Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

krillin is better as a police officer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wonder if the DBS manga revealing that you can use the Dragon Balls to wish a Potara fusion undone is going to be relevant later on or if it's just an excuse to bring back the original Supreme Kai and Kibito characters.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Raxivace posted:

It would certainly be an excuse to bring in Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegito down the line, if they really wanted to.

Personally I'm not sure I like what the manga did because now there's no drawback to using the Potara Earrings.

Well, it's the same drawback as getting killed, so it's about as harsh a penalty you ever see in DB.

I would be really hype for the return of Vegito though. I hope that's on the table at some point.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cody Banks posted:

Fusion is kinda dumb and fan-ficy. I hope they don't go down that road.

actually fusion owns

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

showing up in a fake sequence means that every single video game will be sure to add Super Hercule as a special unlockable thing though and that will own

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Amorphous Blob posted:

mr popo fuses with buu and become majin buu buu

mr puupuu

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

projecthalaxy posted:

Is this the same snes rpg where you can sneak Chiaotzu onto Namek and trick Ginyu into changing bodies with him?

yeah i think thats the same one. piccolo can fuse with every single namekian you have access to for power boosts including dende, and you can get ginyu to steal chiaotzu's body and then kill him so you get ginyu-chiaotzu on your team permanently

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aurora posted:

oh my loving GOD goku pretending to get punched, land, and fly off with the tractor while still pretending to be punched

the whole episode was good but this part was the funniest goddamn thing

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aurora posted:

RIP SSJGSSJ, say hello to SSJ Blue

this is good because we can have a whole range of SSJ Colors culminating in Super Saiyan Rainbow

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

give krillin kaioken

kill champa with kaioken destructo disk

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Wuxi posted:

I legit hope its Vegeta/Goku (those two are pretty much given) + Krillin/Gohan/Freeza. Beerus and Freeza did get along pretty well (at least in Freeza terms) and he should have enough pull in hell to get him one of those 24 hours off that Goku got. Or something like that. Beerus probably can get pretty inventive when his new favourite food is on the line.

Frieza doesn't care about earth or anything though. It would be fun to see him as a sort of reluctant ally in a weird multiverse tournament but I think he's done after the RoF storyline.

We might see Buu pulled into action though. Depends on what sort of competitors they're going to be up against.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Speaking of Dabura, did Babidi's Majin marking come with a power boost or was it supposed to unlock latent evil energy or what the hell did that thing do? Vegeta was stronger when he had it but I don't remember if that was because the mark unleashed power he was holding back or if the mark itself was a boost to his energy or something

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

probably saving Kai Buu saga and Dragonball Super to launch them as exclusives for some new streaming service or something

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Raserys posted:

If Yajirobe had been there perhaps Frieza and Cell could have been turned to good

he would have eaten frieza's tail after krillin cut it off at least

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

it probably feels like theres more wacky vegeta than usual because we're about to get into the RoF stuff and things are going to be a bit more serious for a while with him soon

but honestly this is the best vegeta's ever been

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Vegeta wants to lord his stuff over Goku but Goku is just happy anyone else bothers to train anymore

It's basically just him and Vegeta at this point

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Krillin being the first human to join the Galactic Police would own

he would get to be the Goku to all his Galactic Policeman buddies' z-fighters at long last

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

in Dragon Ball Super instead of going Super Saiyan Blue there will be a dramatic reveal during the Frieza fight where Vegeta takes on his new form Tall Vegeta

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

edit: whoops

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-zWd2oSImg

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wish it was Frieza, but it's going to be someone entirely new probably

But in an ideal world, it would be Pikkon

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want Hercule to teach Buu how to actually fight and use his signature techniques

Dynamite Kick saves the universe

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Buu gets disqualified when he turns his opponent into candy and eats them

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the good stuff in super is before and after the Battle Of Gods adaption bit. Anything new is great

which makes me feel confident that once we get past Frieza we're going to see the series really come into its own and be good full time

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They cut the $10k backer tier off after two people did it too because they didn't actually intend for anyone to back the super high cost joke tiers

It was a good time all around

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gohan is still insanely strong compared to like the general populace of the universe

there's not much that can put him and his family in danger other than gods and stuff that can just blow up the planet outright

he just stopped progressing while the power curve kept going higher

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Covok posted:

I'm surprised a video game hasn't done a "what-if Hercule wasn't all talk?" scenario yet.

well Xenoverse did have that story segment where he got powered up by evil demon magic and could fly and shoot ki and wreck your poo poo, but that's not exactly the same thing

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

gotenks headbutted a man in the balls and Frieza complained about saiyan procreation. And ginyu beat everyones rear end

dragon ball super is very good

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Yeah the TFS ranking videos come out in the afternoon. So today's is up now.

As for the latest episode of Super, I was a little disappointed with "that place" that Whis sends Vegeta/Goku to. It was about 10 seconds of "Oh noes I can't do anything' and then immediately Vegeta going "Wait if I do this specific thing that we don't really bother with at all, magically I can move fine and this is no longer a problem'.

If there was SOME foreshadowing for it, like Whis telling him off for how he managed his ki or something, that would at least make more sense. It's just really jarring as is.

Unless there was something, but it was like a month ago so I forgot. :shobon:

yeah whis has been like "ugh you guys need to stop leaking your ki and control it better" a few times, so there was a little bit of buildup to that

honestly its going to be really weird if we see dbz characters learn to contain their energy aura stuff and only villains glow anymore

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

captain ginyu finally reunited with the rest of his squad in hell

rest in peace brave soul

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Didn't Blue Dragon get a port to the DS or something? I remember it coming out on a handheld like two years later for no reason and nobody caring

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Ginyu force being kind of goofy was part of what made them kind of scary, Vegeta was still like "we are going to DIE they will SLAUGHTER US" while the Ginyu force is dancing around and treating it all as a big game

They're so casual about it that they're intimidating

I loved the Ginyus because they're like the perfect reps for the overall tone of DB stuff

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i like that whenever someone who's frieza's species shows up, everyone goes "holy poo poo its frieza!!!" both in DBZ but also anywhere online this stuff is discussed

theres a whole species theyre not all just one guy

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

WickedHate posted:

The fusion would just have Radditz's hair.

But it would all come from where Nappa's moustache is located instead of being on top of his head

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 28, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Vegeta is a good dad who takes his son to theme parks and gives him ice cream

Goku canonically has never taken either of his sons out for ice cream let alone to a theme park

But Goku is not the only one at fault, piccolo never gave Gohan ice cream either

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kild posted:

He only gave him icecream and themeparks because he physicall assaulted him out of anger.

Goku doesn't even care enough to to physically assault his own children

Piccolo has to do it for him

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Krillin is a good father and a cool guy

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Goten and Trunks are going to get married

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dragon Ball Online had a hell of a backstory

I wonder if it's still going to be canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want to see Cell in one of those dumb trench coats TP Trunks wears with the fur collar and everything

I bet it looks better on him even if his weird non functioning wings don't fit

• Locked thread