Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
If any goons are lurking and debating buying this space game in space, it's on sale on Steam right now for $7.50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
still less drama than star citizen

(and more game)

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
I dicked around a bit after downloading this last weekend. Work has been a loving rear end in a top hat so I haven't been able to hop on much. I'll probably snoop out frogs this weekend or next weekend, but right now I've been just doing rando missions with boom data delivery. I'll start doing the board flipping thing, that sounds like it would be way better than actually moving system to system to pick up new quests.

What's a good credit amount to save up before buying a new ship or new gear? I'm at like 300k right now because i was stupidly doing 8k credit reward missions while learning the game. I was going to do the road to riches in the starter ship but that takes like 1.5 mil to buy the scanners? Will I die a horrible death in the starter ship doing that? Also, do you sell scanning data every 20LY or save it all until the very end?

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
As a side note, someone mentioned this earlier and I do have to agree. As a newer player, the first few times you warp to a new system and land directly on the star is a pretty crazy, pucker-up, experience.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
A note about trying to jump into bigger ships:

Don't.

If you dive right into a larger ship, you'll probably run into a serious amount of frustration. NPC spawns are somewhat dependent on your ship size, and most of the time they are engineered. It's a better idea to progress through ship sizes rather than just try to aim high for the biggest possible ship.

I made billions of spacebux doing the skimmer exploit and went out and bought an A-fit Anaconda; only to get constantly get pulled over by engineered anacondas that loving wreck me. So now I'm forced to go grind out all the engineers simply to keep up with the increased ship sizes that I'm running into.

I'd advise to stick to small and medium ships until you get your engineers up to a respectable level. Otherwise you'll be banging your head against a wall over and over trying to play catch up with a large and slow rear end ship.

• Locked thread