Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I have an off brand buttkicker and I use it all the time, even just for music and stuff. It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

alphabettitouretti posted:

How's the Oculus for ED? It's on sale with touch controllers at the moment for $/£399.

Yes it's great. As long as you have at least a GTX970.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Don't do max profit per hour. Just do stuff that's fun. Maybe hit all the CGs so you get a payout when they finish. Early game is the most fun anyway.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Elite in VR is super awesome just because of the scale and the freedom to look around. Sound design doesn't hurt either.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
My dual stick setup has 6 hands on axis and two off hand. It's pretty dope. Of course I only use it because it's fun, most effective control is keyboard and mouse.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
My Anaconda actually fit with gear for exploring and landing and stuff:

FSD Roll:

Sensor Roll:

The stock sensor on the Anaconda is so heavy that lightweight makes a real difference to jump range.

I forget what the max jump with a boost is, probably like 280 or something.

TomR fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 27, 2017

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

Einbauschrank posted:

I'd be curious to know wether that build still exists after the rollback of some exploits.

I didn't do any exploits. I just got lucky rolls.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Engineering rolls are random. The effects in a roll are bound by rules, but the roll it's self is a one off. I actually got one of my best rolls first try, and burned all the rest of my mats trying to get a little better but nothing came up. It's like rolling dice. You could get 100 1 rolls before you got a 6, or you could get a 6 first try.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Yeah, get in the discord and ask away. Even if you never leave solo.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Hey man.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Under the old system my Anaconda could do 66ly max.

Under the new system with shield and SRV:

No shield or SRV:

I like the changes because now I can god roll everything and choose which side effect to use.

Also I was able to test the FSD mods and found that FSD mass manager was best for my Anaconda, followed closely by the one that lets you use extra fuel and in a distant third place was the one that makes the FSD lighter. This stuff is good to know and it would be crazy to try and figure out with the old system.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

limaCAT posted:

:guinness:

Are The experimental side effects that can cancel the blueprint defects still in?

You mean like a blueprint makes something heavier but you apply a side effect that makes it lighter again? Yeah, some of that is still around.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

lol

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I spent way too much time to get the last little bit of jump range, but here it is:

That's with shields and sensors etc. for exploring.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
No, maybe get another ly or two tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Make it like Mechwarror 2: Mercenaries where you could blow out the cockpit of another mech and then it was yours to use after you paid to fix it up.

• Locked thread