Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Did it live up to the 4 star hold for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the krillin and yajirobe and vegeta vioces are good

i believe you

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Did it live up to the 4 star hold for you?

i dont understand

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wrap me in your powerful arms, goku-senpai

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Amorphous Blob posted:

i dont understand

http://www.amazon.com/Dragonball-Hair-Styling-Wax-Hard/dp/B00F5GTPNC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442361092&sr=8-2&keywords=dragonball+hair

That dragonball that is in half, unless I'm mistaken it's from the hair wax that is on offer.

I have the 7 star one.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Oh dawg no it had the vegeta and Trunks stauette inside.

Dbz hair glue is brilliant.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Unless that hair gel was imbued with the strength of hercules, there is no way that can allow you to have Goku's hairstyle.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Hercules "malk" satan

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
anyway folks not sure why THE BALLS ARE INERT and ITS OVER 9000 aren't in the op but at least a little part is in the title

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

anyway folks not sure why THE BALLS ARE INERT and ITS OVER 9000 aren't in the op but at least a little part is in the title

Because a long time ago we became a level beyond megathread.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So this is what I got in this past week up to today, a mail haul of sorts!

My SDCC 2015 Goku :D Apparently the guy decided since it did NOT come with a brown shipper since it was a SDCC figure, he'd put it in some obscure one instead. I was very pleased.

Also just got in my Medico's Goku statue

My effects for my S.H. Figuarts:

Makankosappo (Special Beam Canon)

Kamehameha

Galick Gun!

All three together.

Lastly, my new Vegeta Pop! for scale.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Dragon, Dragon! Rock the Dragon! Dragon Ball Z!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gildiss posted:

Why was this not used in Xenoverse

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Awesome Welles posted:

Why was this not used in Xenoverse

There is a trend, long running in the VGs case, of just using the Japanese soundtrack instead of the Falcunoer track.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

These bad dragon items are just getting weirder and weirder

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Which one if you dips voted for Mr. Satan instead of cool Trunks?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Gildiss posted:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was searching for a gift for my girlfriend like two weeks ago, and I found this guy and I couldn't resist, I had to have him.

I also bought her a kid Gohan, because she thinks that Gohan post-Androids was lame as balls so she didn't deserve the super cool Ultimate Gohan toy. Which I should've bought for myself but I ran out of money.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Covok posted:

There is a trend, long running in the VGs case, of just using the Japanese soundtrack instead of the Falcunoer track.

The Japanese soundtrack is far superior anyway.

http://youtu.be/5iIQ7617moI

Goddamn this poo poo is good.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Head Chala is better than Rock the Dragon

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Covok posted:

Seriouspost, wouldn't Rock the Dragon have predated Faulconer, since it was used back when the Ocean Group was doing the voices?

The Faulconer pieces we (I?) associate with DBZ don't start showing up until after Funimation took over the dubbing.

Also, this:

Aurora posted:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Aurora posted:

Some Numbers posted:

Seriouspost, wouldn't Rock the Dragon have predated Faulconer, since it was used back when the Ocean Group was doing the voices?

The Faulconer pieces we (I?) associate with DBZ don't start showing up until after Funimation took over the dubbing.

Also, this:

the old fogeys section of the forum is thataway, nerds

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Aurora posted:

It's about nostalgia damnit.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Blaze Dragon posted:

I was searching for a gift for my girlfriend like two weeks ago, and I found this guy and I couldn't resist, I had to have him.

I also bought her a kid Gohan, because she thinks that Gohan post-Androids was lame as balls so she didn't deserve the super cool Ultimate Gohan toy. Which I should've bought for myself but I ran out of money.

She is entirely right

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Uh gohan is awesome and cool and he should preform fusion with future trunks and they could be future adult gotenks and it would be rad.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Cool Gohan should fuse with cool Trunks and kill the androids and buu. Lame Gohan and lame Trunks would trip on his own tail.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Elfgames posted:

Uh gohan is awesome and cool and he should preform fusion with future trunks and they could be future adult gotenks and it would be rad.

Gohanks

Go hanks

In on mobile but pretend I inserted a king of the hill screenshot here

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Amorphous Blob posted:

Cool Gohan should fuse with cool Trunks and kill the androids and buu. Lame Gohan and lame Trunks would trip on his own tail.

So Cell saga Gohan and Kid Trunks that dates Mai? They're around the same height so that may work.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Aurora posted:

please kill yourself

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

please kill yourself

Because we think this sounds better than this?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i have been thinking about some thigns. they are as follows. i haven't watched any of Super yet, because i saw the movies, and while ill probably eventualyl watch it, i just haven't yet. one thing i am disappointed about is that, in dbz, part of the fun as a kid was guessing who would be/was the strongest. like goku was the hero, but until he went ssj he was like definitely not the strongest we know this now (outclassed by vegeta and frieza), however it was cool when he arrived like a hero on namek and we all wondered if he could go toe to toe with freeza, and then he held his own against 4th form for a while and we wondered if maybe he could win with the spirit bomb. like there was a bit of ambiguity and the feeling that our heroes could maybe just do it if they fought hard enough. however now that vegeta and goku are so much stronger than everyone its a little more boring bc kids can't be like "man i think gohan might surpass goku to save the day" or whatever like me and my buds did in the cell saga. imagine how it felt when that happened and then gohan went ssj2... it was wild. but now its like really defined and the gap is so big that theres no chance for the cool other guys (so not like yamcha and tien who loving suck) to even compete. and even the enemies like beerus or gold freeza, you don't have that sort of do or die tension against them bc everyone is pretty aware of where they stand and theyre not struggling in a life or death thing. so while for a movie that is cool and all it is not the same for a series, like i remember on namek or against the androids where as a kid i could believe someone was going to die in the next fight and we needed a hero to save the day. thanks and god bless.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Some Numbers posted:

Because we think this sounds better than this?

yes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We Gotta Power is better than Cha-La if you actually want to bring up a good Japanese DBZ theme

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cosmo's right tho

Covok
May 27, 2013

Anyone ever notice the DBZ fandom has a strange love for the movie villians despite them often being flimsy copies of main series villians?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Covok posted:

Anyone ever notice the DBZ fandom has a strange love for the movie villians despite them often being flimsy copies of main series villians?

It's not strange. They have cool as gently caress character designs.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i like the main series villains probably better. nostalgically i remember being legitimately concerned about recoome and freeza, as both seemed impossible to defeat, to me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Here's a list of the DBZ movies and their villains, with ripoff status as determined by me.

Dead Zone- Garlic Jr- fairly Pilafish in look, I don't know enough about DB to know if he stole a plot too.
Worlds Strongest- Dr. Wheelo- haven't seen this one
Tree Of Might- Turles- Design is of course Goku, plot is pretty basic alien invasion. Let's say Saiyan Saga 2.0
Lord Slug- Lord Slug- basically just Piccolo Daimou; yeah?
Cooler's Revenge- Cooler- Namek 2.0, acknowledged in film
Return of Cooler- Meta-Cooler- Mecha Frieza notes, basically just another Cooler movie.
Super Android 13- Androids 13-15- Similar to Cooler above, this is not trying to be anything but More Androids, plus some Cell.
Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan- Broly- Anime Hulk. Basic shonen stuff, really.
Bojack Unbound- Bojack- very Cell inspired with the tourney and SSj2 Teen Gohan
Broly: Second Coming- Broly- Sequel; this time the A-team is not around.
Bio-Broly- Bio-Broly- Bio-Broly.
Fusion Reborn- Janemba- obvious Buu influences
Wrath of the Dragon- Hirudegarn- big scary space monster.
Battle of Gods- Beerus and Whis- basic shonen "oh no he's beyond our power! Oh yeah new power!" like in every arc.
Revival of F- Golden Frieza- It's Frieza again, new Super Saiyan forms, yep.

This is off the top of my head and it's been years since I've seen most of these, so feel free to disagree. I'm not counting RoF, Cooler or the Androids as ripoffs because they are more just continuations of the main story. Garlic, Janemba, Bojack, and Turles though? Little ripoff.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Think about this:

There's a guy out there that likes turles

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Turles: what if Goku was Vegeta??? Wouldn't that be weird???
Also now that I think about it he has to compete with Raditz and Ginyu-Goku. Turles: third best evil Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Wait I thought Tree of Might was supposed to be good??

• Locked thread