Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Anyone know a good system for grinding Alliance rep? Preferably not via combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Overwined posted:

So what kind of jump range can you get out of the Orca vs the Python? I mostly do long range passenger missions/exploration for cash and have a FAS for inbubble pew pew action.

Also, I'm still really attached to my almost perfect AspX, so they'd have to be substantial improvements over that.

I don't know about the orca, but this empty Python is fit for trading with 272 tons of space.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

Zorgon Peterson is stuck in the past emulating ancient lifting body designs on ships that can't even enter atmosphere. They want to look good for their clientele but can't innovate. Likewise Saud Kruger is beholden to build space liners that look like liners.

Is it true that these ships can't do atmospheric flight, or that the game just doesn't have a model for allowing it? Because a lot of these wouldn't have any problem flying on thrusters in atmosphere, as long as they're not oxygen-breathing in atmosphere mode.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I found a yellow planet which I don't think I've seen before, or at least paid attention to. Also it has cool rings.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Drone posted:

Coming back to this after spending the day playing with my new DBE: I love this ship.

Me too, I went out with a tourist to a beacon 11,800 light years away, that ship is incredible. I left the SRV bay at home to fit the passenger cabin. 50 light years per jump when fully gassed.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Mercurius posted:

Combat aftermath USS (which are in shipping lanes) will sometimes have them and I think they're one of the materials that can spawn at Dav’s Hope which is a persistent POI on planet A 5 in Hyades Sector DR-V c2-23 at 44.818/-31.389 (use http://hotdoy.ca/ed/bearing/ to find the site).

The definitely spawn there, but it's rare. I was going for something else and in about 15 resets I saw them twice.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

mrmcd posted:

Achenar 3 is supposedly a 6.7G planet. There's​ videos of landings on YouTube.

Lithobraking is technically landing I guess.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Trustworthy posted:

So, I haven't listened to this eerie, ancient derelict's audio logs yet. Gonna poke around inside some of these containers first; I mean, what's the worst that could happen? :q:

That cargo is way too big to scoop but I appreciate the hustle.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Snaxx posted:

How long does it take to get to Colonia using a typical engineered asp and the highway?

I don't know but you better practice the overcharge before going so you dont kill yourself.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Overwined posted:

So what kind of jump range can I expect out of a heavily engineered Python? I'm thinking about selling my pretty blinged out AspX for one. I can afford the Python and fittings without selling the AspX. Curious if the Python will make the AspX irrelevant.

I have a long-range cargo-fitted Python that does 36LY unladen.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

If there are no railings, what are you supposed to lean casually against while watching other people work?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Dravs posted:

What is the difference between the weapon types? What is the difference between fixed, gimballed and the other one (tracking I think? Guessing that just shoots automatically?)

And what's the difference between pulse lasers, beam, burst etc?! There is a lot of confusing stuff here.

Fixed don't move at all, gimbals have a few degrees of swivel and automatically try to target the lead-ahead target. Turrets are pretty much omnidirectional and their behavior is controlled by the right-side options panel.

Pulse lasers are like a machine gun, it keeps shooting as long as you hold the trigger down (and it has energy). Burst shoots a few bolts per trigger pull. Beams fire a continuous laser. Make sure to look at the capacitor drain stat in the fitting screen to get an idea about how much each uses.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Phi230 posted:

I wish they would let you get bigger ships. And build your own production facilities/stations. And maybe have traders under your employ to do automated trade runs.

You're in the wrong game, or is this :thejoke:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I did the guardian ruins in a system and got various parts and data, I suppose I should do the other two?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Holy poo poo that is as much as my modified PP on The Pig!

Can you mod that? :monocle:

Someone tl;dr Mat Traders because I need to roll my DBX back up to spec and am too lazy to trawl through the brownsea/reddit. I need arsenic mostly, but I think I need DWEs too!

Also which experimental is better? Mass Manager or Deep Charge?

Just use the cheat sheet from Canonn: https://ruins.canonn.technology/
It is impossibly tedious otherwise and even with the cheat sheet you are looking at dozens of hours for 200m credits (at the most). Also the writing is lovely. Personally, if you want to make money: do something else more fun. If you want to see cool lore-content, find the generation ships which actually have decent writing and voice-acting attached.
Oh the new stuff in the Galnet is part of an older event? That's dumb, I'm not interested in doing some extremely long thing, just making new equipment.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I bought a Chieftain because it looked cool but what do I do with it now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

How far can a fully laden type 9 jump now? And can a person afford to set one up for ~220mil

• Locked thread