Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Burkion posted:

Here's the key difference between Freeza and Beerus. Look at their introductions.

The introduction to Beerus in Super is him exploding half of a planet because the terrified inhabitants fed him a banquet and he tried one dish and didn't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Hit is going to get owned so hard he'll spontaneously turn into Yamcha.

So that's how Yamcha is going to get into the tournament.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Even though Freeza is very experienced in blowing up planets, I'm pretty sure that even he probably doesn't have a good idea precisely how long it's going to take a planet to explode when he drops a death ball into it.

Delayed planet destruction is not a precise science!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I'm surprised by how much they pushed Basil this episode. It felt like they gave him more screen time than Universe 7.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

anime was right posted:

the first 80% of that episode was boring as gently caress but the last 20% was alright

Yeah the majority of the episode was really obvious boring corner cutting stuff like constant repeats of the Trio and Goku teleporting around without actually physically moving their bodies and infinite cuts to the gods on the bench to be talking heads repeatedly. The last part redeemed it though, that was pretty loving unsettling, especially Zeno's arm raise gag being used in that context.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

UNIVERSE PRANK GONE WRONG?!? [GOD OF DESTRUCTION SHITS HIS PANTS] (NEW SERIES)

Beerus would probably poo poo his pants if Goku or Vegeta got knocked out.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

Beerus is like my favourite character. He's always so angry, but his anger is directed exactly where it should be. At Goku and his dumb antics. He's wonderful and I'm so glad Super expanded his role from the movie.

It's actually really great to see Beerus's chickens coming home to roost so consistently. He built up Goku for his own entertainment and then used him as a pawn and now Goku has driven everything off the rails and Beerus's rear end is over the fire and there's absolutely nothing he can do about it but sit and bitch and regret ever looking for the Super Saiyan God.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

U6 is probably above U7 because Champa is too lazy to gently caress up as much as Beerus

I'd probably put this down to Vados vs Whis. Vados seems to spend most of her time mocking Champa and tricking him into doing things for his own(and presumably others') benefit, whereas Whis pretty much splits his time between letting Beerus do whatever the gently caress he wants and catering to Beerus's whims and then loving off to have some me time when Beerus checks out.

To be fair to Whis, this difference is probably made possible by Champa seeming to be a drat sight stupider than Beerus, so he's easier to lead around by the nose.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is Dragon Ball Super, where Goku has consistently failed to measure up to his opponents (lost against Beerus, was weaker than Freeza and won by time-cheating, gave up against Hit, lost to Zamasu).

Goku was weaker than Golden Freeza but outlasted him and had won the fight until Freeza called in outside help to shoot Goku in the back, so I'm willing to give Goku the W despite calling in his own outside help.

I don't know if it's actually possible for Goku to fight Beerus at this point because the universe was blowing up the last time they were going at it and that was when Goku was several orders of magnitude less powerful. It's probably like how GoDs aren't allowed to fight GoDs for that reason by this point, except one of the GoDs stands for Goku of Destruction.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Stallion Cabana posted:

That's what the World of the Void is for, duh.

I actually wonder if the GoDs can't use the World of the Void for sparring with each other or whatever. It would probably do wonders for Champa and Beerus's relationship and having some equally powerful opponents would have nipped the whole Super Saiyan God thing in the bug.

Maybe Beerus is such an rear end that none of the other GoDs wants to give him the time of day.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Kild posted:

Also that none of the Angels rewound time to prevent their GoDs from dying

The time rewind is only a couple minutes and has a long cooldown. If Beerus is chilling on his own planet taking a nap when Zamasu shows up at the Supreme Kai's planet and shanks Shin, rewinding time for a couple minutes isn't going to make any difference because Beerus won't have time to physically travel there because GoDs and Angels don't have any form of instant transmission.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Nessus posted:

For myself I'd rather be talking about Naruto than "another website has users who have lovely opinions"

On the whole topic of God ki, has anyone else managed to crack it open? I actually was surprised when I watched earlier Super, because I expected the whole reason for Vegeta watching the Goku/Beerus tussle was so that he could just abruptly pop red and grin some time later. Maybe they decided against doing that.

They've been oddly weird with God ki. Goku and Vegeta switch to it when they go blue, but dudes like the Trio De Dangers have undetectable ki too and nobody comments on them having god ki.

As for Vegeta grinning, it's a running theme with Vegeta that despite how much he bitches about Goku he really loves whenever he gets to see any Saiyan do something amazing in battle. It's also why he was staring off in the distance and grinning when Goku and Gohan were having their punch up.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Black August posted:

It hasn't changed at all. Satan and family were there to enjoy a cosmic level match with 6 and 7, and it proved a good thing for everyone until Zeno showed up. The ToP isn't allowing any spectators that aren't Destroyers and Kaioshin, because they're all going to be erased from existence. This is a closed door blindfold russian roulette show for Zen-chan, and not a single rear end in a top hat who is going to be wiped out is going to get to see what goes down or influence it in any way.

Well, except for the part that before Zeno showed up Champa was about to destroy his entire team for no other reason than because they lost and Beerus dropped an incredibly thinly veiled threat at Goku to not dare to intervene.

Zeno is basically just doing the same thing on a larger scale.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Frost's naked opportunism and total cowardice are loving amazing and I love him. All these fight junkies looking for good battles and flexing their techniques on each other and this dude just sneaks up and gives people the equivalent of a double handed push before throwing down a smoke bomb and skittering off.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I'm okay with how Krillin went out because he didn't even lose a fight. Like he spent the entire episode clowning on fools with very little effort, saved the game for a massively more powerful teammate singlehandedly, and only got knocked out by a cheap shot instead of getting beaten down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

a cartoon duck posted:

A large part of power levels mattering is also because of antagonists becoming increasingly resilient more than anything. Freeza's deal initially was just being leagues ahead in terms of power but he shrugged off being cut in half like it's no thing. Then we got androids who never tire so you either win in the first thirty seconds or lose a war of attrition, Cell who can survive as long as a speck of him is left and Buu being able to shrug off anything short of complete and total annihilation. Zamasu arguably is taking this to its logical conclusion of just being so impervious to anything that just getting even huger power levels isn't going to change things so all that's left in is bringing a baby to toss him out instead.

Obviously power levels are a thing, but they're not the most important thing so long as your opponents can shrug off the planet exploding. Hell if we know what Hit's power level is but there's a case to be made it's lower than Vegeta Blue's but since Vegeta is just a normal flesh-and-blood person Hit can just punch him in the heart until he drops, while that woudn't work as well on, say, Buu.

It also kinda goes the other way with opponents like Botamo and Magetta who have the resilience of DBZ villains but not the fire power, so they wouldn't be universe-ending threats but could beat Vegeta anyway.

What I'm saying is the invincible Bota Magetta will win this tournament and save the day.

Sheer resilience being the key to everything is also the reason why all the assholes were so desperate to wish for immorality. Even someone as arrogant as Namek saga Vegeta knows that he's a total wiener compared to Freeza, but if he's immortal he can literally just outlast Freeza and eventually win. Freeza wanted immortality in part to shield himself from the potentiality of the super saiyan prophecy, because while he's like 99% sure that no stupid monkey will ever beat him, there's no harm in hedging your bets.

• Locked thread