Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Custom ship voices because I want something stupid like a pirate

HCS Voice Packs have custom ship voices, as well as some other features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Siets posted:

I've yet to find any smartphone VNC app that does not run without some kind of obnoxious latency. To be fair, I've only tried Splashtop Streamer on iOS (which was supposed to be rated as one of the best.) Unless anyone has any recommendations in this area, I don't recommend trying to play Elite with any smartphone-based VR solution.

Mike the TV posted:

I'm using an app called Trinus on my pc and phone that send video (from Elite) to my phone while using Cardboard and then translates movement into head tracking for Elite.

He's saying it works fine.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

frank.club posted:

It's not for iOS

Not everyone has iOS either. "Unless anyone has any recommendations in this area"

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

slidebite posted:

I tried that and it still didn't show any, so I restarted the game and it worked :shrug:

So, I have ANOTHER question. I know I have asked this before and never really figured it out, so here goes:

When I have any turreted weapon, be it a beam, multi-cannon, whatever, as soon as I touch the trigger it keeps shooting even if I let off it. The only way I can get them to shut-down is to turn to a different hardpoint (like warrant scanner or anything).

This does not happen ever with Gimbaled or fixed weapons, only turreted. I have them at fire mode "target only" as screen shot show, not fire at will. And happens regardless of ship type. I'm rocking a Python now but did it with my old Vulture as well.

Any idea how to stop this? It's annoying as heck and I can't imagine it's supposed to happen that way.

Working as designed(or at least how it's been implemented for a while now)

• Locked thread