Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Helianthus Annuus posted:

they mentioned off-hand on the live stream that it takes 9 hours to update the servers

That's also what they posted on their forums.

Though you really shouldn't go there. It's....unpleasant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

CornHolio posted:

I was bounty hunting and nicked the wrong ship and got a bounty. I waited two hours for my notoriety to go to zero, went to a station that had an international factions guy, but he won't clear my bounty because he seems to think I still have a notoriety level (it says I'm too high-profile right now and I have to wait until my notoriety goes down). I checked and it still says 0.

What do I do?

Blow up the station.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

wargames posted:

you should have 100% been denied access to the toads and be told "go look at Private Game Servers"

There's also a link in the OP.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Honestly, I make money faster and more reliably doing the Road to Riches than bounty hunting in high or haz res zones. And I am super eager to make money fast so I can go and do other neat stuff.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

the milk machine posted:

Not in-game months, Beavis

I've been playing elite here and there since January or so, omg literal months of time

Elite is the only game I have ever played where I feel like I'm wasting my life if I am not doing something else simultaneously. I usually listen to Critical Role episodes to feel like I'm doing something at least moderately enriching.

Clearly, if I enjoyed nothing about the game I wouldn't play it. The bits of fun where I get to fly around space with my friends is really the only reason I'm playing it, since there isn't anything else out there that lets me do that. The rest of the game outside of that is honestly really boring, and there are a lot of people who feel like it could be improved.

If there was another game like it this that had been released where the making money part was actually fun I'd abandon Elite in a heartbeat. I figure a good number of folks are in the same boat. So it shouldn't be too surprising that a lot of people are both sticking around and complaining about how the progression in this game is a lot of time for little satisfaction.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Crimson Harvest posted:

How far can a fully laden type 9 jump now? And can a person afford to set one up for ~220mil

You should be able to check here: https://coriolis.io/

I don't think they've updated for the new engineering modules though. If you max out the old system you'll get under what the new system can get you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Sanzuo posted:

The type 9 now has 2 class 8 internal slots which doesn't seem to be reflected on coriolis.

Woop. Thanks for the heads up!

• Locked thread