Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

lezard_valeth posted:

Kais grow from trees. They could just grow more.

But they'd have no direction from former Kais. They'd make Shin look competent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Zamasu chopped down all the Kai trees while laughing maniacally

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, if you can't see him and Black eating a bunch of the Kai fruit while laughing maniacally, I don't know what to tell you.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I miss Zamasu. He was such a fine young lad. One of the reasons I want a new thread is so that I can change my vote to Zamasu

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
That poll is unacceptable, why are all of the androids and Cell mashed together but loving Uub has his own slot?!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If we can be real here, the OP of this thread is utter dogshit.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I've been hoping for a while somebody would make a new thread with a non-awful OP.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
The OP should just be a bunch of Krillin highlights, like when he high-fived 18.

And Vegeta pouting with his arms crossed while his family acts like a bunch of happy earthlings.

Maybe throw in Goku and Piccolo getting their driver's licenses, for old time's sake.

Edit: Almost forgot Gowasu watching GodTube. That's mandatory, too.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 19, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The OP should just be the car driving episode followed by Vegeta at a theme park followed by super Satan vs Lord beebus

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The OP should be nothing but gay fanart of all kinds because I hate myself.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The OP shouldn't exist because Zen'o-sama erased it forever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In fact bad threads should be destroyed so good ones can take form in their place.

The Mods we have now simply are not up to the task. We need something more powerful...something like Mods of Destruction (Or "MoDs" for short) to replace them. Perhaps if we were forced to appease such MoDs with food and bribes then ADTRW would become the subforum with the highest Mortal Level.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the op is the Universe 9 of OPs

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

OP is just Uncle Piccolo giving very specific babysitting instructions for Pan.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Jedah posted:

OP is just Uncle Piccolo giving very specific babysitting instructions for Pan.

Dude, why would Uncle Piccolo explain eroticism and how Akira Toriyama somehow got nipples in a Shonen Jump manga?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm gonna make a new thread and keep the OP up to date on the anime, manga, games and more. I have alot of downtime. The title is gonna be r/DBZ

Covok
May 27, 2013

RBX posted:

I'm gonna make a new thread and keep the OP up to date on the anime, manga, games and more. I have alot of downtime. The title is gonna be r/DBZ

*In Zen-Oh Sama voice* Squish!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

RBX posted:

Just as long as you don't get permaprobationed like the last guy

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Goku can't revive Raditz and Nappa because they reincarnated as Goten and Trunks. That's canon. I can prove it if you read this 10000 page livejournal I wrote.

Covok
May 27, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Goku can't revive Raditz and Nappa because they reincarnated as Goten and Trunks. That's canon. I can prove it if you read this 10000 page livejournal I wrote.

All this livejournal is a collection of GokuxVegetaXBulmaXChiChixFreezaxCellxPiccolo polygamy fanfiction with a lemon twist.

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Personally, I think it would be cool if the OP had a bunch of info about Dragonball in general aimed at people less familiar with the series and maybe a list of the various series and games and other media. Then every other post is free to still be an in-reference joke for other obsessive DB fans.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Stuffguyman posted:

Personally, I think it would be cool if the OP had a bunch of info about Dragonball in general aimed at people less familiar with the series and maybe a list of the various series and games and other media. Then every other post is free to still be an in-reference joke for other obsessive DB fans.

Not disagreeing with you per se but wait, are there people that would hang around ADTRW and NOT know the basic stuff about DB/DBZ?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Dias posted:

Not disagreeing with you per se but wait, are there people that would hang around ADTRW and NOT know the basic stuff about DB/DBZ?

I mean a lot of people don't know anything about the series besides people scream and lasers are shot.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
There should be a second post after the OP that's just a giant essay about the Great Sin Cast Upon the Earth by Toriyama the Betrayer: Power Levels, and how they were relevant exactly up until they weren't any more.

Covok
May 27, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

There should be a second post after the OP that's just a giant essay about the Great Sin Cast Upon the Earth by Toriyama the Betrayer: Power Levels, and how they were relevant exactly up until they weren't any more.

Have American fans ever gotten over the fact that power levels don't matter?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Covok posted:

I mean a lot of people don't know anything about the series besides people scream and lasers are shot.

I meeeeean...that's about it, really.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Power levels clearly do matter though? They inform almost every fight in Z from Raditz to Buu.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what power levels do is break scouters and make freeza's henchmen look like idiots

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Ninth Layer posted:

Power levels clearly do matter though? They inform almost every fight in Z from Raditz to Buu.

Buu was ultimately defeated by the guy who can't use ki. What do power levels inform about that?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Ninth Layer posted:

:chloe:

They inform the fights up through Frieza. You could argue that they still matter a bit in Cell, except that at that point the power creep is so insane that you're getting into "everybody here is stronger than Goku was when he turned SSJ on Namek, even Tenshinhan, with the possible exception of Yamcha".

They go out the window completely the second 4 year-old Goten and Trunks turn Super Saiyan with minimal effort, even though The Serpent, Toriyama muddies the waters again during the tournament when Babidi's goons are measuring peoples' auras with that meter.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

buu was ultimately defeated by a giant energy ball that's super effective against evil

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

But Goku still needed a wish to raise his power level enough to win the genki-dama battle against Buu. Remember when Buu was pushing it back?

:thunk:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As an outright numerical concept they only matter until end of Freeza. Then the scale is broken irreversibly for the Cell saga and you're left with nebulous power tiers, Buu comes along and it gets even more nebulous/less important with all the new power-ups and fusion stuff, then Super just does away with it all. There's a reason why power level discussions became more stupid as time went on, and it was because Toriyama didn't give a gently caress about keeping the concept cohesive other than on a very general "he's HUGE, he must have HUGE POWER LEVELS" basis.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Theory: Goku was able to retain the abilities of SSG because Old Kai gave him his life force during the Buu Saga. My column:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fact of the matter is, up until super the stronger guy always won. you can argue buu didn't but really he lost to the entire planet earth plus whatever else was in that big dumb energy ball

do the numbers matter? no, not really. that and power bloat are good reasons for them to have disappeared after freeza went past 1 million. but you don't see a weaker guy beating a stronger guy by outsmarting him at any point after raditz died. super tries to get around that stuff by completely ignoring how strong anyone should be relative to anyone else, which is fine since it lets people like master roshi matter for once, but I can see why some it gives some turbonerds aneurysms

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

deadly_pudding posted:

"everybody here is stronger than Goku was when he turned SSJ on Namek, even Tenshinhan, with the possible exception of Yamcha".

I really doubt this.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Tien probably isn't stronger than SSJ Goku during Namek at that point, you're right. But everyone else in the Cell Saga surpasses Namek SSJ Goku.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

piccolo and the saiyans have for sure, but when does any human ever fight and win against someone even close to as strong as freeza in dbz, let alone goku at the end of namek

tien pushes cell into a hole but that doesn't count as him being stronger than goku on namek

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He didn't just push him into a hole.

People love to downplay Tien because I'm not entirely sure why, but what Tien did was completely over power Cell in his Semi Perfect form.

Yeah he did it with a super dangerous technique that wrecked his poo poo, but that's like saying that Goku using the Kaio Ken means that he's not strong.

He did it with his own power, when Semi Perfect Cell was so far beyond Freeza at that point to be ridiculous.

Could he BEAT Freeza in a fight? Who knows, likely not, Freeza is really hard to kill.

But he was definitely in that weight class by that point. 18 could do dick all to Semi Perfect Cell, nor could 16, who were both stronger than SSJ Goku. 16 was little more than fodder against him. Tien actively kept Cell down and kept forcing him back down, even when Cell was struggling with all his power.

It's a good feat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

piccolo and the saiyans have for sure, but when does any human ever fight and win against someone even close to as strong as freeza in dbz, let alone goku at the end of namek

tien pushes cell into a hole but that doesn't count as him being stronger than goku on namek

I'm pretty sure they were leaving the humans out of it

• Locked thread