Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm pretty sure that Vegata doesn't have to yell out final flash to make the beam work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

My girlfriend told me that she had to give a third grader in her class crap for watching DBZ during class.

Guess DBZ may become a multi generational thing in north america as well.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Some day someone is going do to their doctorate thesis on determining the exact power levels of each dragon ball character in each saga.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yamcha seems to be a well off baseball player, so it's not like he's some bum.

The guy just knew he was in over his head and bailed. No harm in knowing your limits.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Jonah Galtberg posted:

random internet nerds fanfic interpretation of it fun.

Christ the guy just thought of a fun hypothetical dbz game and you were a huge dick for no reason.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gt had one idea that was absolutely brillant were the dragon balls being the final enemy. They had long became a crutch in the show to get out of a bad situation. Now the heroes are getting punished for abusing their power.

However, for every good idea they had like 3 bad ones and the fight choreography was terrible. Plus the old joke of GT standing for "goku time" is depressingly accurate. That's why I actually love super, because it gives other characters a chance to shine. I'm looking forward to eighteen, krillin and piccolo kicking rear end during the tourney. Almost none of the villains in GT had a distinct personality.

SS4 looks like rear end though. I just don't like this hairy weird look they had. Also they started putting on mascara for no reason. Much more of a fan of the god transformations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Covok posted:

I assume he hates TFS DBZ?

Yes and he basically hates when fans speculate or think of a "What if" scenario.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

SAO abridged is amazing since it turns a lovely show into a great one. It fills in plot holes and actually has character development!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm fine with Gine, but the story she's in bugs me, since I find the story of bardock ova to be way more interesting. Bardock's better when he's clearly a selfish rear end in a top hat, not some superhero that they later tried to turn him in to.

I just can't see him having a nice family life with Gine.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Burkion posted:

Toriyama did not make the Story of Bardock, and it honestly kind of shows. It's darker than anything he ever has done before or since, and what he came up with in Dragon Ball Minus fits far better with his personal taste and tone

I know and I think whoever wrote story of bardock had a better take on bardock than toriyama did :shrug:.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

Beerus is like my favourite character. He's always so angry, but his anger is directed exactly where it should be. At Goku and his dumb antics. He's wonderful and I'm so glad Super expanded his role from the movie.

I like to think that Beerus is secretly kicking himself for following up on his vision of the super sayian god and just wishes he could get away from these goddamn sayians and all their stupid bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The big ninja war already seemed bloated as gently caress in the manga, I cannot even imagine how it'd be in the anime if they were padding it out even more.

• Locked thread