Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Covok posted:

There is a trend, long running in the VGs case, of just using the Japanese soundtrack instead of the Falcunoer track.

Seriouspost, wouldn't Rock the Dragon have predated Faulconer, since it was used back when the Ocean Group was doing the voices?

The Faulconer pieces we (I?) associate with DBZ don't start showing up until after Funimation took over the dubbing.

Also, this:

Aurora posted:

Head Chala is better than Rock the Dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

please kill yourself

Because we think this sounds better than this?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is Broly 1 worth watching?

I know some of you guys are raging Broly fanboys, but is the movie actually any good?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, I've never really understood why almost every movie has Goku win with a Spirit Bomb, since it so rarely actually worked in the series.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kild posted:

Hell it never worked. Even against Kid Buu Goku had to get a senzu bean wish to finish him off.

The Spirit Bomb did actually kill him though. When it was used on Vegeta and Frieza, it damaged them, but couldn't finish them.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I think a lot of what happened to Gohan was Toriyama bowing to the pressure of the fans wanting to see Goku and Vegeta fuse.

Not that that excuses it, Gohan deserved way better.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

was tien ever a villain? he was kind of a dick in the second tournament, but that lasted like 3 chapters before roshi told him to quit it

He was training to be an assassin, he broke Yamcha's leg for no reason and was prepared to kill Goku on his master's say so.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So, I stopped following Super back during the Battle of Gods arc. Is it worth taking the time to catch up?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

e X posted:

So, Toei is pulling a Sailor Moon Crystal?

No, they're pulling ANOTHER Sailor Moon Crystal.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Burkion posted:

I am amazed Digimon Tri is getting as much effort as it is.

Who would have thought back in the 90s that one day, Bandai would be giving the most amount of work to DIGIMON over Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z

It might actually be as simple as "this is a series so it gets X yen, this is a group of OVAs so it gets Z yen."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Burkion posted:

That's not even really what's going on with Tri though. Digimon Tri is basically just a 24 episode series broken up into the movies. Crunchyroll still shows them AS episodes, so they're not simply OVAs.

Which makes it hilarious and head scratching to me.

I know that Tri was originally going to be a series and they changed it to be an OVA, maybe that was to get more money?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Did she voice Turles too?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

gently caress chris ayers, linda young is frieza

I didn't know it was possible to be this wrong, holy poo poo.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Near as I can tell, Toei Animation is working on Dragon Ball Super, Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece, Go! Princess Pretty Cure, Robot Girls Z+, World Trigger, and Digimon Adventure tri. So that's seven shows right there, and I personally know that four of those seven are some of the worst animated shows being aired right now. They're also all, coincidently, some of the biggest names in the industry, managing to reach a global audience and capable of earning some serious money compared to the majority of anime shows being made. So I'm not sure it has anything to do with their resources being stretched thin so much as their quality levels are just really low, Toei knows they can make money on name recognition alone so they don't bother putting in more effort beyond the bare minimum required.

They also have at least two live action shows in Kamen Rider Ghost and Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kild posted:

They call him a bad father / not understanding gohan when he literally spent a year with Gohan and all Gohan could talk about was how he wasn't gonna be useless anymore standing on the sidelines and wanted to kill cell himself.

Gohan wanted his absentee and often dead father to be proud of him and the only thing that registered to Goku was "how strong are you" so Gohan communicated on his dad's frequency.

The fact that they spent four years training together and Goku still couldn't figure out that Gohan didn't want to actually fight says a lot about how clueless Goku was.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It's actually pretty easy: there are two timeskips in Dragonball, each of which is three years. Goku's first established age is 12, so he was 15 when he fought Tien and throughout the Piccolo arc and 18 when he marries Chichi.

Five years to DBZ makes him 23.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Baal posted:

I want my Jaco anime

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

I hope Jaco never gets an anime.

It is far too good and you know it'd go to Toei. Jaco deserves far more than the studio that gave us "one chapter = one episode = zero quality" One Piece, between many other animation errors. Including this show in many occasions.

Yeah, that's an excellent point, though a rather depressing one.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cell's regeneration comes from Piccolo's cells. Namekians have a long history of being able to regenerate.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

On the other hand, the near episode long Perfect Cell transformation was awful.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shindragon posted:

I tend to forget about that when TFS completely just cut all that. I really like how they edit the transformations.

Wonder if they will keep the 5 minute SSJ3 though

Yeah, TFS did a really good job with Cell's transformations. They all took a lot longer in the original version.

As did Freeza's.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Do we know for a fact that TP Trunks is the exact same Trunks from the original timeline? I mean, we have four timelines in our main universe and 12 universes total, so the TP Trunks in Heroes could be a totally different Trunks from the TP Trunks in Xenoverse and a different Trunks from Future Trunks.

I'm fine with TP Goten existing, because it means TP Gotenks exists and that's awesome.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Hey remember in the movies where kid trunks peed on brolys head? Also when kid Gohan peed on garlic jr's head?

Toei is full of degenerates is my point here.

Gohan peed on Krillin's head and into his mouth.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Prior to SSJ3, both Goku and Vegeta had achieved SSJ2 and they fought each other with it.

Though they were still calling it "ascended Saiyan."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Aurora posted:

That's what SSGSS is, though.

I thought Super Cyan was figuring out how to combine SSG with regular SSJ?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dragonball is way better than DBZ.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Dragonball manga is better than the DBZ manga, though both are very very good.

Both anime versions have severe pacing and filler issues.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Despite that, Goku vs Vegeta is by far the best fight Toriyama produced.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Gohan rocked the Piccolo outfit really well in the Cell Games.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

In It For The Tank posted:

Joke's on you, after next episode it's back to Raditz.

1999, is that you?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mr. Unlucky posted:

speaking of saiyaman this is really funny:

http://imgur.com/a/48sol

it's pretty long but it just keeps getting better and better

Holy poo poo this is amazing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

RickVoid posted:

I don't want to say "I hope something happens to Little Green so that Piccolo can get named Guardian of Earth by the Kaioh's and get some special Kaioh training", but... come on, when was the last time Dende was relevant as anything other than "We need Dragonballs!" "I made some!" "Good work, Little Green!" "I hate you all."?

Thank you, I just realized that DBZA is only a few episodes away from Little Green's triumphant return.

I can't wait to see how awkward things are between him and Gohan.

• Locked thread