the minerals take and complete for not only massive increases of money, but reputation and eventually rank missions as well!

When you get tired of gaming the bulletin board (missions reroll regularly) sell your other minerals and metals at the market and head back out! Hi-ho!

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 7, 2015

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Siets posted:

Welp, PowerPlay is now completely broken as a money-maker and is 5x the painful chore that it used to be. I used to be able to manage around 800 merits per hour, but was only able to pull off 200 merits per hour tonight after several hours of consistent applied effort.

Let's see:
  • First, interdictions are now much harder. You can now actually quite easily fail based on the mechanics alone even without the bug, throwing you out of supercruise, forcing hull damage, and giving you a long wait timer.
  • Second, the lovely spaz-out UI interdiction bug is still there and seems to happen more often than I remember.
  • Third, there's now way more spawns of Federal Navy ships that you don't get any merits for, which compete for your actual merit granting spawns.
  • Fourth, NPCs now interdict each other and quite often interdict the targets you want to fight!
  • Finally, not sure what it is, but NPCs seem to be dealing more damage and are more threatening in general. Several times tonight, I had to run from fights that I used to not have to run from. It feels like damage has been slightly increased from NPCs across the board, but it may have just been me tilting now that I realized I have another 2500 merits to go before tomorrow's reset which is probably not going to happen with these lovely mechanics being the way they are.
Congrats :frontear:, you've made your game actively worse.

At this point, if I fail to get my remaining merits tomorrow, I am planning on cutting my losses and never touching PowerPlay again. What a god awful, grindy, boring experience. I take back all of my previous praise that I posted about it.

edit: Oh and figured I'd mention that someone from IRC said that the A Lavigny bonus to bounties has been tamed down as expected too, so there's that.

Nuts to it, son, mining is where it is at

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Innerguard posted:

Where in the devilled gently caress do I get better weapons than the dross I currently have? My class 1 beams are rank F (gimballed) and I'll be hosed if I can't find a better rated set anywhere, same with my class 2 rank E multicannon (gimballed)

(I'm in a DBS)

Also class 4 rank A power plant, jesus. This fitting is tight as hell as it is with a B rank.

Look for high tech systems with large populations. They usually have the best selection of parts.

Edit: misunderstood the question!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Kryopsis posted:

CQC is a blast to play, especially on the asteroid maps where you can shake pursuers off or, appear out of nowhere behind an unshielded craft and unload your guns before the pilot even realizes what's going on. Shame the payout is so meagre. I got a flawless match just now where I ended with 7 kills and 1 assist without dying and... it's just not worth it, financially :(

Keep in mind they only recently changed it a commander starts out with 5k credits. CQC is fantastic money right out the gate and has no risk to new players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Siets posted:

Some people from the interdiction complaint thread (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=188506) are reporting that interdicting gets a bit easier under the new mechanics if you sacrifice some of your higher class slots to accommodate a higher class interdictor. I'm going to try and validate this with my Vulture tonight by dropping my 4A Shield Cell Battery for a 4A Interdictor. While this sucks to do, it is at least the first time that I have felt I have had to make a real "choice" with my ship's build. I guess that could be considered a win with the changes here, even though its a win that comes from such a soul crushing nerf.

I was interdicting anything with a 2A so I assume this was another "mechanic bugged in players' favor"

• Locked thread