Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Nope. Just watched it again. It could have been a fun fight if Trunks hadn't decided to be a dick and end it 30 seconds into it. The whole movie should have been one big tournament and all our favorite B listers having a good time punching each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Future Trunks does not seem like the kind of person who wants to or is capable of fighting for fun. Dude is conditioned to just stop threats due to his Circumstances.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Darko posted:

I like the Super Beerus/God fight better than the movie version. It even has some stuff we've never seen before, like Goku smashing the giant energy ball.

Yeah. This episode was actually fairly fun to watch, even the small differences of how the two interact in the fight proving interesting. The techniques shown were also cool, if much in contrast to the film's more... simplistic, but highly skilful combat. Beerus' footballs of doom were awesome.

Its also really interesting to contrast against this episode against the latest manga chapter, since the fight there hews closer to the film (even outright recreating a few scenes), yet is also more concerned with the series' own plot. Speaking of: Beerus being the god of destruction for universe six, rather than seven, is... interesting, to think about.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It might have been a typo. I know I was confused by it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Darko posted:

I like the Super Beerus/God fight better than the movie version. It even has some stuff we've never seen before, like Goku smashing the giant energy ball.

The usual cheerleading from everyone cutting to Beerus and Goku doing stupid stuff was the best. They didn't even know what was going on

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

"maybe gohan's kid is evil" - a good father

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Condiv posted:

He watched Dragon Ball GT and that was the nicest thing he could say.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Condiv posted:

There is quite a bit of the Devil and Satan in that bloodline.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Darko posted:

It's unfortunately over really quickly.

The fan art it came with is really ugly too

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Amorphous Blob posted:

Oh jesus christ what is that?

Somebody wish it away with the Dragon Balls for the love of god please.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

why isn't jaco on the poll?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I forgot about him/ran out of room.

Oolong's popularity is as hilarious as his dub voice.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Did the original 4:3 versions of DBZ movies 1-13 ever get HD transfers?

I watched some random copy of Cooler's Revenge today on a whim, and unfortunately it was matted for widescreen...

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Raxivace posted:

Oh jesus christ what is that?

Somebody wish it away with the Dragon Balls for the love of god please.

Why did he give him big puffy testicles for his top lip. Even looking at real Sphynx cats that part of their face doesn't extend that far it's bigger then his eyes in that picture haha.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Amorphous Blob posted:

Can we report this for being NMS or something. Goddamn that's creepy.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Vire posted:

Why did he give him big puffy testicles for his top lip. Even looking at real Sphynx cats that part of their face doesn't extend that far it's bigger then his eyes in that picture haha.
I just googled Sphynx cats and there's plenty of ballsack faces.

I get that the picture is weird looking but you guys are blowing it way out of proportion here.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's almost as scary as...teh ocean...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder what turn Super will take in two weeks when the Battle of Gods recap ends

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Carlosologist posted:

I wonder what turn Super will take in two weeks when the Battle of Gods recap ends

Well, the Dragonball wiki seems to be under the impression that we're launching straight into the RoF recap next. Not sure where they're pulling info from, but I've kinda resigned myself to the fact that we're going to hit episode 25 before we get full-on new story content. Which is disappointing, but I've been enjoying this version of BoG so its not a horrible tragedy.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

jivjov posted:

Well, the Dragonball wiki seems to be under the impression that we're launching straight into the RoF recap next. Not sure where they're pulling info from, but I've kinda resigned myself to the fact that we're going to hit episode 25 before we get full-on new story content. Which is disappointing, but I've been enjoying this version of BoG so its not a horrible tragedy.

Yeah, for all the complaints of the animation Super has been pretty good. Super Saiyan God is actually getting a good look as a transformation rather than the temporary power up it was in BoG. Obviously it's gonna be outclassed real soon but it's nice to see that it's getting a fair shake

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Honestly, as much as I liked BoG and RoF, I was kinda hoping that SSG would be temporary, like "Oh this is neat, I got a temporary power up to fight the God of Destruction. Well, back to training!" and maybe only pull it out again if they're in dire straits.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean that is kinda what happened

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really hope that Super actually shows us how Frieza trained.

I want Frieza to be hitting a punching bag while wearing a hoody, with eye of the tiger blaring.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Krillin and family continue to be the cutest part about this show

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Thread's power level is now as strong as awakened Krillin, so here's the only fight that was relevant in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23wDabpUNg

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!
So I never watched GT and decided to watch a random episode. In this episode Vegeta shaves his moustache (because his daughter told him it made him look like a geek) and gets really upset when no one else notices the change. Pretty funny, tbqh.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Amorphous Blob posted:

Thread's power level is now as strong as awakened Krillin, so here's the only fight that was relevant in.

Krillin vs. Imperfect Cell is an underrated fight IMO, as brief as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=styJ91Ug1iE

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

So I never watched GT and decided to watch a random episode. In this episode Vegeta shaves his moustache (because his daughter told him it made him look like a geek) and gets really upset when no one else notices the change. Pretty funny, tbqh.

Thats literally the best episode.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation

Raxivace posted:

Hahaha, why does he grab the plane, can't he fly on his own faster than that?

How far into the cell saga is that? Is it before or after Cell has absorbed a bunch of (normal) people? Because I think Cell after absorbing thousands of people is stronger than 17 and 18, and it would be surprising for Krillin to be able to put up a fight against an opponent like that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

How far into the cell saga is that? Is it before or after Cell has absorbed a bunch of (normal) people? Because I think Cell after absorbing thousands of people is stronger than 17 and 18, and it would be surprising for Krillin to be able to put up a fight against an opponent like that.

I know Cell had absorbed a decent number of people at that point, but I can't remember how many more he absorbed after first meeting Piccolo but before absorbing 17.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Man, Goten is one smooth operator in that GT episode.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Goten is a cool boy and it's not his fault hes his dad's mini me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Amorphous Blob posted:

Goten is a cool boy and it's not his fault hes his dad's mini me.

Yes it is, Goten went back in time and became Bardock's father.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Who is the Bender to Goten's Fry?

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly can't tell if you're kidding.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Who is the Bender to Goten's Fry?

You have to ask who is best friend who always gets him into trouble is?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What I'm really saying is that Trunks should have been a robot.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Raxivace posted:

it's weird that kai retained so much god damned filler

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

He had not gotten that many at this point. And was still ruining from Piccolo as he was weaker then him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raxivace posted:

What I'm really saying is that Trunks should have been a robot.

• Locked thread